A thread of video games

Zathoth

Like Ice/Fire, or every dragons nightmare Ice/Fairy? XD

I mean, pure ice would be most preferable before stretching into the realm of dual types, because my Glaceon can only do so much, and Cloyster falls under that water dual type category I mentioned. Gah.

Any speculation on what the new legendary pokemon in Sun and Moon will be? I'm thinking that Sun will have a pokemon that is very Amaterasu-like, will Moon will have a pokemon very Tsukuyomi-like. If you don't know, these are the Sun and Moon gods in the Shinto religion.   

I feel it'll depend on what setting they base the region off of. It might be odd to make Shinto legendaries if the game takes place in Pokemon Hawaii like the video Morzy posted says.

pokken_tournament_early_roster_by_hirata

I am ok with it. I dont know why they added Braixien instead of Delphox or why we need two Mewtwo and Pikachu, but otherwise I like it. And Chandelure is such an odd choice, I love it XD

My favorites from the gameplay videos I have seen are Gengar, Weavile, Sceptile and Chandelure.

We've known of this roster for some time now. I assume they picked Braixen due to it's stick and build lending it to more classic fighting postures than Delphox. As for the Mewtwo's, Shadow Mewtwo is only available with the amiibo card if I'm not mistaken. Pickachu is because...er...he's the mascot? They had to do something with those Pika costumes from Gen VI? The move set is different at least, I think (not sure if that's true for the Mewtwo's).

I'm excited for the game, just don't know if I'll be any good at it, since I'm terrible at all not-Smash style fighting games.

Edited by Blaze1616

We've known of this roster for some time now. I assume they picked Braixen due to it's stick and build lending it to more classic fighting postures than Delphox. As for the Mewtwo's, Shadow Mewtwo is only available with the amiibo card if I'm not mistaken. Pickachu is because...er...he's the mascot? They had to do something with those Pika costumes from Gen VI? The move set is different at least, I think (not sure if that's true for the Mewtwo's).

I'm excited for the game, just don't know if I'll be any good at it, since I'm terrible at all not-Smash style fighting games.

Yeah but I figured someone might have missed it.

Delphox has a stick too though, but it doesnt bother me that much. I am pretty sure the Shadow Mewtwo card just makes you unlock Shadow Mewtwo earlier and you can unlock it later in the game and Pikachu Libre is pretty awesome, Im just puzzled XD They both have different movesets, yes, not sure how different Shadow Mewtwo is from Mewtwo though.

If you look at the character select screen it looks like they could fit 4 more characters on it, so if they released DLC characters which 4 would the rest of you like to see? Personal wishlist goes something like

Houndoom (Because it is my favorite pokemon, though I have Gengar which is my second favorite pokemon, so Im ok)

Alakazam (Just an awesome Pokemon)

Any of the 3 first water starters, or Greninja (I want all 4, Swampert if I have to pick only one, but Im ok with any of the 4)

Scizor (it would just be so cool in this game)

Houndoom would be awesome. I'd kind of like to see Absol as well. I'm also very surprised that Medicham isn't on the roster. I feel like Medicham would be a perfect choice for a fighting game like this. 

Edited by Patar

Houndoom would be awesome. I'd kind of like to see Absol as well. I'm also very surprised that Medicham isn't on the roster. I feel like Medicham would be a perfect choice for a fighting game like this. 

Absol would be cool, Medicham would make a lot of sense, I really want Alakazam though.

I eat nails for breakfast, nothing but Dark souls, Dark Souls 2, XCOM, and Planetside for me!!!

and yes, the nails may have been inquisitor spikes fyi

Megaman Legacy Collection 51956uth.gif

Though honestly Ive never played Dark Souls. No idea how difficult it is.

Absol would be cool, Medicham would make a lot of sense, I really want Alakazam though.

Megaman Legacy Collection 51956uth.gif

Though honestly Ive never played Dark Souls. No idea how difficult it is.

Well, its controls are complex, and its gameplay is very different from conventional games, and this disconnect from the norm is what has given it the label of 'superhard'. Once you get the mechanics down, the game is challenging, but not evil. Your first playthrough of the game is typically 150 hours long, so you will get your moneys worth.

The series has some of the most interesting combat and lore, and the closest I can compare it to is elantris. You play as an undead, and each time you die you get closer to going Hollow, a state where you lose your sanity and prey upon other undead in a desperate attempt to reclaim what was lost. You travel through the ruins of a once grand civilization, trying to discover some way to stave off the inevitable madness, all the while learning about what led the kingdoms you traverse to their ends.

It's stupidly fun.

these are some of the trailers to dark souls 2

and here are two to dark souls 3 (coming april 12)

I'm a massive fan of these games, so I am not an unbiased source.

EDIT: didn't know it would put the videos in the post, can someone tell me how to put them in a spoiler tab?

Edited by Bowiespoon

If you look at the character select screen it looks like they could fit 4 more characters on it, so if they released DLC characters which 4 would the rest of you like to see? Personal wishlist goes something like

Houndoom (Because it is my favorite pokemon, though I have Gengar which is my second favorite pokemon, so Im ok)

Alakazam (Just an awesome Pokemon)

Any of the 3 first water starters, or Greninja (I want all 4, Swampert if I have to pick only one, but Im ok with any of the 4)

Scizor (it would just be so cool in this game)

I wouldn't mind adding some of the types they are currently missing. So Bug could get Pinsir or Scizor like you suggest, as they both have Mega's to fit in with most of the roster. Rock could get Probopass, Sudowoodo, Aggron, or Tyranitar. Every other type is represented by the roster.

It also seems likely that they add Swampert given the other two Hoenn starters, though of all the water starters, Empoleon, Samurott, and Blastoise could all be cool additions. 

Well, its controls are complex, and its gameplay is very different from conventional games, and this disconnect from the norm is what has given it the label of 'superhard'. Once you get the mechanics down, the game is challenging, but not evil. Your first playthrough of the game is typically 150 hours long, so you will get your moneys worth.

The series has some of the most interesting combat and lore, and the closest I can compare it to is elantris. You play as an undead, and each time you die you get closer to going Hollow, a state where you lose your sanity and prey upon other undead in a desperate attempt to reclaim what was lost. You travel through the ruins of a once grand civilization, trying to discover some way to stave off the inevitable madness, all the while learning about what led the kingdoms you traverse to their ends.

It's stupidly fun.

EDIT: didn't know it would put the videos in the post, can someone tell me how to put them in a spoiler tab?

Only problem is that I am not really equipped console wise for these games XD Problem with being a Nintendo fan...

I wouldn't mind adding some of the types they are currently missing. So Bug could get Pinsir or Scizor like you suggest, as they both have Mega's to fit in with most of the roster. Rock could get Probopass, Sudowoodo, Aggron, or Tyranitar. Every other type is represented by the roster.

It also seems likely that they add Swampert given the other two Hoenn starters, though of all the water starters, Empoleon, Samurott, and Blastoise could all be cool additions. 

Or Heracross. Heracross is cool, though I want Scizor the most out of Bug types.

Out of the Rock types you mentioned Tyranitar is my favorite, though one of the Fossils could be cool too. Kabutops would make the most sense, but Helix Lord Omastar could be interesting.

I dont like the 4 and 5 gen starters XD I just think they are boring design wise, but I want any of the other ones.

Only problem is that I am not really equipped console wise for these games XD Problem with being a Nintendo fan...

Or Heracross. Heracross is cool, though I want Scizor the most out of Bug types.

Out of the Rock types you mentioned Tyranitar is my favorite, though one of the Fossils could be cool too. Kabutops would make the most sense, but Helix Lord Omastar could be interesting.

I dont like the 4 and 5 gen starters XD I just think they are boring design wise, but I want any of the other ones.

They are on PC as well, and aren't paticularly graphically intesive

I got slapped hard on Bloodborne and got lucky even beating boss1 so I just stopped playing it after 2-3 weeks of not making progress.

Found Dark S yesterday for $12 and I made a Sor and I ve had a lot easier time on this game. What do I lvl up on a Sor?

I believe you level up at the bonfire, but it has been years since I booted up dark souls

I was messing around with my guitar, started playing something and I am sure it is from Xenoblade: Chronicles, but I cant find the song.

Lets see if I can make a decent recording for you...

I definitely messed up a little, but whatever

Anyone?

It's very similar to the first phrase of Aryll's theme from Wind Waker. Is that a possibility?

Edited by Curiosity

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting back into elite dangerous recently.  There was a community event, which gave a viper Mk 4 (not the best ship, but not bad by any means) to folks like me, who've only played a itty bit of the game so far (between 3 and 18 hours).  I'm rather hoping the new ship will make dog fighting more fun for me.  And open up customization options I didn't have before.

But its a sandbox game, so I might get terribly bored of the game, and walk away from it.  Who knows