Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

4 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

It's 3:40 am and I'm still up, binge watching anime. I start school tomorrow. Why am I doing this to myself?? 

hey, want a good series to watch, you should watch Revolutionary Girl Utena

I finished it last week, and my mind if still blown. So much good. 

On 7/30/2016 at 5:17 AM, Delightful said:

Didn't Trump just ask a foreign government to hack into US gov files? I'm pretty sure that also qualifies as treason.

and re truth telling, aren't more than half his statements lies? I forgot the source for that though.

and an argument I saw that makes sense to me: Hillary may be a traitor, liar, awful person whatever, but at least she's sane. Trump isn't exactly sound of mind or fit to rule.

Your point is a fair one, however there is a big difference between when a presidential candidate with no actual access to classified information makes a stupid sarcastic statement and the Secretary of State actually divulging classified information via her personal email to people not authorized to see it. As for the lying, yeah he lies an impressive amount of the time, it is like a reality show except he could well be president X_X.

As for your last argument, this is my number one problem with American politics, people are way too willing to settle for "but a least...", the truth of the matter is they are both terrible candidates and for different reasons should both be seen as unfit to be president. Alas, one is going to win and the world will be worse off because of it.

Edited by Iron Eyes
Grammar is important.

4 minutes ago, Iron Eyes said:

Your point is a fair one, however there is a big difference between when a presidential candidate with no actual access to classified information makes a stupid sarcastic statement and the Secretary of State actually divulging classified information via her personal email to people not authorized to see it. As for the lying, yeah he lies an impressive amount of the time, it is like a reality show except he could well be president X_X.

Considering how much hullaballoo Trump threw up about Obama's birth certificate, I am 110% convinced that if Hilary wins? Her entire presidency will involve him yelling about how the whole thing was rigged, and how she should be diqualified and...

As soon as you give Donald Trump an inch of legitimacy, he's never going to let it go. 

Just now, Quiver said:

Considering how much hullaballoo Trump threw up about Obama's birth certificate, I am 110% convinced that if Hilary wins? Her entire presidency will involve him yelling about how the whole thing was rigged, and how she should be diqualified and...

As soon as you give Donald Trump an inch of legitimacy, he's never going to let it go. 

That's why I'm rooting for the asteroid.

v461l.jpg

Just now, Iron Eyes said:

v461l.jpg

... wow.

I can't believe we, as a species, have actually reached a point where Second Impact would be desirable, but here we are.

At least Gendo Ikari has a pretty consistent platform which can be critiqued.

(I mean, it's an awful ideas platform, but at least he's a fairly equal opportunity abuser. I don't think it matters if youre an illegal immigrant or not; so long as you he can strap you into a giant robot, you're getting in the giant robot.)

Just now, Delightful said:

If you're gonna go for the meteor, please be kind to the rest of us earthlings and leave our countries unaffected. :ph34r: 

i cant ant believe I just thought that. Eep. 

Maybe we need to look at this election in a different way.

If Donald Trump is elected, maybe it'll be The Push everyone else needs to get our stuff together, and finally get space programs to the point where terraforming other worlds is possible.

Let Trump blow his countries budget on a wall whose size is matched only by his ego. The rest of us can start migrating to space!

Just now, Quiver said:

Maybe we need to look at this election in a different way.

If Donald Trump is elected, maybe it'll be The Push everyone else needs to get our stuff together, and finally get space programs to the point where terraforming other worlds is possible.

Let Trump blow his countries budget on a wall whose size is matched only by his ego. The rest of us can start migrating to space!

OR we could give Trump his own little island to be president of. We can even call it the United States. The rest of us Americans can form our own country—Canada 2.0 or something. :ph34r: 

10 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

OR we could give Trump his own little island to be president of. We can even call it the United States. The rest of us Americans can form our own country—Canada 2.0 or something. :ph34r: 

Trump can have space. Surely infinity is big enough for his ego?

15 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Yes, but what if we want it one day? It'd really put a damper on things if the First Great Human Empire had to battle Trumpbots for control of their own moon. 

I'm assuming he'll live a normal human lifespan. By the time we're ready for grand colonies and galactic fleets, his ownership will have....expired. 

34 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Yes, but what if we want it one day? It'd really put a damper on things if the First Great Human Empire had to battle Trumpbots for control of their own moon. 

If they are anything like other Trump properties, we have nothing to fear from Trumpbots ;)

2 hours ago, Delightful said:

If you're gonna go for the meteor, please be kind to the rest of us earthlings and leave our countries unaffected. :ph34r: 

i cant ant believe I just thought that. Eep. 

Come on, we both know there isn't a meteor in our galaxy that could take out Australia. Ya'll are way too tough for that. The meteor would take one look at the outback and walk to the other side of the street...

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Give him New Jersey?

On a lighter note, the salary life struggle is real.
content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2Z

11 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

Can we do it anyway? I enjoy starting new threads every 100 pages. Plus it makes looking for certain conversations easier.

No.  Admin will shut down and merge any new threads.  They have been quite clear about us not starting new Random threads while the old one is still open.  I don't see that changing anytime soon. :)

4 hours ago, Iron Eyes said:

v461l.jpg

Hey, now!  I have a really good friend who lives in DC.  I would prefer it if you not drop asteroids on his head, thx.

8 hours ago, Delightful said:

I'm pretty sure we've all been there. :)

what are you watching?

Fairy Tail . . .  

4 hours ago, Quiver said:

hey, want a good series to watch, you should watch Revolutionary Girl Utena

I finished it last week, and my mind if still blown. So much good. 

I'll make sure to check that out. :) 

On politics . . . I got nothing. It's just depressing to think about.

A (Polish) publisher company has books 46% off.

So I thought I could buy something, cause it's almost half-price, right? I heard that Dresden Files are good, so I added the first six (they don't have #7 but they do have #8 and #9. Weird) and then I added also The Aeronaut's Windlass... And now I wonder whether I should spend so much money :unsure:

The sale lasts till Friday, so I have time to think about that. I don't even know if these books are as good as I heard. Choices, choices... -_-

1 minute ago, Oversleep said:

So I thought I could buy something, cause it's almost half-price, right? I heard that Dresden Files are good, so I added the first six (they don't have #7 but they do have #8 and #9. Weird) and then I added also The Aeronaut's Windlass... And now I wonder whether I should spend so much money :unsure:

The sale lasts till Friday, so I have time to think about that. I don't even know if these books are as good as I heard. Choices, choices... -_-

Doooooo iiiiiiiit

I have not read The Aeronauts Windlass, so I cant tell you if you should buy that one, but definitely buy the first six Dresden Files.

peer pressure peer pressure peer pressure

On 7/31/2016 at 5:27 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Everything—the plot, the character assassination, the horrible worldbuilding—it's all just so bad that I can't even take it seriously as a threat to canon, even though it is canon. 

Is it really so bad? Cause I just spent 22 bucks to order it...

21 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

I want my childhood back, Rowling.

Maybe you guys are being a little overdramatic. I haven't read it yet so my opinion doesn't really mean anything, but "I want my childhood back" reminds me A LOT of when the star wars prequels came out. Maybe Cursed Child isn't like the others, but I don't think it ruins childhoods as much as, you know, your brother taking the last cookie or something like that. 

Can someone here elaborate on the problems in Cursed Child for me, while being sorta kinda non-spoilery? I know there's time travel but I don't know who dies or whatever.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Oversleep said:

If you like buying cheap books, have you heard of nieprzeczytane.pl? That's the cheapest online bookstore there is. Usually cheaper than other stores during their sales.

36 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

If you like buying cheap books, have you heard of nieprzeczytane.pl? That's the cheapest online bookstore there is. Usually cheaper than other stores during their sales.

I usually buy from swiatksiazki.pl (although I always compare it with nieprzeczytane.pl). But MAG's sale is something even cheaper than those two.