New Allomantic Metals symbols

Xayide

Any clue or hint about this?

There are three new symbols that appear in the book on the introductory pages of parts Two, Five and Six.

I've made a list of all the ones that appear in each part and chapter:

Part One: Malatium
1: Iron
2: Steel
Part Two: Unknown
1: Tin
2: Pewter
3: Zinc
4: Brass
Part Three: Lerasium
1: Copper
2: Bronze
3: Cadmium
Part Four: Atium
1: Bendalloy
2: Gold
3: Electrum
4: Chromium
Part Five: Unknown
1: Nicrosil
2: Aluminum
3: Duralumin
Part Six: Unknown
1: Iron
2: Steel
3: Tin
4: Pewter
5: Zinc
6: Brass
7: Copper
8: Bronze
9: Cadmium

Edited by Xayide

My theory is that they reference some other alloys of atium or lerasium, since the base god metals and malatium are there on parts one, three and four. It has also been stated AFAIK that atium and lerasium could be combined with other metals as alloys to make even more allomantic metals than the known 16. Malatium is an example of that.

All (well, most) of the symbols are known Scadrian symbols.  Part 2's symbol is the Kredik Shaw logo, as seen on the map of Luthadel in TFE.  Part 5's is Aon Ire, written with the curves, spikes, and dots of the Steel Alphabet, and is the exception.  Part 6 is Harmonium.  

All (well, most) of the symbols are known Scadrian symbols.  Part 2's symbol is the Kredik Shaw logo, as seen on the map of Luthadel in TFE.  Part 5's is Aon Ire, written with the curves, spikes, and dots of the Steel Alphabet, and is the exception.  Part 6 is Harmonium.  

Hmmm, I guess you're right. Where can i find an official reference to the symbol for Harmonium though? There's none on the Coppermind page for it.

Still, don't the first two you mention seem a little bit out of place? A Kredik Shaw logo and an Aon (even though the Ire are a big part of the book) among allomantic metals? Besides, we don't really know if the Kredik Shaw logo is actually just a symbol for the palace itself or it's actually a representation of a metal, do we?

Well the Kredik Shaw logo has been on maps very frequently to denote the place.

Plus, you know. The first part began with burning malatium. Then we got stuck in the well under Kredik Shaw. After that, he and Leras were doing things in the Lerasium part. Then Ruin talks during the journey in the Atium part.

The Ire part is about the Ire, and the Harmonium part was about the leadup to the Final Ascension.

They all fit to me.

Yeah, maybe I'm seeing too much into this...

But still, can anyone point me to a source about the Harmonium symbol? Much appreciated!

I'm still a newbie about the secrets of the Cosmere. I've read all the books, but I started digging the coppermind wiki and the 17th shard for info literally yesterday lol. After reading the Secret History I couldn't hold back anymore and "wait for it all to come together by reading the stories alone".

• Chaos locked this topic