"Aether"'s Planet

With all the names that begin with Va and "Aether of Night" showing up in the State of the Sanderson for the first time in years, could it be possible that Aether takes place on Vax? And he's trying to work it into the cosmere before he does anything with "Aether" officially? Is there any other possible evidence for this? How about against it?

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope it does become Vax in the cannon, as it could be where Ruin's (Decay's) mind begins to becomes more and more affected by the Shardic influence, and so the Vessels last truly lucid moments are on Vax, and then afterwards he is fully effected by the shard on Scadrial. If I am not mistaken, in the book Decay has nothing to do with any Investiture on the planet, as it all came from Order (and the twins).

• 4 months later...

That would fit really well with Decay being rewritten as Ruin and the Former having some traits that seem like they made their way into Preservation. They could have messed around on a minor shardworld before deciding to create their own and gave us Scadrial. How that might play in with the aethers I don't know but it would make a certain amount of sense and allow the story to be rewritten without necessarily having to bring a new shard into the picture.

• 3 years later...

i wonder what Aethers planet is Actually named.

i feel like Vaeria was just what Agaris and his followers called it. he had to be the center of Attention

just look at his persona,  "Vae".

he has his name everywhere

"Vae Annitor" (Built around his Shardpool)

"Vae, the ultimate ancestor" (persona of Agaris)

"Vaeria" (presumably named after himself)

and a lot of the Aedin names have "vae" in them

"vaetayn"

"vaemis"

"Vaek"

"avaekon"

i dont think itll be Vax.

Edited by Eternal Khol

Brandon had planned a new Aether work (actually a series but it never got beyond a few pages for one book) with the overarching title of Aethers of Lor, which would be set on a world of that name. Brandon has said that he still plans for Lor to be a world but he isn't canonizing it as 'the Aether planet' yet. The first book of this stillborn series was where Brandon cannibalized Syl from.

So Lor may or may not eventually be the name of the planet but it sounds like that's closer to what Brandon is currently thinking and Vax is something else. As for the in-universe name, I'm not sure that Agaris taking 'Vae' as his persona and using it so often means that it's what he called the world and Makkal and his followers called it something else. The impression I get is that both of these... super-Splinters(?) whatever they are, knew the world as Vaeria and Agaris simply appropriated the name once he realized he had exclusive access to it, to further his designs.