In college, one of the houses I lived in had a bat my roommate and I would call Bruce. He would fly in on hot nights and hang on the grating of our box fan while we pestered him about paying his portion of the rent.

That would actually have worried me a bit.  Bats can carry rabies, and if you're bitten in your sleep those bites are small enough you might not even notice.

The siblings are watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the other room.

Random HP Thought 94821:

Imagine if someone saw polyjuice potion brewed with a piece of their hair and it was as disgusting as Crabbe and Goyle's. Imagine the permanent blow to their self-esteem.

Just finished season one of Gravity Falls. What can I say? Let's try... WOW!

I just checked the cryptograms on wiki... and it turns out that even with me being trigger-happy with pausing, I still missed some things. I'm impressed, Gravity Falls. Well done. Also, kudos for projection matrices which are used in turning 3D objects to 2D which allows it to be projected on screen. Said matrices were written on Journal page with Bill Cipher. *Standing ovation*
Well, at least my pausing got me several sightings of Bill Cipher in earlier episodes. Freeze Frame Foreshadowing? Love it!

Also, that would be the first time I've seen blood in kids show (Well, Legend Of Korra got some brief cuts here and there). In "Gideon Rises" when robot punches Dipper, after landing he's shown to have a nosebleed.

Oh, I got another friend into Gravity Falls, I told him there's some hidden stuff but he seems uninterested...for now. The first friend would be finishing the show about...now. (He's loving it)

The siblings are watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the other room.

Random HP Thought 94821:

Imagine if someone saw polyjuice potion brewed with a piece of their hair and it was as disgusting as Crabbe and Goyle's. Imagine the permanent blow to their self-esteem.

Confession: I've always wanted to make Polyjuice Potion with one of my hairs, just to see what it looked/tasted like. 

That aside, think about the applications this could have for blind dates. Just carry a little Polyjuice with you when you go on your first date with the person you met online, swipe a hair from their jacket, and see what happens. Or, if you'd rather date without all the subterfuge, tell them ahead of time you'll do the Polyjuice test and will provide some to test your own hair, if they didn't bring any. Easy way to weed out the creepers. 

Wait. Are you talking about Percy Jackson or Hotel Transylvania?

Hotel Transylvania. The Percy Jackson movie is the one we don't talk about. 

Just finished season one of Gravity Falls. What can I say? Let's try... WOW!

I just checked the cryptograms on wiki... and it turns out that even with me being trigger-happy with pausing, I still missed some things. I'm impressed, Gravity Falls. Well done. Also, kudos for projection matrices which are used in turning 3D objects to 2D which allows it to be projected on screen. Said matrices were written on Journal page with Bill Cipher. *Standing ovation*

Well, at least my pausing got me several sightings of Bill Cipher in earlier episodes. Freeze Frame Foreshadowing? Love it!

Also, that would be the first time I've seen blood in kids show (Well, Legend Of Korra got some brief cuts here and there). In "Gideon Rises" when robot punches Dipper, after landing he's shown to have a nosebleed.

Oh, I got another friend into Gravity Falls, I told him there's some hidden stuff but he seems uninterested...for now. The first friend would be finishing the show about...now. (He's loving it)

Yes…..expand the fandom….:ph34r: 

Oh, and prepare for serious feels in season 2. 

Gravity Falls could very easily be the best contemporary American cartoon. I'm not really sure if it has a single bad episode.

I'm with you there. I….I can't think of a bad episode, either. There are some I like less than others, but that's based on personal preference, not quality. Even with the episodes I don't personally enjoy as much, I can see where it could end up being someone else's favorite. And while I'm on that train of thought, I don't think there's a single episode I don't enjoy, period. 

Confession: I've always wanted to make Polyjuice Potion with one of my hairs, just to see what it looked/tasted like. 

That aside, think about the applications this could have for blind dates. Just carry a little Polyjuice with you when you go on your first date with the person you met online, swipe a hair from their jacket, and see what happens. Or, if you'd rather date without all the subterfuge, tell them ahead of time you'll do the Polyjuice test and will provide some to test your own hair, if they didn't bring any. Easy way to weed out the creepers. 

Hotel Transylvania. The Percy Jackson movie is the one we don't talk about. 

Too lazy to go Wiki. Remind me how Polyjuice potion works again?

Oh, I was asking if you've read the book of Percy Jackson. 

Edited by The Only Joe

Also, are creators messing with us? In "Mindscaperers" I paused to take a look on the writing near Stan's Hopes entrance. Turns out there was Elvish rune for "G". Yeah, the one Gandalf uses as his sign. Dunno whether I should dig into that or it's just a joke.

Gravity Falls is definitely very good, but let's not forget Avatar. Well, obviously they don't belong in the same category since Avatar is a bit more serious, but it's also good.

Hm. The best cartoons I've seen (order irrelevant): Avatar: Legend Of Aang & Legend Of Korra, W.I.T.C.H., Young Justice, Gravity Falls.

Edited by Oversleep

Too lazy to go Wiki. Remind me how Polyjuice potion works again?

Oh, I was asking if you've read the book of Percy Jackson. 

You add one hair (or fingernail clipping if you're gross, or blood if that's how you roll) of the person you want to change into, then drink it. You'll retain that person's appearance for one hour, at which point you'll need to take another dose or change back into yourself. A side effect is that when the hair is added, the potion will change color, flavor, and consistency to reflect the person's character and general temperament. Hermione complained that Bellatrix Lestrange tasted terrible, which should come as no surprise to anyone ever. 

And I have. I liked the books, hated the movies. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

You add one hair (or fingernail clipping if you're gross, or blood if that's how you roll) of the person you want to change into, then drink it. You'll retain that person's appearance for one hour, at which point you'll need to take another dose or change back into yourself. A side effect is that when the hair is added, the potion will change color, flavor, and consistency to reflect the person's character and general temperament. Hermione complained that Bellatrix Lestrange tasted terrible, which should come as no surprise to anyone ever. 

Least it wasn't s bad as that complete flop Eragon.

Why? I only read the first book haven't seen the movie. But I couldn't stand the first book. I was cringing the whole time, and I disliked the portrayal of the gods and the complete hand waving required for all the Mythology required.

plus, if I remember correctly, at the end of the book, Percy and his mother flat out murder four guys with Medusa's head. that didn't match their characters at all.

Least it wasn't s bad as that complete flop Eragon.

Again, there never was a movie of Eragon. It's like Avatar. Avatar the Movie (The blue aliens one) is completely different than the Tv Show Avatar.

Why? I only read the first book haven't seen the movie. But I couldn't stand the first book. I was cringing the whole time, and I disliked the portrayal of the gods and the complete hand waving required for all the Mythology required.

plus, if I remember correctly, at the end of the book, Percy and his mother flat out murder four guys with Medusa's head. that didn't match their characters at all.

Again, there never was a movie of Eragon. It's like Avatar. Avatar the Movie (The blue aliens one) is completely different than the Tv Show Avatar.

I actually did enjoy many of the portrayals of the gods and the mythology. It wasn't integrated seamlessly, and there was a lot of handwaving required to justify it, but it was fun and clever and just what I needed to get through finals. It wasn't great literature, but I appreciated it as a fun diversion. 

It would've been much better for them to call the police, yes. What they did was wrong. But at least Riordan went to lengths to show why someone would turn these guys to stone. (I haven't read the book in a while, but as I recall, Gabe—Percy's stepdad—had been emotionally, verbally, and physically abusing Percy's mom; he was a deadbeat who lived off of her money so he could play poker with his buddies; and I think his buddies had been stealing from Percy's mom too.) Not that I'm saying I agree with her decision to straight-up kill them, but I do give Riordan credit for making sure they were objectively terrible, not just terrible in Percy's eyes.

Whoever asked earlier, I was talking about the Timone and Pumba-centric lion king.

I though polyjuice potion was always gross. But have we seen anyone turn into someone who wasn't awful?

And I really didn't like Hotel Transylvania. I was expecting the girl to be the main character but she kind of mopes around and doesn't say or do anything useful - and in the end, it's all the fathers who save the day. I guess I would have enjoyed it more if my expectations were different.

It's like your generation's Highlander 2.  For some reason that movie never got made.  They just skipped from 1 to 3, it's just so odd.

I though polyjuice potion was always gross. But have we seen anyone turn into someone who wasn't awful?

At the beginning of part 6 couple of characters changed into Harry. His polyjuice potion turned gold and tasted good IIRC.