Basically wha I see about strawman is a new player who is enthusiastic about his first game and likes to be involved. I realize that people don't really like being told what to do but I don't think it's meant to be forcing people to do things it's just suggestions and basically everyone does stuff like that. I just don't think we should be lynching anyone whose only crime is enthusiasm this early into their first game. 

I'm going to put a vote on Deathclutch. His vote seems like a traitor trying to seal an early lynch without much discussion. Also his first meaningful post of the game is a vote for a player without any reasoning.

EDIT: Vote Colour

Edited by Clanky

Basically wha I see about strawman is a new player who is enthusiastic about his first game and likes to be involved. I realize that people don't really like being told what to do but I don't think it's meant to be forcing people to do things it's just suggestions and basically everyone does stuff like that. I just don't think we should be lynching anyone whose only crime is enthusiasm this early into their first game. 

I'm going to put a vote on Deathclutch. His vote seems like a traitor trying to seal an early lynch without much discussion. Also his first meaningful post of the game is a vote for a player without any reasoning.

You dare accuse me? My reasoning for voting for the strawman was that he seems off to me, and also i didnt like his vote on mark. Thats it. Also i put the vote on because he asked for 3 more supporters of maill :P

Edited by DeathClutch19

Wow. When I said a lynch would be more beneficial, I kind of forgot about the fact that we'd have other kills too. Oh well.

Hmmm. Should Acolytes heal Sart, or should he die as punishment for inactivity? Obviously it's up to the individual Acolytes, but I was thinking about it and I can't decide.

By the way, Maill, I was thinking about putting up a similar list before StrawMan put his up as well. I don't think that particular thing is that suspicious.

Strawman has been acting a little shady, but I thought his vote for Mark was justifiable. I don't think that it's fair to vote for him this early on.

You think it's fair for Strawman to randomly vote on Mark for nothing, but it's not fair for someone to vote on Strawman, even though you say you think he's been acting shady? What reason could you have for protecting him? Teammates perhaps?

...a stoneman wanted to use his powers on the first cycle, you mean? A stoneman who has had one cycle to judge someone's first game, and who may be an eliminator anyways? I fail to see how that further condemns strawman.

Didn't strawman suggest only claiming having Greyscales to protect role info? So it's possible he has a Fatal Wound. If so, he's probably gonna die, since we know Sart has a Fatal Wound. Unless we're gonna let Sart die.

Wow. When I said a lynch would be more beneficial, I kind of forgot about the fact that we'd have other kills too. Oh well.

Hmmm. Should Acolytes heal Sart, or should he die as punishment for inactivity? Obviously it's up to the individual Acolytes, but I was thinking about it and I can't decide.

By the way, Maill, I was thinking about putting up a similar list before StrawMan put his up as well. I don't think that particular thing is that suspicious.

Yeah, at this rate the game could be over in 4 or 5 Cycles really.

I'm not sure if Sart has even been online since the game started. I think I'd like for him to get healed, since he's the only player that needs immediate attention. Strawman is currently up for the lynch, but I don't know if that will hold. He's the only other player that needs Healing, unless someone else who received a Fatal Wound just hasn't come forward.

Edit: ninja'd by Jerle once again protecting Strawman.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

If sart doesn't come on and post this cycle he dies even if he is healed. Healing him once brings him to Wounded, then he will get another fatal wound from not posting again ending up with him dead anyways. If he does return before the end of the cycle and start contributing then I am all for him being healed. 

Given the strength of some players advocating the innocence of Strawman, I almost think we ought to lynch him regardless of how suspicious we find him - purely for the information we'll get on players who defended him and who pressed for his lynch. For now, at least, my vote will stay where it is.

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

Oswin was poisoning himself. He didn't want any part of this. He was already scared shitless by the White Walkers, so why did there have to be traitors here as well? He had hid himself in the cellar, drinking ration after ration of booze. He was dying in here. The others had found him though. They were mad, understandably so. He was a thief, and he always would be. He was a mean drunk though. He wouldn't let himself die. Not to these sorry lot. How dare they judge him? He wanted to come out on top for once. He took an unsteady step forward, and propped himself up on his axe. One way or another, he wouldn't die here.

Well, I missed the first cycle, and am dying. I would appreciate a heal, but I'll understand if you need to use it somewhere else. I'm going through the thread to get my bearings. I should post some analysis a little bit later tonight, so stay tuned.

I agree Orlok. Deathclutch , Strawman . Sorry.

First, why switch votes just like that?  An explanation would be nice.  Second, you need to green out your first votes on Deathclutch.

Third, welcome Sart.  Cutting it a little close there aren't we?

Edit:  We might also want to discuss if the Priest brings back Kynedath, Stink or Mark.  I don't think Mark is a good candidate to bring back as he was lynched but either of the other two could be.

Edited by Alvron

Edit:  We might also want to discuss if the Priest brings back Kynedath, Stink or Mark.  I don't think Mark is a good candidate to bring back as he was lynched but either of the other two could be.

I actually think all three are safe to bring back. On the first cycle, the villagers are clueless and the eliminators are subtly directing them. The eliminators aren't going to want to lynch one of their own, (because villagers wouldn't consider bringing them back,) although they might try a dead gazelle gambit with their eliminator kill. So I would say Mark is as safe or safer to bring back than the other two. So choose the person who's most active in the thread to return to the land of the living.

I actually think all three are safe to bring back. On the first cycle, the villagers are clueless and the eliminators are subtly directing them. The eliminators aren't going to want to lynch one of their own, (because villagers wouldn't consider bringing them back,) although they might try a dead gazelle gambit with their eliminator kill. So I would say Mark is as safe or safer to bring back than the other two. So choose the person who's most active in the thread to return to the land of the living.

Personally I think that the red priest should wait to use their power until someone more confirmed than "usually people killed on C1 aren't eliminators" is killed or someone who we know has a valuable role. Did any of the dead players claim a role to anyone here? 

Also I think Mark is definitely not the most safe to bring back. You are 100% basing that off the fact that C1 lynches have a poor success rate. However they aren't always wrong. If I had to choose someone to bring back this cycle it would be Kyn because he was killed by the traitors and I doubt that they would kill one of their own so early even if they have a Red priest. I still don't recommend it at all though. Anyone revived this early would seem very suspicious to me with the lack of data we've got.

This game is going to be difficult to analyze, as we do not get instant feedback on good and evil roles. However, this cannot stop us from making analysis. With 4 bad guys (according to the write up), we're going to need some lucky lynches if we want to succeed.

I think the best strategy for villages is to look for contradictions. Eliminators want to lynch people, so it makes sense that they will jump on bandwagons. However, that also causes flaws in their logic, which we can use to defeat them. So let's analyze what people have said so far.

Lopen: To B. Determined received a vote early on in Cycle 1 from Paranoid King, and advised us to be careful when it comes to vote retractions. He laid an outline for roles, which had already been done. Advises against inactivity (whoops), but refuses to vote due to lack of suspects. He's been fairly active, but all in all, he's flying under the radar.

Anamaxider: He posted saying he wouldn't vote Cycle 1. And he hasn't replied today, so there's nothing there...

Alvron: Asks about number of cycles, and posts rule clarifications. He later adds a vote tally, but never actually votes. All he's done this cycle is say hi to me.

Mailliw: Finally, someone who actually voted! He first attacks inactives for a couple of posts, with his vote winding up on me. Then he changes from me to Mark with no explanation! This cycle he's accusing Strawman for voting for Mark without any reason. Talk about calling the kettle black... Plus he wants to kill me, so that's annoying. He's at the top of my suspicion list.

Elbereth: Agrees to a plan that thinks that players can't PM people if they're doing an action. He posted a vote total near the end of the cycle, but again, didn't vote. He's been on this cycle shaming Mailliw for bad logic, but that's about it.

Paranoid King: He first poke votes Lopen, interestingly enough. He then creates a plan that doesn't work. He switches his vote from Lopen onto Mark at Strawman's request. I would still like an explanation of that. He is now suggesting we revive Mark, after he previously voted for him. It's very odd.

Kipper: He managed to get 3 votes on him last cycle, but no one is attacking him any more. That's probably because everyone who voted for him is dead. He voted for Strawman early on in cycle 1, and never retracted it. Other than poke votes, he hasn't done much. However, he now claims that Mark PM'd him claiming to be a Skindancer. That's strange, since Mark was voting for him at the time.

JerleShannara: He's been very active, but most of his posts are only 1 liners. He's voting for Strawman now, again after following Strawman's instructions to kill Mark. He was apparently convinced by Orlok, but didn't do a very good job of defending himself.

StrawMan: He's been all over the place. He was the driving force behind Mark's lynch, he's been talking in code, and generally just being confusing. Still, he is a new player, so I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt.

Orlok: He's only made 3 posts this game. He's voting for Strawman right now based off of gut feeling. That can be more useful than you'd imagine, but I'm keeping an eye on him.

Clanky: He's been fairly active, but he didn't vote cycle one. He is now advocating killing Deathclutch for jumping on Strawman's lynch train.

DeathClutch: He jumped on Strawman's train today That's all he's really done, so it's hard to get a read on him.

LUNA: She's done even less than DeathClutch. She's borderline inactive, so there's no way I can get a read on her.

This summary has gone on long enough. I'm most suspicious of Mailliw because of the blatant contradiction in his voting patterns. I'm conflicted on Strawman's lynch, especially since we won't know if it's worthwhile until 2 cycles from now. I understand why he's suspicious, but I think it's a case of over-enthusiasm more than anything.

I'm sorry if my posts aren't long enough, this is my first time playing a game like this. However, I think that everyone is trying to create flaws where there are none, which in my opinion will just cause confusion and disorganization.

Edit: Also, I wasn't following Strawman's instructions, I was merely suspicious of Mark's blatant observation "I am a villager"

Edited by JerleShannara

Paranoid King: He first poke votes Lopen, interestingly enough. He then creates a plan that doesn't work. He switches his vote from Lopen onto Mark at Strawman's request. I would still like an explanation of that. He is now suggesting we revive Mark, after he previously voted for him. It's very odd.

This summary has gone on long enough. I'm most suspicious of Mailliw because of the blatant contradiction in his voting patterns. I'm conflicted on Strawman's lynch, especially since we won't know if it's worthwhile until 2 cycles from now. I understand why he's suspicious, but I think it's a case of over-enthusiasm more than anything.

My standard strategy is to lynch someone C1. This game, I did that because that's what I normally do, and then I started thinking about how the eliminators would act. I don't think either Mark or Kipper are guilty. And I'm not advocating to raise Mark, I'm just pointing out that he's a valid option, as he seemed to be excluded from Alvron's list. I'm trying to go about this game differently, because normally I'm very inaccurate in my predictions.

Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious of Mailliw, too. Let's see how this plays out.