Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

4 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I'm not sure that maze would be... functional. My straight lines end up being three dimensional closed curves. And one of those dimensions is time.

You see that is perfect, now extend it into the tenth dimension and we'll have a maze no one can solve without a map... or with a map... perfect if you need to trap an immortal god!

10 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

You see that is perfect, now extend it into the tenth dimension and we'll have a maze no one can solve without a map... or with a map... perfect if you need to trap an immortal god!

Let's make it so it's easier to solve without a map and even easier to solve with a wrong map!

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

...I'd say Quill is too similar to Quiver, but I think ijust have a huge ego.

Honestly? I live in a rural area, and never actually see anyone who isn't family...and I'm sure none of them would be impressed by it. :ph34r:

(Honestly, half the stuff I talk about online would probably surprise them in real life.)

But part of the cosplay is about feeling awesome and being an awesome character. So what if your family doesn't get it, you can still stomp around dramatically and be awesome!

and I'm with Kaymyth you can totally do a male version of female characters, I've definitely seen the opposite happen a lot (online.....because I haven't been luck yenough to go to a con)

basically do eeeeeeet

1 hour ago, Oversleep said:

I plead insanity. In my defence, I spent the three hours before that tidying up rubble while drawing weird-geometry, 6 dimensional impossible three pointed hendecagrams in my mind.

Have you tried drawing Pattern? :D 

On the topic of cosplay: DO IT, @Quiver! It's a great conversation starter whether you're doing it for Halloween or a con or whether you're a weirdo like me who will take literally any excuse to be someone else for the day. And if you're worried about cosplaying a character of the opposite sex, don't be. I'm a woman and I've never actually cosplayed a female character at a con unless you count my "Generic Mistborn" costume. This year I saw 2 guys dressed as Anna and Elsa from Frozen, and I've previously seen a man who went as Slave Leia. The cosplay community is extraordinarily nonjudgemental and supportive, at least from what I've seen and experienced at Salt Lake Comic Con. Don't be ashamed of your physique either. Two of my first ever cosplays were Sherlock and the Tenth Doctor. They're both tall, slender men, and I'm short and a bit chunky (not to mention female), but nobody cares at cons.

4 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I hope I get it tomorrow :unsure: How am I supposed to know when is the delivery coming? So that I can be home at the time? (My first time dealing with amazon)

c.png

You don't know, a lot depends on the actual delivery service. So if they give you a tracking number, you'll want to check that, which will give you a better idea of where the package is at.

1 hour ago, The Honor Spren said:

Someone who doesn't watch the Voltron reboot on Netflix, explain this photo: 

Hide contents

image.jpeg

Guy everybody else is grabbing: I TOLD you to wear your seatbelts during aerial combat!!

Everybody else: WE'RE GONNA DIEEEEE.

11 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

You don't know, a lot depends on the actual delivery service. So if they give you a tracking number, you'll want to check that, which will give you a better idea of where the package is at.

I went to check the carrier... it's "IPAB". When I tried to google it, the only results are amazon help forums where a lot of people complain about their orders never arriving.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

15 hours ago, Delightful said:

Have you tried drawing Pattern? :D 

Pattern's just a fractal, easier to find a fractal-drawing script :P

Edited by Oversleep

36 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

"Coming up next hour: Do your friends actually like you? New research suggests most of them probably don't." 

Gee, thanks, NPR. Like I needed that bit of paranoia fuel in my life. <_< 

Which reminds me of a Futurama bit:

Bender: Look, I don't like you and you don't like me...

Leela: I like you

Bender: Really? What do you like about me?

43 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

"Coming up next hour: Do your friends actually like you? New research suggests most of them probably don't." 

Gee, thanks, NPR. Like I needed that bit of paranoia fuel in my life. <_< 

I want to listen to that one. O.O Is there a place online where you can find stories that have already aired?

6 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

Which reminds me of a Futurama bit:

Bender: Look, I don't like you and you don't like me...

Leela: I like you

Bender: Really? What do you like about me?

I need to add that show to my list. :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, The Honor Spren said:

I want to listen to that one. O.O Is there a place online where you can find stories that have already aired?

npr.org has old episodes archived, though I don't think they have this one up yet. It was on On Point, so look there. 

16 hours ago, Sunbird said:

On the topic of cosplay: DO IT, @Quiver! It's a great conversation starter whether you're doing it for Halloween or a con or whether you're a weirdo like me who will take literally any excuse to be someone else for the day. And if you're worried about cosplaying a character of the opposite sex, don't be. I'm a woman and I've never actually cosplayed a female character at a con unless you count my "Generic Mistborn" costume. This year I saw 2 guys dressed as Anna and Elsa from Frozen, and I've previously seen a man who went as Slave Leia. The cosplay community is extraordinarily nonjudgemental and supportive, at least from what I've seen and experienced at Salt Lake Comic Con. Don't be ashamed of your physique either. Two of my first ever cosplays were Sherlock and the Tenth Doctor. They're both tall, slender men, and I'm short and a bit chunky (not to mention female), but nobody cares at cons.

Well, there are a small subset of jerks out there who will traipse around and act all judgey and bodyshame people.  But they're jerks and should be reported to con staff for harassment.

14 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I hope I get it tomorrow :unsure: How am I supposed to know when is the delivery coming? So that I can be home at the time? (My first time dealing with amazon)

c.png

Urgh. Amazon is the worst

If it helps, in the future, I recommend using this for shipping. They've always been really reliable for me, and they have a pretty good reputation.
Sorry, not sorry. 

11 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

School has begun. Help.

On the brighter side, my forensics teacher has a model skeleton in the classroom, which is cool. He also has three snakes and two axolotls! The most adorable of all amphibians!

I never heard of Thay before, so I Google.

Is...is that a real life Mudkip? Are we living in Pokemon Go?

(If so, I call foul and demand a respawn! Johto please!)

22 hours ago, Sunbird said:

On This year I saw 2 guys dressed as Anna and Elsa from Frozen, 

My friend (Who is a man) dressed up in a full-out Anna costume for his 4 year old cousin's birthday party. It was beyond awesome. He was even wearing a orange wig. Now that's dedication. I personally think whoever dresses up in a Frozen costume is awesome, no matter what gender they are. :D:D:D

7 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

My friend (Who is a man) dressed up in a full-out Anna costume for his 4 year old cousin's birthday party. It was beyond awesome. He was even wearing a orange wig. Now that's dedication. I personally think whoever dresses up in a Frozen costume is awesome, no matter what gender they are. :D:D:D

image.jpeg