Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

Just now, Silverblade5 said:

*Feels need to know more*

I'll post it in my collection of oddities once I feel I am finished... maybe... there is a scene in there I am not completely sure will be appropriate for the shard...

Anyway you will read it, somehow.

1 minute ago, Oversleep said:

I had some idea - you know, worldbuilding idea or idea for a power or something. I wrote it down to remember it...

And all I have now is a post-it with a picture I drew on it: a bird sitting on the power lines. I have no idea what is that supposed to mean :blink: That is surely sight from my window, but what did I try to remember?

Electric bird? The way birds can sit on powerlines without the electricity passing through them because electricity is so storming lazy?

56 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

IElectric bird? The way birds can sit on powerlines without the electricity passing through them because electricity is so storming lazy?

Electricity is a victim of bullying; it always takes the path of least resistance.

Ba-dum-TSS.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I had some idea - you know, worldbuilding idea or idea for a power or something. I wrote it down to remember it...

And all I have now is a post-it with a picture I drew on it: a bird sitting on the power lines captioned "AVOID THE LINES". I have no idea what is that supposed to mean :blink: That is surely sight from my window, but what did I try to remember?

Been there done that. :P It's like how on earth did I expect to remember anything based on this? 

Every now and then I find a scrap of paper or an index card or something with a scribble and it's....baffling.  

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Oh man I've missed so much on this thread.

Sorry I've been sick, guys, and have done very little site work.

I think it's safe to say that you being sick has caused you more suffering than the rest of us.  The site's fine.  except for those danged round avatars  :)

24 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

I think it's safe to say that you being sick has caused you more suffering than the rest of us.  The site's fine.  except for those danged round avatars  :)

Thank you.

As for the avatars, different strokes for different folks. The site has a lot of circles in the design so they fit, in my opinion, though are not without a bit of annoyance. I do generally think they are better this way.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Thank you.

As for the avatars, different strokes for different folks. The site has a lot of circles in the design so they fit, in my opinion, though are not without a bit of annoyance. I do generally think they are better this way.

It cut off my hair and a bit of my horn!

*throws self onto a chaise lounge, a la Rarity*  "I used to be sooo beautiful!"

21 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Can't you make your pony smaller so it fits nicely in the circle? 

2 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Can't you make your pony smaller so it fits nicely in the circle? 

It'll require some futzing around in Photoshop.  See, it's really easy to make perfect squares in there; making circles is a little trickier.  Doable, but it's kind of a pain.

9 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

While we're on the topic of cliched argument shut-downs....

The best response I've heard to "Eat your dinner. There are starving children in Africa" is "Here's twenty bucks. Mail it to them."

When my Momspren was a kid she had that conversation with her babysitter:

"Eat that apple! There are children in Africa who are starving and you're just going to throw rest of that thing away because your stomach is full?!"                                                                                                                                                                                                           "If they need it so badly, send it to them!"

40 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

You can futz around in Photoshop :P Some people's avatars disappeared y'know :P

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You can futz around in Photoshop :P Some people's avatars disappeared y'know :P

I know, I know.  Photoshop is not circle-friendly.  Resize an avatar to LJ-size 100x100 pixels?  Easy peasy!  Try and crop something into a circle?  UNLEASH THE ELDRITCH ABOMINATION!  SUMMON CTHULHU!  THE MORTAL DARES TREAD IN THE UNHOLY SACRED REALM!

Also, I feel like since our corners got cut off, our avatars should be made slightly bigger to make up for the lost real estate.  <_< 

28 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

When my Momspren was a kid she had that conversation with her babysitter:

"Eat that apple! There are children in Africa who are starving and you're just going to throw rest of that thing away because your stomach is full?!"                                                                                                                                                                                                           "If they need it so badly, send it to them!"

It's also pretty sad that people's only consideration for the poor starving children is to use them as an argument not like, actually send them donations or fund a charity or anything. 

15 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

This new trend of everything having round avatars confuses me. No images are round, none of them, why would avatars be?

*Glares at skype and judges hard*

Google does it too. Can't comment on Apple. I think it's fine. I think they look better.