Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

20 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

'Cause no staffers have closed this one.  With the new forum design, they might not; I know the original pattern was to keep the database from slowing down/getting overloaded.  It's possible that the new site doesn't experience those problems, and closing threads is no longer necessary.

...or @Chaos just hasn't gotten around to it yet.

...That was the reason? I was not aware of that... 

1 minute ago, Cognizantastic said:

I would recommend reading story threads to see if it's something that you enjoy

I read the non-canon, alternate what-if thread. I laughed out loud when Deathwish tried to cure Lightwards with coke XD

8 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

looking through the various introductory materials that our lovely GM has created

Too late now, but tomorrow... :)

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

...That was the reason? I was not aware of that... 

I...thought so?  I swear I remember someone saying that somewhere around here, that letting threads get too long could potentially cause problems.  I always thought it was a bit weird (I know of another forum with threads in the 1,000+ pages), but what the heck do I know about forum design?

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So you know how it's supposed to be bad luck when a black cat crosses your path? 

What does it mean when it's crossing the sidewalk, sees you coming, freezes, and goes back the way it came? :mellow:

It means that the cat saw the goodness in your soul and decided that it just couldn't use you as a victim for its cat magic.

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

THERE IS AN I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER MOVIE

THERES AN I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER MOVIE

WHY DIDNT I KNOW ABOUT THIS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/01/i-am-not-a-serial-killer-trailer-christopher-lloyd

John. Is. Perfect.

:lol: I need this movie. I need it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/01/i-am-not-a-serial-killer-trailer-christopher-lloyd

John. Is. Perfect.

You know, if a multivariate means everything is possible, everyone is a serial killer in some universe. :ph34r:

Also, can someone help a poor nerd out?

'kay, so. There's a comic company, IDW. They tend to make books based off of Licensed Prepertoires mostly -they currently publish Ghostbusters, Star Trek and MLP comics, for instance.

Anyway, in September, they are launching a comic book event, called Revolution. The premise is that it's going to  reveal that a number of Hasbro products they have the licenses to exist in the same universe.

Now, I've been (slowly) making my way through the IDW Transformers books for a while. And, while my emery is vague, I know enough about Action Man to have a sense of how that franchise works...

But I know nothing about the others, hence why I'm asking; any fans willing to give me a crash course in G.I Joe, MASK, Micronauts and/or Rom, Space Knight.:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Quiver said:

You know, if a multivariate means everything is possible, everyone is a serial killer in some universe. :ph34r:

Also, can someone help a poor nerd out?

'kay, so. There's a comic company, IDW. They tend to make books based off of Licensed Prepertoires mostly -they currently publish Ghostbusters, Star Trek and MLP comics, for instance.

Anyway, in September, they are launching a comic book event, called Revolution. The premise is that it's going to  reveal that a number of Hasbro products they have the licenses to exist in the same universe.

Now, I've been (slowly) making my way through the IDW Transformers books for a while. And, while my emery is vague, I know enough about Action Man to have a sense of how that franchise works...

But I know nothing about the others, hence why I'm asking; any fans willing to give me a crash course in G.I Joe, MASK, Micronauts and/or Rom, Space Knight.:ph34r:

If you want a ROM crash course then watch Linkara's ROMtrospective.:ph34r:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

John. Is. Perfect.

Possibly because Dan doesn't seem to have much of a Facebook presence and because of geographical distance? I've known about this for ages, but since I live in Utah I go to lots of his signings and ask him about it every time I see him.

But! The release date is news to me!! AUGUST 26 SEEMS LIKE AN ETERNITY AWAY. I'm frustrated that I can't find any information about what theaters will be participating in the US "limited release", but I Tweeted about it to Dan Wells to see if he knows. And there's no preorder listing for the movie on Amazon's streaming service as of right now either. *grump grump*

5 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So you know how it's supposed to be bad luck when a black cat crosses your path? 

What does it mean when it's crossing the sidewalk, sees you coming, freezes, and goes back the way it came? :mellow:

The cat will have a bad day :P

4 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Possibly because Dan doesn't seem to have much of a Facebook presence and because of geographical distance? I've known about this for ages, but since I live in Utah I go to lots of his signings and ask him about it every time I see him.

But! The release date is news to me!! AUGUST 26 SEEMS LIKE AN ETERNITY AWAY. I'm frustrated that I can't find any information about what theaters will be participating in the US "limited release", but I Tweeted about it to Dan Wells to see if he knows. And there's no preorder listing for the movie on Amazon's streaming service as of right now either. *grump grump*

Funny, August 26 seems pretty close. But I'm going from not knowing about it at all to it coming out in a couple months so :D

i bet it's the FB not the distance. Buuuut if it's limited release in the US I have almost no hope of seeing it (legally). And it's like to support Dan and the movie makers. This is sad. 

30 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

If I may be blunt, I hope it wasn't the "historical" claims made by the author, because those were nearly all either exaggerated or fabricated wholesale. 

Well, when dealing with ancient history...most of which we only have accounts filled heavily with symbolism, exaggerations and fabrications are the order of the day!

And if such is the case...why not choose the fabrication you prefer?

4 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

Well, when dealing with ancient history...most of which we only have accounts filled heavily with symbolism, exaggerations and fabrications are the order of the day!

Because nobody wants to be Dan Browned?

26 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

I could Godwin this statement.