So I've been trying to come up with a plan for finding the GAs and I noticed something. Based on the win conditions, technically, all the gangs can win together. We just have to eliminate the GAs within our own gang and then eliminate the Epics in a rival gang. I think it behooves us to all work together rather than to fall into side fighting. If we do that, then we're just opening ourselves up to be killed off by the GAs easier. 

So here's what I'm thinking, we focus on the GAs without regard for which gang their in. Once they're dead, each gang can offer up their Epics. Since the Epics are still part of their respective gangs, even if they die, they still win. 

This way, we can all work together without worrying about backstabbing and can turn the full focus of all the gangs to locating the GAs. 

I for one, if I turn into an Epic, would gladly offer myself up for the block after the GAs are dead. I'd rather be dead and win then be alive and lose. Thoughts?

Edited by Metacognition

I think you've got a good plan Lopen. There may be a better way to find eliminators using resistance tactics, but I'm afraid either of our plans require dictating where people go and it may hurt the fun of the game.

It's just organizing. I don't see why players would care that much. I don't have to tell everyone where the groups of players should go either. We could have a different player choose the groups and locations every Cycle. I just feel like this will give us time to have more time for lynches and for information gathering roles(Bankers mostly, but there are others) because it will stop the GA's ability to use their kills very often.

So I've been trying to come up with a plan for finding the GAs and I noticed something. Based on the win conditions, technically, all the gangs can win together. We just have to eliminate the GAs within our own gang and then eliminate the Epics in a rival gang. I think it behooves us to all work together rather than to fall into side fighting. If we do that, then we're just opening ourselves up to be killed off by the GAs easier. 

So here's what I'm thinking, we focus on the GAs without regard for which gang their in. Once they're dead, each gang can offer up their Epics. Since the Epics are still part of their respective gangs, even if they die, they still win. 

This way, we can all work together without worrying about backstabbing and can turn the full focus of all the gangs to locating the GAs. 

I for one, if I turn into an Epic, would gladly offer myself up for the block after the GAs are dead. I'd rather be dead and win then be alive an lose. Thoughts?

Sounds good I think. If we do it this way, it would seem that we should probably send our points to the Bankers right? Because they could scan for GA's that way.

One question though. How do we kill the Epics at the same time? Like, if each gang has an Epic left when the GA's are dead, how would we do that? I'm assuming the game ends when any gang meets their win condition.

I'd like to hear from the GM's on that ruling, but that sounds great to me.

also sorry for the forever-long posts. I was writing so much I forgot the reason I started that last one. I think for now all points should go to the bankers. They are proven to not be Agents and there is no chance for interception by the agents. As soon as the bankers get the points, they need to start learning the members of their gangs or the government agents. Actually, if we go with Meta's idea, just find the Agents.If they get the points we can have a perfect lynch game and win day five or six.

All it will require is cycle 2 each banker will have to pm someone and that person will act as proxy. The agents will kill one of them and after two cycles, we have all their identities.

Edit: ninja'd by Lopen

Edited by Elkanah

If the game ends whenever just one of the gangs gets their win con, then this could be a very short game. What if we get lucky and off a GA today and they were the only one in that gang and their rival gang doesn't have an Epic yet? 

I don't think it works that way. 

If the game ends whenever just one of the gangs gets their win con, then this could be a very short game. What if we get lucky and off a GA today and they were the only one in that gang and their rival gang doesn't have an Epic yet? 

I don't think it works that way. 

Hmm.

GM's could we get some clarification? If any one gang meets their win condition, what happens? (Edit: >) Will the game continue? (my first question was kinda vague)

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Hmm.

GM's could we get some clarification? If any one gang meets their win condition, what happens? (Edit: >) Will the game continue? (my first question was kinda vague)

Currently, we have it so that the game ends. But if you want, we can Keep going until there's a second place.

Another idea: we're trying to find out who everyone in our gang is, right? So why don't we have each gang dictate their headquarters as their location for today? We see who is all in our location, right? So if we did this, then everyone in your location is a part of your gang. 

Granted, there might be a few people who either don't send in orders or who pick a location that they're not a part of that gang, but if we're all working together as is, then this shouldn't be an issue and even if it is, our Commanders would sniff them out fairly quickly. 

This sets us back on being able to make full use out of some locations, but it does free up the Bankers even more. 

Another idea: we're trying to find out who everyone in our gang is, right? So why don't we have each gang dictate their headquarters as their location for today? We see who is all in our location, right? So if we did this, then everyone in your location is a part of your gang. 

Granted, there might be a few people who either don't send in orders or who pick a location that they're not a part of that gang, but if we're all working together as is, then this shouldn't be an issue and even if it is, our Commanders would sniff them out fairly quickly. 

This sets us back on being able to make full use out of some locations, but it does free up the Bankers even more. 

I like this plan.

An issue with my plan is if Maill is put in a room with Agent A, then we mix up the groups and Maill ends up with Agent B. Both nights people die in the building with Maill. Thus we suspect Maill and lynch him accordingly, when all the while Agents A and B keep alternating.

This is an issue with both plans. I can't do math right now, but can anyone tell me if it's feasible to just lynch/kill the other three people in any room where a kill is made? Because that might work, but my math instincts aren't functioning well enough right now to figure it out. If no one else does, I'll try to have a crack at it in the morning.

I for one, if I turn into an Epic, would gladly offer myself up for the block after the GAs are dead. I'd rather be dead and win then be alive and lose. Thoughts?

I definitely like this plan. I don't see any holes in it (although I haven't read through the rules a second time yet). Hopefully it works?

One question though. How do we kill the Epics at the same time? Like, if each gang has an Epic left when the GA's are dead, how would we do that? I'm assuming the game ends when any gang meets their win condition.

It depends on how many Epics there are. But if there is only one Epic left in each gang, the Bankers do have a kill. If they all use that on the same night, there shouldn't be a problem, correct?

I also like this idea. It does prevent us from using Lopen's plan for the first cycle, but that's worth the added information. And that way we reduce the knowledge gap of the eliminators over us (because they know at least some of the composition of each group), though this will tell them the exact composition of every group after that point. I think it's worth it, though.

EDIT: I don't think I ever declared a playstyle for this game. I don't think I'm going to, actually. I have enough to worry about with traveling and LG18. I'll just be normal. (Rejoice, Kipper. Or whatever.)

Edited by Elbereth

Currently, we have it so that the game ends. But if you want, we can Keep going until there's a second place.

A second place. I've never cared for that much.  :P

How good of an idea do you think this is Meta? I can't seem to figure out if it's good or bad. On one hand, we'd know our gang members and could coordinate things. On the other hand, there's the risk of spies for rival gangs. What if one of them has a kill role? They'd have a nice list of people to kill before the Commander would be able to catch them, and then, if they're about to get lynched or something, they might reveal who went to that specific location. I don't know if it's worth the risk.

Edit: Elbereth, using the Bankers might just work.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Star Thief woke to the brilliant Organ sun streaming in through her window, and reflecting off the many shinies she had stuffed into her room. Her cat was asleep on top of her head, its tail lazily waving back and forth across Star Thief's mouth. The tiny hairs tickling her nose, Star Thief tried to hold back a sneeze. She screwed up her eyes and held her breath, but to no avail.

“Aaaaa-choo!” The cat leapt off of her face, and landed on her belly, causing Star Thief to giggle.

"Stop it Moon," cried Star though fits of laughter as her cat scampered across her midsection, causing more giggles. “That tickles!”

Shaking off the cat, Star got out of bed, and looked at her reflection from the cracked mirror that laid propped up against her wall. A pair of brilliant blue eyes stared back at her from underneath an frazeld tangle of shoulder length blond hair. Out of the corner of her eye, Star saw a really sparkly shiny peaking out from beneath a large shiny plate. She scampered away from the mirror to investigate what it was.

“Ohhh!” Cried Star in amazement to her cat as she lifted up a shiny tiara. “It’s so shiny.” Star initially put it on her head, flattening her hair benething it.  

“How do I look?” She asked her cat, and without waiting for a response, she  jumped out of her window on to the the fire escape, off to look for some more shinies.

Sorry for all of you who are in the Reckoners RP, this might seem a little redundant in a few days...

This game I’ll be on more often, because I have spring break this week!

Anyways, let’s get this started, I vote for Silverblade5, just because it’s going to get really confusing since everyone shortens both of our names to Silver, so one of us needs to go.

Star Thief woke to the brilliant Organ sun streaming in through her window, and reflecting off the many shinies she had stuffed into her room. Her cat was asleep on top of her head, its tail lazily waving back and forth across Star Thief's mouth. The tiny hairs tickling her nose, Star Thief tried to hold back a sneeze. She screwed up her eyes and held her breath, but to no avail.

“Aaaaa-choo!” The cat leapt off of her face, and landed on her belly, causing Star Thief to giggle.

"Stop it Moon," cried Star though fits of laughter as her cat scampered across her midsection, causing more giggles. “That tickles!”

Shaking off the cat, Star got out of bed, and looked at her reflection from the cracked mirror that laid propped up against her wall. A pair of brilliant blue eyes stared back at her from underneath an frazeld tangle of shoulder length blond hair. Out of the corner of her eye, Star saw a really sparkly shiny peaking out from beneath a large shiny plate. She scampered away from the mirror to investigate what it was.

“Ohhh!” Cried Star in amazement to her cat as she lifted up a shiny tiara. “It’s so shiny.” Star initially put it on her head, flattening her hair benething it.  

“How do I look?” She asked her cat, and without waiting for a response, she  jumped out of her window on to the the fire escape, off to look for some more shinies.

Sorry for all of you who are in the Reckoners RP, this might seem a little redundant in a few days...

This game I’ll be on more often, because I have spring break this week!

Anyways, let’s get this started, I vote for Silverblade5, just because it’s going to get really confusing since everyone shortens both of our names to Silver, so one of us needs to go.

Ah come on man. You can be Dragon while I can be Silver. We both win, and nobody is lynched for absolutely no good reason without evidence. Unless you have an actual reason for wanting me dead, I'd appreciate you removing your vote Dragon. Once you do so, I shall do the same.

Ah come on man. You can be Dragon while I can be Silver. We both win, and nobody is lynched for absolutely no good reason without evidence. Unless you have an actual reason for wanting me dead, I'd appreciate you removing your vote Dragon. Once you do so, I shall do the same.

Nah, were's the fun in that?

(By the way, just so all you people who look for "change in play style" this is one, but i'm trying to change it for good, so don't lynch me for that.) 

Nah, were's the fun in that?

(By the way, just so all you people who look for "change in play style" this is one, but i'm trying to change it for good, so don't lynch me for that.) 

The fun is that no one is out on the first turn, and people don't get kicked out of one just after getting kicked out of another. Seriously man, I'd at least like a chance.

Ok, just because I'm nice-ish, Silverblade5

So, is everyone going to do the whole, go to one place if your in one gang, thing?

Thank you Dragon, now we can get some work done. Do you know any members of your gang? If so, contact them and work out a plan. In the mean  time, I'd suggest donating your points to your gang's banker if you have any so that you can figure out who's in your gang.

At this point, no one knows any members (I think?). Definitely donate the points, we've agreed, but we haven't assigned locations yet. I need to go to bed, so if someone else could assign places so that they're fairly equal, I'd appreciate that. I'll be on briefly in the morning to place my location order.

Edited by Elbereth

Hmmmm, donating points could be a good idea, especial round one. That way if the banker is good a logic, he/she can then figure out who is in her gang by the number of points given, or at least have a good idea of how many are active.  

Hmmmm, donating points could be a good idea, especial round one. That way if the banker is good a logic, he/she can then figure out who is in her gang by the number of points given, or at least have a good idea of how many are active.  

Exactly. And if he gets enough of them, he can also reveal gov agents. I really do believe letting the banker make the actions for now is the smart play.

Have you read the discussion so far? If we follow Meta's plan (which you haven't commented upon so I'm taking it as a default that you agree with it because it's a smart plan), giving all points to the banker is the best possible thing, because only they can scan government agents. We get rid of all the government agents as fast as we can, then the Epics, then we're done. Good?

I'm going to bed now. Good night.

I've read it, and I agree. Remember that thing we did in LG18? I think we can do something similar here. If we have everybody donate to bankers, then the people who don't donate are the ones  most likely to be GAs.

How do the bankers know who didn't donate? 

Edited by TheSilverDragon

How good of an idea do you think this is Meta? I can't seem to figure out if it's good or bad. On one hand, we'd know our gang members and could coordinate things. On the other hand, there's the risk of spies for rival gangs. What if one of them has a kill role? They'd have a nice list of people to kill before the Commander would be able to catch them, and then, if they're about to get lynched or something, they might reveal who went to that specific location. I don't know if it's worth the risk.

Edit: Elbereth, using the Bankers might just work.

If we're all working together, then it doesn't really matter if an opposing gang member does that. Plus, we don't have to kill off all other members of the rival gangs, just their Epics. Besides that, if they don't go to their respective headquarters, then the rest of their own gang won't know that they're a part of their gang and they'll be less trusted in their own gang even (because they could be a spy from a rival gang trying to weasel their way into their gang). 

I'm actually starting to get suspicious of you, Lopen. You put forth a plan early on, but then you're trying to subtly block any other plans. Perhaps that's because you're trying to guide everyone to a plan that works out best for the Eliminators?

EDIT: You can consider this an answer to Elodin's concerns as well. 

Edited by Metacognition