Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I would be delighted to storm it!

*starts blowing really hard*

well, cousin adopted as step-brother. The family does get confusing. 

Yes. Yes it does. It's hard to keep track of all the whippersnappers-especially the clones.

Edited by DelightfuI

Wait which one is the real Delightful? Worldhopper or Sentinet Awakened Object?

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Worldhopper is the real one. B) you're welcome everyone 

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

3 hours ago, Delightful said:

You were right about that. :ph34r: 

What annoys me the most about Boomers and Gen-Xers discussing Millennials' flaws is that they'll blame Millennials for everything, even when it doesn't make sense. One day, they'll complain about how Millennials are lazy and entitled and rarely pull their fair share in the workplace; the next, they'll complain about how they're "work martyrs" and are creating an environment where people are afraid to use their paid vacation days. Those are two diametrically opposed complaints, but Boomers and Gen-Xers will use them both without batting an eye. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You were right about that. :ph34r: 

What annoys me the most about Boomers and Gen-Xers discussing Millennials' flaws is that everything is a flaw. One day, they'll complain about how Millennials are lazy and entitled and rarely pull their fair share in the workplace; the next, they'll complain about how they're "work martyrs" and are creating an environment where people are afraid to use their paid vacation days. Those are two diametrically opposed complaints, but Boomers and Gen-Xers will use them both without batting an eye. 

Solution: stop caring what people think and pray this won't have a tangible effect on your life? :l 

who'm I kidding. Grumpy opinion piece writers have jobs and influence and stuff and can afford to dump all their insecurities on us instead of dealing with their own problems. 

I felt so validated today. A major pet peeve of mine is when older people are all "we played by ourselves till it got dark and we made up our own games and played with dangerous things and no one ever got hurt but all you whilpersnappers can do is sit inside and play video games". 

Maybe that's because we're never allowed outside unsupervised and why are you blaming children for what's out of their control?!

so I found this article about these people who conducted research and basically concluded that it's deemed morally wrong to leave children by themselves therefore everyone thinks it's super dangerous and in some cases criminalised, therefore parents are judged for leaving their kids alone probably by the same people who complain about how kids today are addicted to technology

my pet peeve now has science and articulate writing to back it up! So there old grumpy complaining people!

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

Solution: stop caring what people think and pray this won't have a tangible effect on your life? :l 

who'm I kidding. Grumpy opinion piece writers have jobs and influence and stuff and can afford to dump all their insecurities on us instead of dealing with their own problems. 

I felt so validated today. A major pet peeve of mine is when older people are all "we played by ourselves till it got dark and we made up our own games and played with dangerous things and no one ever got hurt but all you whilpersnappers can do is sit inside and play video games". 

Maybe that's because we're never allowed outside unsupervised and why are you blaming children for what's out of their control?!

so I found this article about these people who conducted research and basically concluded that it's deemed morally wrong to leave children by themselves therefore everyone thinks it's super dangerous and in some cases criminalised, therefore parents are judged for leaving their kids alone probably by the same people who complain about how kids today are addicted to technology

my pet peeve now has science and articulate writing to back it up! So there old grumpy complaining people!

It is an interesting article, but it is not "science" until there is consensus ;)

Which leads to a point: you don't need science to have a convincing argument. 

Edited by Orlion Determined
Adding quotes because the article is part of the scientific process

7 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

It is an interesting article, but it is not "science" until there is consensus ;)

Which leads to a point: you don't need science to have a convincing argument. 

No, but an irritating number of people won't accept an argument, no matter how convincing, unless it cites at least one official-sounding study from a publication they trust. 

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

No, but an irritating number of people won't accept an argument, no matter how convincing, unless it cites at least one official-sounding study from a publication they trust. 

So, quick, Delightful! Kidnap some publishers! 

:P

Edited by DelightfuI