Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

@Quiver Tell me more about this werewolf.:ph34r: Anyway, that red plating just kind of breaks the deal for me, as does that the boots specifically have a hole for the knees.

4 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

I feel like a skaa.

Reveal hidden contents

WaSZOqg.jpg

I see one single red star in that picture, are you sure it's a skaa that you feel like?:ph34r:

14 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Anyone else ever heard of a story called "The Powers of Harmony?"

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/24125/the-powers-of-harmony

Can't say I have. I haven't read any fimfiction lately, actually...

(And i sxtill have ltos I want to write, too...)

1 hour ago, Iron Eyes said:

If only...

57X0YmN.jpg

Damnation I wish I could be that cool.

@Quiver I remember reading somewhere that playing on your phone before bed messes with the body's ability to sleep peacefully, so maybe try avoiding that? I suppose you could talk to your doctor about getting some medication to help you sleep... Just be aware that some of those sleeping pills can have weird side effects. I've heard multiple pharmacy employees tell stories about patients who got up in the middle of the night and cooked whole meals or broke into their neighbors' houses to make PBJ sandwiches once they started taking Ambien--all while asleep!

On 8/17/2016 at 1:16 PM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Mistakes I expected. More of the same, and new ones even, but for the new installment to violate previously established canon? I expect that of amateur fanfic writers, not an officially sponsored play. 

But more than that, CC is just lacking in the charm that made it so easy for me to gloss over the original series' mistakes. It doesn't feel like a continuation of the story, it feels like a bad fanfic. If CC had the charm and the lovable characters of the original, I wouldn't be here tearing it apart. I'd point out its mistakes, sure, but I wouldn't have given it the dreaded one-star review. 

I think one of the greatest triumphs of the original series was the characters. Rowling created very unique, very human characters that people fell in love with. They were the reasons I could ignore the plot holes and occasional bad writing. I wanted to know what would happen to them next.

In Cursed Child, we hardly know the main characters. There's some familiar faces, but beyond that, it feels alien- very different from the books. What made the Harry Potter series was the people it was about. A spinoff with new characters was never going to be as good.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Edited by Mistrunner

The weirdest thing happened to me today. I was at diving lessons (in my whole 13 years since we moved to Florida, I'm finally learning how to dive) and my teacher was trying to get me to do a back peel. I'm irrationally scared of that, since it's just standing on the edge of the board and falling backwards. Then I mentioned that I still wasn't very good at a front fall, so he let me do that. 

I was still shaken up from my near death escape (or at least that's what it felt like) and when I started to come off the board, it looked like the water wasn't even there. I completely forgot where I was in midair, and I still didn't see the water until my face hit it in a flailing mess.

I'm still not completely sure what happened. But I reeeeaaally hope that will never happen while I'm learning to drive. :mellow:

9 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

The weirdest thing happened to me today. I was at diving lessons (in my whole 13 years since we moved to Florida, I'm finally learning how to dive) and my teacher was trying to get me to do a back peel. I'm irrationally scared of that, since it's just standing on the edge of the board and falling backwards. Then I mentioned that I still wasn't very good at a front fall, so he let me do that. 

I was still shaken up from my near death escape (or at least that's what it felt like) and when I started to come off the board, it looked like the water wasn't even there. I completely forgot where I was in midair, and I still didn't see the water until my face hit it in a flailing mess.

I'm still not completely sure what happened. But I reeeeaaally hope that will never happen while I'm learning to drive. :mellow:

*Reads 'dive' as 'drive*

Great moments in TV Tropes history: 

When a user sent me a PM telling me that my recent edit for the Cursed Child YMMV page went against indentation policy. Instead of fixing it themselves, which would have been as difficult as deleting a single asterisk. 

Yeah.

I smell a disgruntled fan of the play. 

12 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Great moments in TV Tropes history: 

When a user sent me a PM telling me that my recent edit for the Cursed Child YMMV page went against indentation policy. Instead of fixing it themselves, which would have been as difficult as deleting a single asterisk. 

Yeah.

I smell a disgruntled fan of the play. 

You know of Wiki Wars, right? You know, countless pages of discussions and edit wars over things like "should there be "the" in the title of that thing?".
Hardcore editors treat such things not lightly. You had to be informed of your mistake... xD

Being a fan or not probably has nothing do to with it.

Just now, Oversleep said:

You know of Wiki Wars, right? You know, countless pages of discussions and edit wars over things like "should there be "the" in the title of that thing?".
Hardcore editors treat such things not lightly. You had to be informed of your mistake... xD

Being a fan or not probably has nothing do to with it.

Ugh, yes. Ridiculous in my opinion, though I dare not say so on the wiki. 

I did ask this edit warrior why they didn't just change it themselves. No response as of yet. 

2 hours ago, Iron Eyes said:

The real motivation that got me into Linguistics while in college...

index_zpsmdsywhrq.jpg

Have you ever realized how weird/meta the written language is? We have arbitrary squiggles that are symbols for arbitrary grunts that are symbols for concepts.

Edited by Morzathoth

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Have you ever realized that if you think about a word long enough, it stops making sense? 

Have you realized that you can do this with anything? Nothing makes so much sense thinking about it wont absolutely ruin it.

26 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

Have you realized that you can do this with anything? Nothing makes so much sense thinking about it wont absolutely ruin it.

It's because, at its core, nothing makes sense. We don't think too much about things because it destroys the lie we're all pretending to believe.