Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

8 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

You go to sleep right now! We don't want you to press a wrong button and splinter the 17th Shard ;)

where's the fun if Eric isn't breaking everything ;)

1 minute ago, The Honor Spren said:

How browsing the new site feels:

question-46-serenade.gif?w=636 

And I need more advice on stuff. I want to do a summer play, but if I do it, I have to pay for $50 of it myself. But I'm also trying to save up $500 for a phone. What do I do??

Do the play. It's a more rewarding experience, and I'm assuming you still have an old phone, right?

I'm not biased at all, not at all

16 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

You go to sleep right now! We don't want you to press a wrong button and splinter the 17th Shard ;)

I blame @Rubix personally for playing music in the other room ;) (He's doing it to wake up so I don't mind.) Also the new mobile site is soooo goooood I can't stop. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME STOP.

@Chaos you're going to sleep and  Rubix is waking up? What time is it?

im browsing instead of sleeping too. Keeps me distracted from that buzzing mosquito.... :rolleyes::P 

@The Honor Spren do you want a new phone in a particular timeframe? Are you regularly earning money? Like by paying for the play, can you say that means putting off a new phone for a couple weeks or months, and are you ok with that wait? 

If you really want the play, it's ok to spend the money.  If it was an impulse buy I'd say save, I think this is a matter of weighing priorities. 

Edited by Delightful

1 minute ago, Delightful said:

@Chaos you're going to sleep and  Rubix is waking up? What time is it?

im browsing instead of sleeping too. Keeps me distracted from that buzzing mosquito.... :rolleyes::P 

He made a valiant effort to stay up late and help me with upgrade stuff, but he has to work this afternoon. I however have nothing of the sort so I pulled an all nighter. There was a lot of stuff to do.

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

:o thanks man. The site looks great, and I'm loving these notifications and cool stuff :)

Yeah, the notifications are fantastic. I did not quite appreciate that on our testbed. It's awesome.

26 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

How browsing the new site feels:

question-46-serenade.gif?w=636 

And I need more advice on stuff. I want to do a summer play, but if I do it, I have to pay for $50 of it myself. But I'm also trying to save up $500 for a phone. What do I do??

The perfect solution is to buy a book. Specifically, you should buy The Wind in the Willows.

55 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

Do the play. It's a more rewarding experience, and I'm assuming you still have an old phone, right?

I'm not biased at all, not at all

No, I don't have an old phone. But doing the play does sound amazing, even if it means I miss mutual for the next 6 weeks.

41 minutes ago, Delightful said:

@The Honor Spren do you want a new phone in a particular timeframe? Are you regularly earning money? Like by paying for the play, can you say that means putting off a new phone for a couple weeks or months, and are you ok with that wait? 

If you really want the play, it's ok to spend the money.  If it was an impulse buy I'd say save, I think this is a matter of weighing priorities.

Yeah, I get $15 dollars a week and am expected to pay for my own clothes and haircuts and stuff.

31 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

The perfect solution is to buy a book. Specifically, you should buy The Wind in the Willows.

My family already owns that one. :P. 

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll do the play. :)

Edited by The Honor Spren

1 minute ago, The Honor Spren said:

No, I don't have an old phone. But doing the play does sound amazing, even if it means I miss mutual for the next 6 weeks.

Yeah, I get $15 dollars a week and am expected to pay for my own clothes and haircuts and stuff.

My family already owns that one. :P. 

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll do the play. :)

Ah, well. A phone isn't really necessary anyway. I don't have one either. I feel like I would either have a dumbphone and not use it enough or a smartphone that I would use too much.

Go ye forth and act! What play is it? :)

6 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

Ah, well. A phone isn't really necessary anyway. I don't have one either. I feel like I would either have a dumbphone and not use it enough or a smartphone that I would use too much.

Go ye forth and act! What play is it? :)

I'm 98% sure the play is Grease. But I'll double check, just in case.

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

Yes! I personally keep rolling over the buttons on the navbar.

(But Kobold, you don't need to put empty line spaces in between paragraphs anymore :D )

That's actually been throwing me off.  I type so quickly that the double-return for an extra space happens by reflex; it's going to take weeks for me to train it out of my muscle memory.

6 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You could always lure it into biting you, kill it, and take Benadryl to keep the itching away....

Benadryl doesn't always work...

I finally had to resort to globs of aloe underneath band-aids to be able to sleep.  It's very difficult to stop the itching when the sheets keep lightly brushing at the zillions of mosquito bites on your legs...