Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

MY WAND IS THE SAME LENGTH AS VOLDEMORT'S

THIS MEANS SOMETHING

It's not the size that matters, but how you use it :P

Edited by Mestiv

5 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

It's not the size that matters, but how you use it :P

Rust and Ruin! You beat me to it! I'll have to use my back up,  Spaceballs reference instead!

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

THIS MEANS SOMETHING

I see your wand is as big as mine.  Now, let's see how well you handle it! Avada Kedabra!

12 hours ago, Delightful said:
  Hide contents

I told my (religious, modesty valuing) parents hoping for sympathy. Their reaction is "welcome to 21st century adulthood what do you expect people are gross sorry you're so innocent and scarred."

No no no no then I want OUT. That is not an adulthood a agree to be part of. 

"Agree to be a part of" doesn't mean you dictate what other people do.

From the guide to police procedure I'm reading: 

At this stage of the hiring process, it's not unusual for investigating detectives to discover that a candidate is wanted by the police in another jurisdiction….The foolhardy candidate with an outstanding arrest warrant is promptly taken into custody.

I can't believe this has happened more than once, let alone is a semi-regular occurrence. :mellow: 

3 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I can't believe this has happened more than once, let alone is a semi-regular occurrence. :mellow: 

Rule Number One:  Criminals are dumb.  The dumbness is generally what leads them to be criminals in the first place.

3 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I remember a guy complaining that he didn't get hired by the police because he was a confirmed hacker, so you know people be not-intelligent.

19 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I'm happy I gave you something interesting to research :) I'll let you know if I'll remember any more holocaust related stories or heroes.

There is this successful escape attempt pulled off by (basically) Bavarian Fire Drill. Check out this man: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimierz_Piechowski

Buffy: 

Between cavewoman!Buffy clocking him over the head and Riley punching him in the face, this show is turning into the Parker Abrams Pain Hour.

And I am okay with this. :ph34r: 

Edit: Was….was that scene between Spike and Willow referencing what I thought it was referencing? Because if so, that is so wrong it's right. :lol: 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

19 hours ago, Delightful said:

That is not an adulthood a agree to be part of. 

That's been my reaction to almost all aspects of adulthood. I want a refund.

6 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

The quote you quoted didn't show up, but what police procedure is this? I want to read it.

6 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Rule Number One:  Criminals are dumb.  The dumbness is generally what leads them to be criminals in the first place.

Eh, from what I've seen, criminals are actually intelligent, just extremely lazy. They figure out how to get the most money with the least effort, and do that.

I just tried Coffee for the very first time. No thank you, I'll stick to Hot Chocolate.

17 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

That's been my reaction to almost all aspects of adulthood. I want a refund.

The quote you quoted didn't show up, but what police procedure is this? I want to read it.

Eh, from what I've seen, criminals are actually intelligent, just extremely lazy. They figure out how to get the most money with the least effort, and do that.

I just tried Coffee for the very first time. No thank you, I'll stick to Hot Chocolate.

I think I'll demand my refund half in cash, half in those little chocolate coins wrapped in gold foil. :ph34r: 

Police Procedure and Investigation: A Guide for Writers. The author is a retired cop, so he knows his stuff. My only complaint is that it's accurate to modern police departments. When it comes to historical police procedure, nobody seems to care. I asked for help on a police forum, but I don't know if that'll go anywhere. 

25 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I think I'll demand my refund half in cash, half in those little chocolate coins wrapped in gold foil. :ph34r: 

Police Procedure and Investigation: A Guide for Writers. The author is a retired cop, so he knows his stuff. My only complaint is that it's accurate to modern police departments. When it comes to historical police procedure, nobody seems to care. I asked for help on a police forum, but I don't know if that'll go anywhere. 

Thank you, sounds like an interesting read.

So. This was my street today.

image.jpeg

Yay for the rainy season.

But I also was playing around with Siri today. When I asked her what I should be for Halloween (twice), her answers were, "I always thought a black hole would be attractive." And, "Papa Smurf."

Just now, The Honor Spren said:

Hide contents

image.jpeg

But I also was playing around with Siri today. When I asked her what I should be for Halloween (twice), her answers were, "I always thought a black hole would be attractive." And, "Papa Smurf."

That's what I was last Halloween!

20 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Which one?

. . .

You were the attractive black hole, weren't you?

Yes. Yes I was. 

EDIT: By the way, I learned something in a haze of confusion watching a documentary about complex numbers. Well, the monotone made it sound like a documentary at least. And the special effects. Although it really felt like I was right there, sitting at that desk! Anyways, here is what I gathered the premise to be: Polar bears stalk the icy coordinate planes of Cosinarctica, carving complex holes in the ice to catch fish. However, the polar ice caps are melting, and the bears are forming complex unit circles of society to stay alive. If you go there you will be eaten by Cthulu and pop quizzes. Or at least that's what I heard. Maybe it was Yog-Sothoth.. 

Edited by Master Elodin

4 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

When I first tried coffee I didn't like it, but I grew to enjoy it. I don't know whether it's because I learned the way I liked it (lots of sugar, just a tiny splash of milk), or just because I got used to it, or whether my brain just decides to ignore the fact that I don't like it when I'm finishing an assignment at 3am, but I don't mind it.

5 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Ooh. I like this. Except the foil is too fiddly, I think I'll take mine in chocolate bars. :P

I need to find a job in Adelaide, despite being hugely unqualified in just about everything with the exception of useless skills.

Want me to function as a legit human being? Don't be kayana sulé

Want me to undertake a simple task and ace it 100% every time? You've been out in the storm too long, gancho

Want to learn how to throw cards and Anna Kendrick's cup technique? Sure, take a seat

Having to adult is not fun >.>

8 minutes ago, ParadoxSpren said:

I need to find a job in Adelaide, despite being hugely unqualified in just about everything with the exception of useless skills.

Want me to function as a legit human being? Don't be kayana sulé

Want me to undertake a simple task and ace it 100% every time? You've been out in the storm too long, gancho

Want to learn how to throw cards and Anna Kendrick's cup technique? Sure, take a seat

Having to adult is not fun >.>

What would you like to get into?

Glass Art/Stained Glass is something that has always interested me. But this is hardly a career. Nor are any libraries currently hiring

I wouldn't mind review journalism but lack the subsequent qualifications or funds to attain them

I wouldn't mind learning a trade skill (perhaps plumbing or electrics) but lack the time, money and affinity to undertake such an endeavour.

I'm not much of a numbers person so accountancy and other related fields are definitely not a good option.

If only the 17th Shard organisation were employing 

3 minutes ago, ParadoxSpren said:

Glass Art/Stained Glass is something that has always interested me. But this is hardly a career. Nor are any libraries currently hiring

I wouldn't mind review journalism but lack the subsequent qualifications or funds to attain them

I wouldn't mind learning a trade skill (perhaps plumbing or electrics) but lack the time, money and affinity to undertake such an endeavour.

I'm not much of a numbers person so accountancy and other related fields are definitely not a good option.

If only the 17th Shard organisation were employing 

I'll see if I can think up any good ideas (not that finding employment is one of my skills... :/ ). Have you tried volunteering at places at all? 

18 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Remember those wands I mentioned, the ones my brother and I made for the night of the DH2 premiere? 

I just measured mine.

Thirteen and a half inches. 

THIS MEANS SOMETHING

Because I missed a perfectly good opportunity with this post….

7ef7785d432aad932485b023f263e7b1.jpg
Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

9 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Speaking of Siri, you can ask her 'what is the airspeed felicity of an unlearn swallow?' And you get "the last person who asked me that ended up in a crevasse."