Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Also, warriormark, I have one portmanteau for what just happened to you: TwiLyghtSansShutdown :P.

Nah. "SansShutdown" implies lack of a shutdown, which is misleading, since there absolutely was one. "TwiLyghtSuperShutdown" might be more accurate.

Wiper. Yes, he killed Wiper, and I'm going to say that it doesn't "totally count" unless the Epic was killed as well as captured.

That brings David's kill count up to….seven. Seven Epics. At no point did he "unceremoniously kill" 30 normal Epics, implying that this sort of action is neither normal nor easy. And like Edge pointed out, what do you gain from killing someone like Curveball? It might inflate your kill count, but that's all it does. 

If we're going to use David as a benchmark for badchullery, then my ten-Epic limit is looking pretty storming generous, not constrictive. 

He also very frequently nearly dies and only managed to take out half of those with a great deal of help (An entire city in one case, High Epics in several others)

GUYS I JUSY REALIZED SOMETHING:

Project Amber isn't going to work.

When Timeport teleports into objects, he makes the object disappear (e.g. If he teleports into the wall, then out of the wall, there's a Timeport-sized hold in the wall). With him on Corpsemaker's side, he would never let Corpsemaker just stay trapped in diamond. He would teleport around CM and remove the diamond.

This is a problem.

When Timeport teleports into objects, he makes the object disappear (e.g. If he teleports into the wall, then out of the wall, there's a Timeport-sized hold in the wall). With him on Corpsemaker's side, he would never let Corpsemaker just stay trapped in diamond. He would teleport around CM and remove the diamond.

This is a problem.

What if Timeport were occupied elsewhere while Lucentia was freezing CorpseMaker?

This is a problem.

Assuming Timeport wouldn't just leave him in the diamond, assuming that if he can't get out of it himself he's not worth serving.

Epics have a level of pure, undiluted disloyalty that's honestly kind of impressive. :P

Assuming Timeport wouldn't just leave him in the diamond, assuming that if he can't get out of it himself he's not worth serving.

Epics have a level of pure, undiluted disloyalty that's honestly kind of impressive. :P

Hm...I can make it work. Timeport *really really* wants to go work with Lightwards right now, so he can ... Yeah, I can make it work.

Hm...I can make it work. Timeport *really really* wants to go work with Lightwards right now, so he can ... Yeah, I can make it work.

Remember this day, everyone. This was the only day that Timeport wanting to work with Lightwards actually solved a problem. :mellow::P

Well Lucentia could probably repair it faster than he could get rid of it, and just kill him as soon as he showed up.

(On mobile, sorry for potential double post)

Unless Lucentia wants to be stuck there forever constantly replacing the diamonds. Timeport can just remove them all after she leaves, considering neither he nor CM can die (for long, in Timeport's case :P).

(On mobile, sorry for potential double post)

Unless Lucentia wants to be stuck there forever constantly replacing the diamonds. Timeport can just remove them all after she leaves, considering neither he nor CM can die (for long, in Timeport's case :P).

No but he can be knocked out pretty easily, and the Empire does have two people experienced at holding captive Epics for extended periods of time, one of which is a teleporter as well.

I saw Timeport as the kind of fellow who would gladly betray his old boss if he was beaten. Am I wrong in this?

Kind of? :P His interpretation of his mission from Calamity makes things complicated. :P

Seems like it. Actually, we may already have to update the list. :ph34r:

Lemme think, there still should be Parity and Mundivore in Portland, Florist in the Dalles and Timelock in Astoria to name a couple that come to mind.

Most of the Thoughttown NPCs are also available. Intervention, Smoky, Summoner, Night-Mare, at the very least.

Fine by me. Should I start with Kenshin letting in Buttercup or do you want to take GOOD reacting Kenshin telling her that she's about to leave?

There's

Mitosis, although he needed the help of an entire city

Regarding that. I agree with you. Granted shooting someone like Curveball isn't a challenge but what do you gain from that... appart from most likely having to flee the city?

Seeing as how motivation to write GOOD has been eluding me, I'll say that it's probably best to give her as much to react to as possible, if that's okay with you. 

RE: Badchull Vanillas - My personal policy in fanon RPs is that the characters from the books should generally, with a few key exceptions, be the most Badchull, especially in cases like David's.  Based on the reactions of others, David's ability to take down epics was incredible, and that incredible-ness is undermined if we go and create a bunch of characters that are not only equal but better than David.  David's record of seven or eight epic kills, including some high epics, was impressive, even in the context of him having a team of Reckoners at his disposal.  If we are creating epic-killing Vanilla's, David should be closer to the 10/10 on the spectrum, and our characters should be somewhere below that.  If we suddenly have a bunch of Vanillas superior to David, then we run into the problem of "why didn't our characters solve the epic problem before David came along?"  

Plus, even though his actions are incredible, for the most part David is a regular guy in fantastic circumstances, and I think we should do the same by making 'regular' people and epics who, due to the incredible circumstances they find themselves in, do interesting stuff.  Characters should be unique of course, but personality differences in my experience tend to be far more compelling than incredible abilities.  

Anyways Warrior Mark, or Deus Ex, or whatever your name is now ;), in my opinion you might owe Twi an apology.  I get that you were just joking around, but those jokes could come off as pretty insensitive.  From what I've seen, Twi has worked really hard to make the Reckoners RP a place to develop compelling stories about interesting characters that (at least mostly) coincide with the canon of the books.  Speaking from my experience with MBI, that is no easy task.  I know you were probably just playing devil's advocate, but you were also making Twi take time out of her day to defend a point she has already made dozens of times that is, in my view anyways, correct.  

The fact of the matter is this is an RP with a certain set of rules.  Though those rules are generous and allow for a lot of creativity, they are there for a reason.  As moderator, Twi's job is to enforce those rules.  This job can be annoying if the restrictions you've placed on the RP from the beginning (such as 'this world is the same or similar to canon') are being repeatedly ignored an argued against.  Twi (and the other GMs) doing their jobs means we get to  participate in this fun RP.  In the interest of continuing to participate, I at least would like to make their jobs as fun as possible.  What this means for me is not provoking people just for the sake of an argument when they've already had to repeat themselves a lot.  

It's fine to question and critique things of course, but there's a big difference between asking "Why is my character's backstory a problem?" or "Why do you require character's backstories to be plausible?" and stating "I think you are wrong and that my character should be able to enter the story that you and others who have been here for a long time have created and are letting me participate in as is."  [This point might be better directed to Chasmfiend, but I think I've gone on long enough].  

Sorry for the mini-rant, I just want to make sure that hard work is being respected and that this remains a fun place to write for everyone.  If the story the writers here are telling does not match with the story someone wants to tell, they are more than welcome to start their own RP or write a fan-fiction.  In collaborative fiction, consensus or agreement between writers is important, which is why I think the Reckoners model of group critique for new players is so awesome.  

I hope that all makes sense.  Warriormark, I know you were likely just trying to make a point for argument's sake, and Chasmfiend, I know you were just really excited about your character, and both of those motivations are understandable, but sound motivations do not justify disrespectful behavour.  

EDIT:  I'll add in a disclaimer to say that I did not consult Twi about this, and maybe the exchange did not bother her at all.  If that's the case, I'm probably just projecting some of my own frustrations on to others, and apologize for being presumptive.  

I had an odd dream last night.

I dreamt that Iconoclast discovered that he had a long-lost adult daughter, and he got redeemed. He was very blase about all the people he killed. One exchange that I remember:

Someone: Epics have destroyed society!

Icon: Yes, well I can easily see how. After all, I have spent the last.... *looks at daughter quizzically* seven years?

Daughter: *nods* seven years

Icon: Seven years killing people.

I have weird dreams :P

Ozymandias. Also, I'm wondering if he can also make things grow, as they would be un-decaying.

I do not believe so. Having a power to do something doesn't necessarily mean you can do the opposite of that. Steelheart couldn't un-steelify things, after all.

Edited by Blackhoof

He's gonna make a crater thing, slide down into it and then launch himself through the air. When he hits the ground, it'll be frictionless and he'll be going upwards of 50 mph.

He's gonna make the ground perfectly smooth so there's no friction.

Edited by JerleShannara