Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

7 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

It's because, at its core, nothing makes sense. We don't think too much about things because it destroys the lie we're all pretending to believe.

Exactly... do you feel like you could conquer the world with this realization, but are not quite sure how? Thats how I feel.

Spoiler

Somewhat relevant.

18 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

It's because, at its core, nothing makes sense. We don't think too much about things because it destroys the lie we're all pretending to believe.

But what about math! Will nobody think about the math?:P

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'd wager that he does. :wub:

He may not realize what being cute is but he will realize the weapon he holds.:ph34r:

57 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

But what about math! Will nobody think about the math?:P

I've read an article or two explaining how math makes no sense and that we make it up as we go along. I didn't agree with it completely, but it had some merit.

EDIT: I've read some TVTropes. Someone wondered whether CogShad!Kelsier could form a Nahel Bond on Roshar. There was wondering about what Surges it would grant et cetera...

But one of the Oaths would be "I'll fight when I'm beaten. I'll survive".

Edited by Oversleep

Hey guys. I have a request for you. Most of you who post in this thread are extremely active, and would notice if the site's design changed.

Could you post in this thread if about a week ago you noticed anything weird that the site did: 

This apparently occurred on Monday. If you were especially active on Monday and noticed weirdness with the site design, please post there. If you were especially active Monday and did not notice anything at all, also post there.

I would also make a personal plea that no one starts a witch hunt or any downvote train. I'm curious if anyone saw design changes like this person says because I (and the staff) did not do such things.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I've read an article or two explaining how math makes no sense and that we make it up as we go along. I didn't agree with it completely, but it had some merit.

EDIT: I've read some TVTropes. Someone wondered whether CogShad!Kelsier could form a Nahel Bond on Roshar. There was wondering about what Surges it would grant et cetera...

But one of the Oaths would be "I'll fight when I'm beaten. I'll survive".

Kell is the complete opposite of a Radiant. Death to my enemies, cheating before strength and results no matter what.

30 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

Kell is the complete opposite of a Radiant. Death to my enemies, cheating before strength and results no matter what.

Perhaps he bonded a Listener and... posessed him... and went back to Scadrial... done some Hemalurgy... saved Southeners? Naaah. Farfetched.

If you think about it: Listeners do have abilities to manifest cognitive beings as changes to their psycho- and physiology.

Edited by Oversleep

8 hours ago, Morzathoth said:

Have you ever realized how weird/meta the written language is? We have arbitrary squiggles that are symbols for arbitrary grunts that are symbols for concepts.

Reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest the other day: 

Spoiler

image.jpeg

And while I'm posting stuff from Pinterest, here's something that I relate to in every way: 

Spoiler

image.jpeg

34 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Guys, have you seen this!? It looks so awesome . . . O.O

Hide contents

Edit: Oops, I thought there was another post in between these. Sorry . . .

Def watching that haha. Would be a breath of fresh air after the DCEU Batman

I love basically Lego anything, especially the Lego Movie, so I am beyond excited for Batman to get his own Lego film! I can tell Robin is going to be a riot.

Also Twi this is for you :)

FB_IMG_1471676252420.jpg

Edited by Sunbird

13 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Hmmmm.....lies......

6 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest the other day: 

Hide contents

image.jpeg

And while I'm posting stuff from Pinterest, here's something that I relate to in every way: 

Hide contents

image.jpeg

A) awesome

B) I see no contradiction between the two :P 

2 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

In forensics today I got the second-best homework assignment I've ever had. It's to watch an episode of Psych.

This is only topped by that time when my history homework was to practice my battle cry.

What was your battle cry?

Spoiler

I has a grumpy.

I added Cedric as a Death Eater under the heading for Nightmare Retardant on the CC YMMV page, with a link to a clip of Fluttershy asking Rainbow Dash "Is it okay if I hold you down against your will for a little bit?" It was supposed to be a humorous thing--"It's hard to picture him doing anything but this when confronting an enemy." So of course someone with no sense of storming humor came in, took it out, and left "shoehorning" as their reason.

Its a storming JOKE you moron. Get a grip. <_<

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:
  Hide contents

I has a grumpy.

I added Cedric as a Death Eater under the heading for Nightmare Retardant on the CC YMMV page, with a link to a clip of Fluttershy asking Rainbow Dash "Is it okay if I hold you down against your will for a little bit?" It was supposed to be a humorous thing--"It's hard to picture him doing anything but this when confronting an enemy." So of course someone with no sense of storming humor came in, took it out, and left "shoehorning" as their reason.

Its a storming JOKE you moron. Get a grip. <_<

Well sadly humor is a thing rather dependand on taste, doubly so if it includes certain rferences. If it helps, I would have chuckled at that. Also they didn't demand you do the extra step of taking it out, so... little mercies? Yeah, it's not much.-_-

16 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Well sadly humor is a thing rather dependand on taste, doubly so if it includes certain rferences. If it helps, I would have chuckled at that. Also they didn't demand you do the extra step of taking it out, so... little mercies? Yeah, it's not much.-_-

They could've demanded I take it out, yeah. Like the Most Reverent Priest of the Holy Indentation. <_<

10 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

TV Tropes is apparently serious business, fun site to get lost in, but I wouldnt sign up XD

Most of the time, it's pretty smooth sailing. There aren't any edit wars (though that's probably just site policy kicking in--"No edit wars" is one of their rules) and people are usually pretty polite. It's just the people who are overly rude when explaining their reasons for editing ("This character fails pretty much every criteria for being a Complete Monster" was one I actually got in response to one of my edits) and the people who take their job way too storming seriously. But it is okay. I will edit the YMMV page again. If I cant have my video link, I will find some other way to add a bit of color. :ph34r:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

3 hours ago, Morzathoth said:

TV Tropes is apparently serious business, fun site to get lost in, but I wouldnt sign up XD

Fixed it for you :P

Check out the caption under the image in the "get lost in" link :ph34r:

EDIT: MASSIVE TVTROPES WARNING - THERE ARE FOUR, I REPEAT - FOUR LINKS TO TVTROPES IN THAT QUOTE. PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND ON YOUR OWN RISK

Edited by Oversleep

2 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Fixed it for you :P

Check out the caption under the image in the "get lost in" link :ph34r:

Niiiice. 

In the Stormlight Archive, part of the badass Creed of the Knights radiant is 'journey before Destination' 

So which one of you guys wrote this? 

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

But it is okay. I will edit the YMMV page again. If I cant have my video link, I will find some other way to add a bit of color. :ph34r:

Twi, should we start getting concerned? After all, TVTropes will ruin your life:

Now we warn you about the amount of time you will spend browsing the website in your first few weeks of visiting. Some editors spend 7 hour+ periods just reading through the thousands of pages, going through an extended Wiki Walk. This effect is best shown by thisexternal_link.gif xkcd comic. These steps will help:

• Stay away from tabbed browsing.
  • Do not stay up all frakking night editing pages.
  • And whatever you do, do not join the TV Tropes Forum thinking you can be an "occasional poster". If TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life, the addictive forum will prove you never had one to begin with.

Browsing is danegorus enough. You engaged in editing activity. Do you remember to sleep and eat? :P

14 minutes ago, Doctor12 said:

So which one of you guys wrote this? 

Not necessarily a Sharder. If you took a look at the discussions about cosmere books, you'll find those people much less cosmere aware than an average Sharder. *sips tea with pinky raised*

Edited by Oversleep

@Mistrunner It was a group assignment, and my group was rather large, so we picked a scene from Othello with lots of characters: the one near the beginning where Iago and Roderigo are raising the alarm outside Desdemona's father's house in the middle of the night to tell him his daughter's run away and eloped.

More schools need to do cool stuff like Civil War reenactments and archery and cooking and wood shop. I feel like too many kids nowadays are being indoctrinated to think that learning is always boring and stressful and that fun is only to be had when in possession of some sort of screen and an Internet connection.

@Mistrunner You bet! That was easily my favorite class that semester. We watched a lot of clips from various film adaptations of the plays we were studying, and I'm a lot better at reading and understanding Shakespeare now.