Rather than everyone putting up their 'scan results', L could post his results via proxy, couldn't he? I'm sure someone has said this. I'm just wondering why it's a bad idea.

Because that proxy will either die, or become the next deathnote holder real fast.  And then Ryuk knows who L is.

*shouts* RYUK! I'VE GOT APPLES! COME AND GET THEM! THERE'S ALSO COOKIES HERE GIVEN GENEROUSLY BY THE DARK ALLEY! COME ON! THESE ARE JUICY, TASTY EARTH APPLES! COME HERE!

I can imagine he's doing some twisted handstands at this very moment, wishing he could come out in the thread and eat those apples.

All caught up in thread. Okay, let's add some input then!

First off, I want to remind everyone of a very simple point, but one that is very easy to overlook when you're going through the thread: There are only two people that are not trying to catch Ryuk/Holder at any given point in time. Mindblowing, I know. What I mean by this though is that we're going to have a lot of innocent vs. innocent conflicts going on. Just keep this in mind when determining your suspicions. In a lot of games, we're looking for a cabal of players working together to manipulate an outcome. That won't work here. They don't have the people to do such. We're going to want to look more for inconsistencies. Who switched their reasoning with little provocation and stuff like that; especially if/when the Holder is switched. So just keep this in mind when trying to determine someone's alignment. Two people disagreeing are far more likely to be two civilians than it is to be Ryuk/Holder arguing with someone.

Now, on to other topics: 

With the issue of 2 people claiming to be L. I suggest whoever the fake one is reveals themselves. I for one will defend you from being killed. Because, even if you are the Death Note Holder, we don't need to kill you. Ryuk is our only target. Killing the Death Note Holder is a very low priority imo. It's actually not very helpful at all, because then Ryuk can change someone's alignment or learn who is a PO/L. So to me, whoever those 2 players are should be kept alive for the duration of the game. I very much doubt that Ryuk would claim L on the first Day. So if I'm right, we've just narrowed down who Ryuk could be by 2 people! :D

I 100% agree with this. If we can help it, we should be trying to, funnily enough, keep the Holder alive. Make Ryuk have to waste a turn to convert someone new, rather than us killing the Holder for them and then letting them switch. Granted, if they switch, they risk hitting a police officer or L and thus wasting a turn with no kill, but if we know who the Holder is, Ryuk is going to want to switch the Holder anyways.

Lopen is more than likely a villager in my eyes now. 

I'm not entirely sure why there's so much talk about keeping L a secret. Murderers are not going to want to kill him and the DeathNote kill is a shared kill, so they only get one per cycle. We could technically have L just reveal in thread and then the Police Officers protect him each night*. This was my first plan that I came up with to help find Ryuk and then everyone could claim to L, but I don't like how Follow-the-Cop it is and so I'd rather we didn't. 

*Note: DO NOT do that, L unless you're about to get lynched. The Officers should be as free to move around their protection as possible for as long as possible. I'm just saying that it's not a huge concern when it comes up. 

Hael, I get why you're suggesting the fake peeks and such, but since we do have PMs, we don't really need it and I think it would more than likely let Ryuk and the Holder find L faster right now. Since we do have PMs, once L scans someone, L can contact that person and let them know who all they've scanned in the past. The only way that we lose all of L's scans is if the Murderers wind up killing L's target the same turn L dies (which reminds me, I do not suggest that the murderers wind up killing based on the lynch. That's the part that makes me the most suspicious of Joe right now. We can only hope that he's telling the truth though, because if not, we're in trouble since people naively revealed to him. If he is the Holder or Ryuk, that will be apparent soon enough, IMO.). I don't think it's necessary for us to do fake peeks in this game. 

Just wanted to note, if one of the players voting on whoever's getting lynched(DC or Cloudjumper at the moment I think) is killed by Ryuk/fake Kira(Light is the only Kira, sorry), then their vote is removed.

I disagree.  While Light was the best Kira there were four others that took the name as well.

Light Yagami
Known As: First Kira; L-Kira

Misa Amane
Known As: Second Kira; Copycat Kira

Kyosuke Higuchi
Also Known As: Third Kira; Yotsuba Kira

Teru Mikami
Also Known As: Fourth Kira; X-Kira

C-Kira
Also Known As: Fifth Kira; Cheap Kira

Who knows how many we will have in this game.

Edited by Alvron

I disagree.  While Light was the best Kira there were four others that took the name as well.

Light Yagami
Known As: First Kira; L-Kira

Misa Amane
Known As: Second Kira; Copycat Kira

Kyosuke Higuchi
Also Known As: Third Kira; Yotsuba Kira

Teru Mikami
Also Known As: Fourth Kira; X-Kira

C-Kira
Also Known As: Fifth Kira; Cheap Kira

Who knows how many we will have in this game.

Well, the others had the power of Kira, so they took the name of Kira, but Light was Kira. Light was the true Kira, I guess would be a better wording.

I kind of want to vote for DC, just because he's not been helpful, but I also don't think that he's likely to be Ryuk. Doing what he did was almost guaranteed to being attention onto him; something I just don't see Ryuk wanting to do. That said, unhelpful villager is unhelpful. 

@Meta: It was an idea. With PM's, you're right, there's probably better options this game.

Re: L, I'm really not sure what to do. I'm just wary of Joe because I'm getting flashbacks to QF7 and MR13...

Day Two: Fatal Blood Infection

Office of the Edogawa Regional Police Bureau

Date and Hour of Investigation:
05/10/2016; 1645 by
Inspector Ryotaro Sakajo
4 Chome-8-1, Nakakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134-0083
3-3680-9800 (FAX 3-3680-9900)

Investigative Agency: Kanagawa Regional Police Bureau Homicide Division
Case #: 876703

Name: Frank B. Ingram
Date of Birth: July 9, 1996
Race: European - American
Body Identified by: Drivers Licence

Location of Subject:
Subject was seen walking out of the Seven-Eleven at 5 Chome-8-15.

Evidence Collected:
Twenty-Three (23) photographs
Seven (7) swabs from various body locations
Two (2) standard fingerprint cards
One (1) Wallet containing ¥5476

One (1) Driver’s License
One (1) FBI Credentials including Badge

One (1) .40 calibre Glock 22 pistol - loaded

Witnesses:
Tsugumi Ohba
Takeshi Obata

Opinion:
Time of Death: Preliminary tests approximate the time of death between 1130 and 1330
Cause of Death: Cardiac Arrest
Manner of Death: Homicide

Office of the Edogawa Regional Police Bureau

Date and Hour of Investigation:
05/10/2016; 1715 by
Inspector Shiori Akino
2 Chome-4-5, Nakakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134-0083
3-3680-3486 (FAX 3-6808-3321)

Investigative Agency: Kanagawa Regional Police Bureau Homicide Division
Case #: 876706

Name: Mihael Keehl aka Mello
Date of Birth: December 13th 1989
Race: European - Croatian
Body Identified by: Drivers Licence

Location of Subject:
7 Chome−11−7, Nakakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134-0083

Evidence Collected:
Thirty-Eight (38) photographs 
Twenty-One (21) swabs from various body locations
Seventeen (17) latent fingerprints
Three (3) bars of chocolate
Two (2) standard fingerprint cards 
One (1) Driver’s License 
One (1) Leather Wallet containing ¥347
One (1) Steel bar - bloodied
One (1) Wooden (Maple) Bat - Broken and bloodied

Witnesses:
M
Con
Rikku

Opinion:
Time of Death: 1700
Cause of Death: Blunt Force Trauma
Manner of Death: Homicide

TheMightyLopen - Frank B. Ingram has been written out of the game.  He was a Police Officer.
DeathClutch19 - Mello was lynched.  He was a
Civilian.

Vote Tally:
Cloudjumper (2): Elbereth, Amanuensis
DeathClutch19 (3): Conquestor, Arraenae, Meta

Player List

1: Metacognition - M
2: Elbereth - Elbe Oniel
3: The Only Joe - Joseph Busshu
4: Mailliw73 - Maokani
5: Master Elodin - Alexander Notlimah
6: TheMightyLopen - Frank B. Ingram Police Officer
7: Burnt Spaghetti - Sumiko
8: Haelbarde - Hal Heatherlocke
9: AliasSheep - Kai Lo
10: Cloudjumper - Huko
11: Conquestor - Con
12: Trelagist - T
13: Amanuensis - Yushi Kurimura
14: ThatTinyStrawMan - Straw
15: DeathClutch19 - Mello Civilian
16: Hellscythe - Ryuzaki
17: Weaving Webs - Near
18: Mark IV - Mitai
19: Arraenae - Rikku
20: LUNA - Tsuki
21: Bugsy6912 - Akiyama
22: RippleGylf - Gylf
Edited by Alvron

He didn't tell me whether or not he had told you his role either. I just wanted to make you sweat and see how you'd respond. I do think it's suspicious that A- you're still alive and B- were looking for a police officer at the end of the last turn and C- that Lopen told me that he really thought you were village. I don't see why Ryuk and the Holder would want you to be able to continue consolidating the roles against them, especially if you've been scanned now, to hit someone randomly. 

Sure, they could know that the longer you're alive, the more likely we'll lynch you ourselves, but by then the damage is already done.

So Meta's declaration of Lopen being a villager before he died concerns me. But apart from that I don't really have any reasons to suspect him so, /shrug. My opinion on Ryuk/the Holder is that more likely than not they are both avoiding the limelight, hoping that (as villagers usually do) we'll just end up killing each other and perpetuating suspicion based of misinterpretations of intent and/or conjecture alone. Of the five players who did vote this previous cycle, I would rate them in descending order from most suspicious to least as follows: Elbereth, Metacognition, Conquestor, Arraenae, Amanuensis.

AliasSheep, Haelbarde, The Only Joe and Bugsy6912 have all posted quite a bit without voting, and therefore have the most of my attention. Later today I will make an attempt to analyze things they have said / done so far to better determine where I place them. For now that is the order I rate them. Of those who have barely posted (and thus are remaining under the radar) I would say Hellscythe is the most suspicious (where's that promised full post, bro?) followed by Mailliw (I know why I didn't volunteer to be scanned, and it's for a good reason, by why you?), Elodin, Strawman, Luna, Ripple, Burnt and Mark. Will do some analysis on this group of individuals later as well.

Finally there's the three players who haven't posted at all yet. Weaving Webs is definitely innocent because he hasn't been online since May 3rd. Cloudjumper was last online at 0512, and at the time was tied for the lynch. Not sure why he didn't post but I would guess that if he were evil he would make more of an effort to ensure he didn't get lynched by voting for DeathClutch. Therefore I think he is most likely a villager as well, unless him and Meta are both evil since Meta was the deciding vote. Finally Trelagist was last online at 0700 which also happens to be changeover. Therefore it is very possible that he could have put the order in to kill Lopen. When you get on next, Trel, can you please tell us why you didn't speak up at all yesterday?

That's all for now. 

EDITED BECAUSE I FORGOT TO INCLUDE STRAWMAN
Edited by Amanuensis