Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

I just think it's funny that you spoilered all of that.  Nearly a page of spoilered text.

I read all of it, and still have no idea what you two are talking about. :P 

Gotta open all those spoiler tags.  Heedless of repercussions. :P  

Edited by Magestar

9 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I just think it's funny that you spoilered all of that.  Nearly a page of spoilered text.

I read all of it, and still have no idea what you two are talking about. :P 

Gotta open all those spoiler tags.  Heedless of repercussions. :P  

Yeah, I tend to see spoiler tags as more a challenge than a threat. :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Magestar said:

As do I.  Obviously, this is the only way to view spoiler tags. :P 

Would you look at that.  A pun.

If you start downloading the "Welcome to Night Vale" podcast from the start, you will start to understand quickly.  It's...a very strange story, and a bit slow.  But entertaining.

I find it best to listen to during road trips to break up the monotony of just listening to music all the time.

Podcasts are pretty great in general to break up the monotony.

I may also recommend Midnight Marinara/Undercooked Analysis. They do Radio plays of creepy pasta and Undercooked is them cold reading creepy pasta and talking about it... and mostly it becomes completely ridiculous...

And David is my mancrush, just saying.

In forensics things happen that are unlikely to happen anywhere else, like a teacher singing softly to himself while carrying four skulls. :mellow: I love that class. :P

On 8/30/2016 at 0:43 PM, The Honor Spren said:

I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll miss Florida. . . 

Best of luck. Have fun in Virginia! I've heard it's lovely there.

8 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'd heard Zootopia was coming to Netflix in September, so I just ran a search. 

Closest match? Zoombies. Summarized thusly: 

It has one star. 

I want to watch it. Not because I'll like it, more because it would be fun to make fun of with some mates

15 hours ago, Oversleep said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know what you're all talking about, but I figured that by that point nobody not interested is no longer opening the spoiler tags. Let it be a secret joke :ph34r:

I see what you did there and raise you a five headed dragon Holding up trafic and now, the wheater.

11 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'd heard Zootopia was coming to Netflix in September, so I just ran a search. 

Closest match? Zoombies. Summarized thusly: 

It has one star. 

It could be a so bad it's good movie or just bad, depends on whether or not the leader of the Zoombies was my by Chimera or by Lightwards.:ph34r:

Tales from the Cursed Child YMMV page….

Spoiler

I had listed Ron the Death Eater* under Pet Peeve Tropes, citing the treatment of Cedric Diggory. This remained for a good while. I looked this morning and, lo and behold, the listing had vanished. According to the history page, the user who had removed it said "This is a fanfic trope. Cursed Child is 100% canon." 

Spoiler

19xcji.jpg

Yes, I put it back. :ph34r: 

*To avoid linking to TV Tropes: It's when a writer (usually fanfic) exaggerates an established character's negative attributes, usually to make a different character—often an OC, but not always—appear better by comparison, or to advance a particular plot point. Named for fanfics where Ron is, well, a Death Eater.

So in one of my classes I've had to read a bit about Gilgamesh and Hammurabi, and I've had fun just reading through some of Hammurabi's laws. This guy was hardcore. One of his laws was: "If a builder build a house for a man and do not make its construction firm, and the house which he has built collapse and cause the death of the owner of the house, that builder shall be put to death." Talk about an incentive to do your job right. 

51 minutes ago, Patar said:

So in one of my classes I've had to read a bit about Gilgamesh and Hammurabi, and I've had fun just reading through some of Hammurabi's laws. This guy was hardcore. One of his laws was: "If a builder build a house for a man and do not make its construction firm, and the house which he has built collapse and cause the death of the owner of the house, that builder shall be put to death." Talk about an incentive to do your job right. 

Wish I wasn't at work. I so wanted to make a meme of a Babylonian ranting about how, "Back in our days, we built things to last!"

Also, the Night Vale conversation amuses me greatly.^_^ 

6 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Wish I wasn't at work. I so wanted to make a meme of a Babylonian ranting about how, "Back in our days, we built things to last!"

"Unless of course god ruins everything, but it isnt our fault he dislikes tall towers."

I think that one of the best parts of the Coldplay concert on Wednesday was in Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, when they got to the line "But still I'll raise the flag" and Chris Martin brought out the Utah state flag. :D He then proceeded to wear it on his head for another few measures or so before continuing on as normal. :P

Basically, if you ever get a chance to see these guys live, take it.

Edited by Slowswift
Grammar!

Drove a car for my first time today! :D It was a nerve wracking experience. . . . We were driving in a parking lot at sunset, and there was one guy parked in the back corner. Right when we were about to leave, he pulled up ridiculously close to the car and started yelling at us for shining our headlights at him while he was sitting there. ಠ_ಠ What do you want me to do? It's getting dark. We kind of need those headlights to see? 

But yay for driving!

8 hours ago, Quiver said:

You mean something like this?

19ysb5.jpg

Well, that was an interesting start to a Saturday morning.  Woke up at 7AM to the sensation of an earthquake shaking the bed.

Epicenter in Oklahoma, magnitude either 5.6 or 5.8, depending on who's doing the reporting.

7 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

What, a Van De Graff generator? Love those things

Image result for van de graaff generator

I was once going through a particularly frizzy haired stage and the school secretary asked of if my class had been using the van de Greg machine. Nope, just the weather :l

friends: out drinking

me: with them but needing to be sober

also me: checking out the local pokestops

I finally found a trope describing the setup for my writing: Outside-Context Problem. Example: It's when the plot concentrates on something like civil war or power-struggles between lords and then they're all suddenly attacked by magic demons. The problem they're encountering was either unconceivable to them or assumed impossible.

Spoiler

Am I describing Stormlight Archive or Game Of Thrones? :ph34r:

In my case, few years earlier all the mages evaporated. Before that they all initiated new generation, gave them a quick crash-course, and vanished.

For all I know, they were recruited by Doctor Manhattan to wage war at Avengers :P