Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

I've started to see a memetic backlash to this that points out, quite rightly, that other animal incidents like Cecil the Lion popped up and faded away after a while.  The reason for the continued use of Harambe is pretty blatantly an excuse for Internet racists to crack their favorite kind of jokes with plausible deniability.  "It's just a [funny/cool/unusual] name," they say, as they continually link Harambe imagery to, for instance, Leslie Jones.  The black people + monkey imagery is blatant in most cases.  When it's not, it's usually a red flag of the "alt-right."

Following Twi's example, I wrote a thing about Syl fighting insecurities  but I'm posting about it here because more of you follow this thread than Sanderson Fanfic so yeah. I would appreciate reactions and maybe feedback?

@Quiver @TwiLyghtSansSparkles I'm hoping you'll like it.

Edited by Delightful

IMO the people who are bashing the kid for being stupid or his parents for being inattentive fail to grasp two things: 1) Little kids do stupid things sometimes because they haven't had time to learn all the "common sense" rules of behavior that we adults now know. It's a fact of life; get used to it.

2) It is literally impossible to watch children every second of the day. Case in point:

2cc580ed02e109babeba08ad45a6ba19.jpg

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

IMO the people who are bashing the kid for being stupid or his parents for being inattentive fail to grasp two things: 1) Little kids do stupid things sometimes because they haven't had time to learn all the "common sense" rules of behavior that we adults now know. It's a fact of life; get used to it.

2) It is literally impossible to watch children every second of the day. Case in point:

2cc580ed02e109babeba08ad45a6ba19.jpg

And either way, do we not value human life over the life of a gorilla? Priorities, people. 

14 minutes ago, Delightful said:

And either way, do we not value human life over the life of a gorilla? Priorities, people. 

This too. I'm all for treating animals humanely and trying not to kill them unnecessarily, but I'd do it in a heartbeat if the alternative was letting the toddler die.

10 hours ago, Delightful said:

Following Twi's example, I wrote a thing about Syl fighting insecurities  but I'm posting about it here because more of you follow this thread than Sanderson Fanfic so yeah. I would appreciate reactions and maybe feedback?

@Quiver @TwiLyghtSansSparkles I'm hoping you'll like it.

Had a quick look over it, in-depth reaction to come?

9 hours ago, Briar King said:

Hmm decisions. Having dreams with my long hair recently and it's making me want to re grow but I'm dreading the 1st few mushroom head mths.

Jooooooooiiiiiin uuuuuuuuuusssssss.....

You too can be fabulous like me and Mega Ampharos.

As for the entire gorilla thing I would like to quote the wise words of one of my favorite podcasters: "Pro gorilla, anti children."

Lots of children, not as many gorillas. By the rules of collectables that means gorillas are more valuable.

Edited by Morzathoth

5 hours ago, Morzathoth said:

Jooooooooiiiiiin uuuuuuuuuusssssss.....

You too can be fabulous like me and Mega Ampharos.

As for the entire gorilla thing I would like to quote the wise words of one of my favorite podcasters: "Pro gorilla, anti children."

Lots of children, not as many gorillas. By the rules of collectables that means gorillas are more valuable.

Somebody downvoted that, fixed it. Perhaps you need to add <sarcasm> </sarcasm> to your posts or something...

Also, having long hair is fabulous. It's not a coincidence my friends call me the "King of Elves" :lol:

12 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Somebody downvoted that, fixed it. Perhaps you need to add <sarcasm> </sarcasm> to your posts or something...

Also, having long hair is fabulous. It's not a coincidence my friends call me the "King of Elves" :lol:

I knew someone would downvote me for that, said it anyway XD Someone here is very sensitive to the darker kinds of humor, I have noticed. Oh well. Thanks.

Elves are fabulous, I'm fabulous, accept your fabulousness!

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

CHIN LENGTH SASSY BOB BUDDIES

WOOT!  I'm thinking of doing a Manic Panic test to see if I can get purple to take over henna.  I miss having funky colored streaks in my hair.  I think it's time.  BEHOLD, THE LAST YEAR OF MY THIRTIES, I REFUSE TO LOOK MY AGE!

2 hours ago, Morzathoth said:

THE SASSAPOCALYPS IS NIGH

Fear us!

23 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Long hair is fabulous.  But eventually I get bored and want something new.  I am just tired of having to shampoo and condition over 2 feet of hair.

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

A question for other long-haired humans (and @Morzathoth): what do you do with your hair when attempting to wear a hood?

Hoods are problematic... but I like hoods.

When my hair was long, I'd gather it before tucking it into the hood. Unless I wanted to feel like a pseudo-medieval fantasy hero, in which case I'd just pull up my hood and let my hair spill down over my shoulders, brushed across my cheeks at the slightest hint of wind. :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

A question for other long-haired humans (and @Morzathoth): what do you do with your hair when attempting to wear a hood?

Hoods are problematic... but I like hoods.

I usually pull it back, not in a pony tail or anything, but just back. I wear hoods a lot and I rarely have problems.

When I had long hair, I used to run my hand under it and lift it out of the hood once I'd put it on. (Speaking of a hooded sweatshirt here, where I left the hood down.)

In other news, I found this hilarious but slightly creepy picture while Googling for rage characters:

Rage-Comics-In-Real-Life-2.jpg

19 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

When I had long hair, I used to run my hand under it and lift it out of the hood once I'd put it on. (Speaking of a hooded sweatshirt here, where I left the hood down.)

In other news, I found this hilarious but slightly creepy picture while Googling for rage characters:

Rage-Comics-In-Real-Life-2.jpg

Works great for when you go to the wrong place to pick up your takeout....like I just did. <_<