The Ultimate Cosmere quiz!

Bryce Carmony

I've written over 300 questions that will grill any Sanderson fan on the world of the Cosmere at http://Www.EloEverything.com !!!!!! If you have feedback please feel free to let me know and good luck getting the highest Elo :)

Q: So what? Quizzes already exist on Quizup and Triviacrack  Kingdoms.

A: EloEverything is different for several reasons:

1- it uses a zero sum elo system to rate players AND questions meaning harder Questions get paired against higher ranked players

2- questions are in multiple categories so you get rated faster and more accurately. 

3- players play the game by themselves and are ranked against others instead of arbitrary 1 v 1 matches. 

Q: what about spoilers?

A: I've written the questions to quiz more on story details and not on plot points. You won't be asked about big reveals. However some spoilers are inevitable (that there are 16 metals, etc )

Q: what's the advantage of Elo?

A: unlike linear scoring games like quizup where the highest rank goes to whose played the most Elo means you get the highest rank by defeating the hardest questions. It's more about talent not time.

Q: are you adding more questions?

A: yes! And anyone can add qUestions as well on the site. 

Q: won't that cause duplicate questions? 

A: possibly but because questions over time will group by Elo similar questions will cluster in the same Elo area so it won't bother players above out below them. I wouldn't write questions like "What does burning tin do?" But there Is a lot that can be asked still. 

Q: Is it free?

A: absolutely. This is a labor of love and totally free now and always. 

Q: what's Elo?

A: Elo is a ranking system invented by a German mathematician to more accurately predict chess player performance, 

It's a zero sum system where each player starts at 1,200 and losses and gains elo against other players. We took the exact same concept but have elo to questions as well as players.

Q: when I answer a question I get different amounts of Elo in different categories. Why?

A: it's all about what Elo you're at vs the question. If a question is 1600 in a category you're only 1100 in getting that question wrong won't lose you much since the difference is so great. But getting it correct will grant you a lot of Elo!

This is a cool idea. I've spent a bunch of time already answering questions. If we find errors, how can we notify the creator? I noticed one question referred to the Smoker in Kelsier's Crew as Cobble, instead of Clubs, for example. Just don't want peoples scores affected by accidents.

This is a cool idea. I've spent a bunch of time already answering questions. If we find errors, how can we notify the creator? I noticed one question referred to the Smoker in Kelsier's Crew as Cobble, instead of Clubs, for example. Just don't want peoples scores affected by accidents.

after you answer any question there's a "report question" button that triggers the admins. I'll fix that question you mentioned here thanks for bringing it up.

Pretty fun.  There's an insane number of questions regarding which generation a kandra is part of.  I get them all wrong.  Every one of them.  I had ten in a row, lost 100 points. I see more questions of that type than any aside from classification of the metals.

Any way to tone it down a bit?  Am I the only one who godawful at getting which generation the kandra is from correct?  

Pretty fun. There's an insane number of questions regarding which generation a kandra is part of. I get them all wrong. Every one of them. I had ten in a row, lost 100 points. I see more questions of that type than any aside from classification of the metals.

Any way to tone it down a bit? Am I the only one who godawful at getting which generation the kandra is from correct?

That's a product of the way the programming retrieves questions it goes down the lIst as they were added as long as they're within your Elo. Because the system is new all the elos haven't reached equilibrium. But I'm working on improving the variety

That's a product of the way the programming retrieves questions it goes down the lIst as they were added as long as they're within your Elo. Because the system is new all the elos haven't reached equilibrium. But I'm working on improving the variety

I still like it, and it's fun, like I said :)

I also noticed some misspellings and grammar and stuff, and flagged the questions.  Seems like a pretty mammoth undertaking, so hope it helps.

I still like it, and it's fun, like I said :)

I also noticed some misspellings and grammar and stuff, and flagged the questions.  Seems like a pretty mammoth undertaking, so hope it helps.

yeah I've added all 1,900 questions so when I'm grunting through a million I made a lot of spellign errors and stuff. I'll watch for the flagged questions

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic