Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

Just now, Mistrunner said:

I took the quiz. I'm Ravenclaw, according to them.

Same house as Luna Lovegood. Aw yiss. :D

I was a Ravenclaw but I retested and got Gryffindor. Dunno how but I'm cool with that. I'm either the fun Ravenclaw or the chill Gryffindor, so.

Patronus? Wand? Ilvermorny House, if you're in to that?

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

...as opposed to tame rabbit, I suppose.

I'm guessing it's the kind of wild rabbit native to the UK, and not the sort you'd find out in the Sonoran desert of southern Arizona/ northern Mexico. Those rabbits know how to survive. Not to mention that because of their diets in summer, for a few months out of the year their meat is actually poisonous. :ph34r: 

Just now, Mistrunner said:

I took the quiz. I'm Ravenclaw, according to them.

Same house as Luna Lovegood. Aw yiss. :D

I'll go with my personal choice of Slytherclaw. Get me as far from Harry's Leeroy Jenkins mode as possible. :ph34r::P 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'm guessing it's the kind of wild rabbit native to the UK, and not the sort you'd find out in the Sonoran desert of southern Arizona/ northern Mexico. Those rabbits know how to survive. Not to mention that because of their diets in summer, for a few months out of the year their meat is actually poisonous. :ph34r: 

I'll go with my personal choice of Slytherclaw. Get me as far from Harry's Leeroy Jenkins mode as possible. :ph34r::P 

:P

Aw now I need a red and gold tie, 'cause I can no longer wear my blue and bronze tie.

2 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I was a Ravenclaw but I retested and got Gryffindor. Dunno how but I'm cool with that. I'm either the fun Ravenclaw or the chill Gryffindor, so.

Patronus? Wand? Ilvermorny House, if you're in to that?

They said my patronus is an osprey. My reaction to that was "eh." I'm not sure that quiz is entirely accurate.

My wand, apparently, is *ahem* larch wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½" and surprisingly swishy flexibility.

I, like Twi, am pretending that Ilvermorny does not exist. :P I have a few firmly-placed headcanons I adhere to instead.

24 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

They said my patronus is an osprey. My reaction to that was "eh." I'm not sure that quiz is entirely accurate.

My wand, apparently, is *ahem* larch wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½" and surprisingly swishy flexibility.

I, like Twi, am pretending that Ilvermorny does not exist. :P I have a few firmly-placed headcanons I adhere to instead.

Let's be headcanon buddies. :ph34r: 

Edit: @bleeder and @Mistrunner, I took it again and got Slytherin. But there were questions there that I don't remember asking the first time. So....no idea what's going on there.

I am also still offend that you can't take a pug to Hogwarts. <_< 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

20 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Let's be headcanon buddies. :ph34r: 

Edit: @bleeder and @Mistrunner, I took it again and got Slytherin. But there were questions there that I don't remember asking the first time. So....no idea what's going on there.

I am also still offend that you can't take a pug to Hogwarts. <_< 

The questions are always somewhat different. And.. no Slytherpug. Sorry, Twi.

2 minutes ago, bleeder said:

The questions are always somewhat different. And.. no Slytherpug. Sorry, Twi.

But that's probably why I'd be put in Slytherin in the first place! When the Headmaster or Headmistress told me I could only have a lame-o pet, I'd put Bruce in my lap and say "Look. Weasley had a rat for three years, before it turned out to be a terrorist in disguise. Granger's cat was CLEARLY part something weird. Hagrid kept a giant man eating spider in his room. Point is, the rules are stupid and my pug stays."

2 hours ago, bleeder said:

Hey @Darkness Ascendant and any other Aussies/Kiwis out there... ever heard of a "Yowie"?

Yea, there just a mythical monster. Noone talks about them, they are said to be human like beings, kinda like Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Wendigos etc etc, they were n aboriginal belief i think.

Image result for yowie

I signed up for Pottermore last year purely for the Sorting Hat, wand, and the other quizes. I'm going back now to take the Patronus test

Okay, I'm in Gryffindor, this is my wand

Alder wood with a Dragon heartstring core 14" and Slightly Springy flexibility

My Ilvermorney house is, Pukwudgie. 

Oh lol, my Patronus is a weasel. That was unexpected

1 minute ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Yea, there just a mythical monster. Noone talks about them, they are said to be human like beings, kinda like Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Wendigos etc etc, they were n aboriginal belief i think.

Image result for yowie

I signed up for Pottermore last year purely for the Sorting Hat, wand, and the other quizes. I'm going back now to take the Patronus test

Okay, I'm in Gryffindor, this is my wand

Alder wood with a Dragon heartstring core 14" and Slightly Springy flexibility

My Ilvermorney house is, Pukwudgie. 

Oh lol, my Patronus is a weasel. That was unexpected

I'm in Pukwudgie too!

3 hours ago, bleeder said:

I got a weasel... Not sure how to respond to that...

I've got a weasel as well.  I think that test is limited by how few possibilities it has...

(Unlike you, though, I am consistently Sorted into Slytherin over and over.  Like Twi, I am Slytherclaw to the bone.)

21 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

I've got a weasel as well.  I think that test is limited by how few possibilities it has...

(Unlike you, though, I am consistently Sorted into Slytherin over and over.  Like Twi, I am Slytherclaw to the bone.)

It was pretty limited. And I know that was out of necessity—if a Patronus quiz truly allowed you to have any magical or Muggle creature as a Patronus, then the questions would never end—but it's still irritating to have it split between "bat" and "wild rabbit." 

And anyway, it's pretty good proof that Rowling isn't a Cloudcuckoolander, because if I'd written that quiz, your Patronus could conceivably be a pug, Planty the Potted Plant, or the Rock That Looks Like a Face Rock. :P 

(I still don't know how in Braize I got Gryffindor the first time. Makes me wonder if the questions were subtly skewed that way…. :ph34r: ) 

Ah I can't quote now!

my patronus is this adorableness:

Girl-With-Giant-Newfoundland-Dog.jpg

I am happy with this. Giant, protective and ridiculously fluffy? Yess!

Twi - you're not straight? I thought you were. I am confuse. 

Dont remember what my wand is I'll check - oh. Didn't do that quiz. This Pottermore account told me I'm a Hufflepuff though when I'm clearly a Ravenclaw. Possibly with another secondary I haven't checked but I'm primarily Ravenclaw. 

Oh and I have heard of a yowie but I'm not sure I could tell you what it is. 

Just now, Delightful said:

Ah I can't quote now!

Dont remember what my wand is I'll check - oh. Didn't do that quiz. This Pottermore account told me I'm a Hufflepuff though when I'm clearly a Ravenclaw. Possibly with another secondary I haven't checked but I'm primarily Ravenclaw. 

Oh and I have heard of a yowie but I'm not sure I could tell you what it is. 

I approve of this Patronus. :ph34r: 

Well, I thought I was for a long time….and then I recently realized I wasn't. I probably said something about being straight sometime before on the forums, but I don't recall. 

Maybe it's all just random ;) (this part was written in response to Twi not knowing how she got Gryfinndork during a quiz)

So I decide, "Gee, I wonder how my angsty music from the teenage years holds up... Particularly from before I started listening to Pink Floyd!"

*Takes a trip down memory lane*

Jeevus Chrysler! That's not angst! That's full on depression! WHAT in Braize, young Orlion?!

Edited by Orlion Determined

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Well, I thought I was for a long time….and then I recently realized I wasn't. I probably said something about being straight sometime before on the forums, but I don't recall. 

You've mentioned dating guys so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . 

So the Pottermore talk is here.

Pottermore gave me a kingfisher patronus, Hufflepuff, Horned Serpent, and a chestnut wood wand with a unicorn hair core that's 10" with unyielding flexibility. 

I'm not sure what I think of the patronus--I don't really know enough about kingfishers. I am doubtful that the patronus quiz can be very accurate. With the large number of patronus possibilities and the small number of questions asked during the quiz, the result is highly dependent on the question draw, so there must be several patronuses any one person could receive, and several that are impossible to receive without getting the right questions.

Regarding weird Hogwarts House sortings, here's a blog on tumblr that analyzes that quiz. (There's also data from the wand quiz there, which is simpler to understand since it's always the same questions.) The data there is from before an eighth question was added to the quiz for the new site, but it's probably still accurate. The short of it is that it's an okay quiz, but the way only a few questions (of varying quality) of all the possibilities are asked each time means most people can get any House depending on which questions they're asked. Taking the quiz multiple times or looking at how you'd answer all the questions or a selection of the fairer ones gives a more accurate House reading than just taking the quiz once. I took the quiz several times a while ago and got Hufflepuff most often, Ravenclaw next most often, Slytherin less often, and Gryffindor least, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure I agree with Pottermore that I'm more Hufflepuff than Ravenclaw though.

7 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Kay, you are in a house with my best friend and my sister, and now I'm a Gryffindor, but I still believe I'm a Ravenclaw.

7 hours ago, Delightful said:

Ah I can't quote now!

That is large dog... that is very large dog. Is that you beside very large dog, @Delightful?

7 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I thought I was straight for the first, say, 13 to 14 years of my life. Then I realized I like dudes just as much as I like girls. 

Guys guys guys guys guys.

Today, 23 September, 2016, I have had Type 1 Diabetes for 6 years.

Spoiler

Image result for diaversary

Edited by bleeder