Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

48 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Delightful @Doctor12 Do you guys still want to make a thread for Reckoners RPG reaction memes? And which subforum should we put it in?

That does seem a bit of a strange thread given the forum list... since it seems relevant to the Reckoners RP maybe just put it there?

Storms. It's so hard keeping track of what happens here. :/ @Delightful, I wish I had time.

Although I guess if I limited my time on the shard.....

Nope, never gonna happen.

On the other hand, I think ol' Grandpa Smedry's talent is rubbing off on me. My Shardsversary was 2 days ago and I have only just realised I'll probably be late to my own funeral at this rate

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

On the other hand, I think ol' Grandpa Smedry's talent is rubbing off on me. My Shardsversary was 2 days ago and I have only just realised I'll probably be late to my own funeral at this rate

The same thing happened to me. :lol: But I was more like 4 days late.

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

but....your shardsversary was when you joined.....

I guess I don't feel like I properly joined until I started contributing and actually, Yknow, talking to people. 

......apparently this didn't post earlier. 

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles so Malfoy actually likes potions not just because or Snape? Huh. That's cool. 

10 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I guess I don't feel like I properly joined until I started contributing and actually, Yknow, talking to people. 

......apparently this didn't post earlier. 

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles so Malfoy actually likes potions not just because or Snape? Huh. That's cool. 

I always miss my own Shardsiversary. :/ 

It seemed to fit his character. I mean, it's never stated outright in the books, but he does well enough in the class to get into NEWT level Potions in the sixth book (without Fate smiling upon him in the form of an unexpected teacher change and a literal book of cheat sheets falling into his lap, Harry) so I think he must have enjoyed it at least a bit. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I have this problem that my new flatmate is moving in soon. And apparently he's bringing some ps3 games with him, apparently assuming that I'll let him share my ps3 console. Can someone pls tell me how do I tell him that I would rather die than let anyone touch my console (or any other thing that belongs to me) without offending the guy? I've met him only twice so far, so I don't really know him. 

1 hour ago, Pestis the Spider said:

I have this problem that my new flatmate is moving in soon. And apparently he's bringing some ps3 games with him, apparently assuming that I'll let him share my ps3 console. Can someone pls tell me how do I tell him that I would rather die than let anyone touch my console (or any other thing that belongs to me) without offending the guy? I've met him only twice so far, so I don't really know him. 

If you're sharing a flat, he'll know you're weird. And normal doesn't exist so that doesn't matter. 

If he asks, you say no I never let anyone else use it. 

If he doesn't ask you say hey, that's not public property that's mine and mine only. 

Take a deep breath and lay out some boundaries. He'll for sure have weirdnesses of his own.