Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

13 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I just listened to "Famous Last Words" (the song) for the first time and it pleases me. :) I was already familiar with "Check Yes Juliet" because it's on Lego Rock Band. XD

Wait, there's a Lego Rock Band?

@Kaymyth Yup. It's aimed at a younger audience than the other RB games with more kid-friendly songs and the inability to completely fail out of a song if you miss too many notes.

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles Vocals is the only RB "instrument" you can really pick up and be good at right away if you've never played before. Believe me, everybody starts out bad at the others, even ppl who can play real guitar or a real drumset. Every time I've watched real drummers try the game drums the first time, they pound the crem out of the controller and it slows them down. Plus the game display doesn't use sheet music so new players have to get used to reading music in a different format. It kinda levels the playing field. After several years of practice, I've gotten really good at the drums and pretty competent at the guitar, even though I had no experience on either of the real instruments when I started playing the game.

@Morzathoth Yeah it's definitely a different experience, but I find it very fun all the same.

I also owe a lot of my current taste in music to those games... Rock Band made me aware that I liked songs by classic rock bands that were never really on my mental radar before.

3 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Morzathoth Yeah it's definitely a different experience, but I find it very fun all the same.

I also owe a lot of my current taste in music to those games... Rock Band made me aware that I liked songs by classic rock bands that were never really on my mental radar before.

Rock Band introduced me to songs that were banned by Twimom and Twidad. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Morzathoth said:

Sharders. Are any of you in the mood for an offensive card game?

Does this have anything to do with Cards Against Humanity? (That's the only card game I can think of that qualifies as "offensive.")

6 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Yes

5 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Does this have anything to do with Cards Against Humanity? (That's the only card game I can think of that qualifies as "offensive.")

3 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Would I require anything except said mood?

2 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Probably. In which ways is it offensive? 

There is an online app for Cards Against Humanity, so I'll make a game, you all join, I'll make a discord group, you all join so we can shout horrible things at each other while we play.

Because Cards Against Humanity is way more fun when you can shout at each other.

4 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

There is an online app for Cards Against Humanity, so I'll make a game, you all join, I'll make a discord group, you all join so we can shout horrible things at each other while we play.

Because Cards Against Humanity is way more fun when you can shout at each other.

No point at being insulting without shouting, I guess.:P
Just a fair warning, I'm a complete beginner on this front, by which I mean that I have literally no clue what a discord group is.:ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

No point at being insulting without shouting, I guess.:P
Just a fair warning, I'm a complete beginner on this front, by which I mean that I have literally no clue what a discord group is.:ph34r:

Its like skype, except people probably use their real names for their skype accounts so instead we use discord.

Edited by Morzathoth

Just now, Edgedancer said:

It's also free I imagine?

Yes.

It also glitches a lot less than skype, which it really shouldnt because one a chat program for gamers still in alpha made by like two guys and the other is owned by Microsoft.