Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

And most of the guys I dated made me wonder why there were no sparks between me and them, when there was no reason for them not to be there. (There was one guy where the reason was obvious--he was a chull.) 

Interspecies romances can be difficult.

...but, jokes based on curse filters sorry for the bad history. At least you got a good result out of it and found yourself?

Edited by Quiver

Dresden Files

Spoiler

*Makes all the jokes about Harry liking older women*

I did not expect that. I am totally ok with it though.

And Eldest Gruff is awesome.

Speaking of Dresden Files and The Invested Beard he bears an uncanny resemblance to Michel. Just saying.

Regarding Pottermore --

My Patronus is a black mare. ...okay, then. :huh:

It tried to tell me I was in Ravenclaw. <_< STORM IT I'M A HUFFLEPUFF YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME.

And my wand is redwood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ¾" and slightly yielding flexibility. I like this one. 

Maybe I'll do the whole Ilvermorny thing later. Maybe.

So apparently, there's a full list of Patronus types

And of all the cool Patronuses….

….of all the forms….

….of all the awesome forms, even leaving aside the rare ones like Thestrals….

…..

…….. a bat and a wild rabbit were the best Pottermore could come up with. <_< 

Storm that. I'm sticking with my custom result. A golden eagle is much better than anything Pottermore wants to stick me with. :ph34r: 

And seriously? "Black and white cat" is honestly one of the results? Does the behavior of a black and white cat differ that significantly from that of a brown cat, or a calico cat? I really don't understand why there are so many different cat Patronuses distinguished only by the markings on their fur. Breeds of cat, I can understand, but this is like making the birds section "blue bird," "red bird," "yellow bird," "white bird" and "heron." 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

42 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

And seriously? "Black and white cat" is honestly one of the results? Does the behavior of a black and white cat differ that significantly from that of a brown cat, or a calico cat? I really don't understand why there are so many different cat Patronuses distinguished only by the markings on their fur. Breeds of cat, I can understand, but this is like making the birds section "blue bird," "red bird," "yellow bird," "white bird" and "heron." 

And the fact that all patronuses are silver and glowing makes it even more confusing to me. 

20 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

And the fact that all patronuses are silver and glowing makes it even more confusing to me. 

Exactly! What, does the silver shine brighter in certain patches, making the wizard who cast it go "Certainly, that brightish patch of silver is supposed to be white, while that darkish patch is supposed to be black, so this is definitely a black and white cat." How do you even tell with calicos? I mean, with the birds, it's easier; you may not be able to see the characteristic black and white markings on a magpie if it's glowing silver, but you could conceivably tell by the shape of its body. Cats all pretty much share the same shape, unless you want to mix it up with "bald and weird" or "super fluffy." :P 

And piebald mare is another Patronus. Basically, a mare that's black and white. 

JK Y U DO THIS

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

1 minute ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

THATS NOT FUNNY<_<

It kind of is.  :D

Thanks to the TV show, I do know the resolution to that bit.  Whether it turns out to be the same in the books is as-yet unknown, though I suspect it will be.

But I'm not gonna spoil you.

9 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

It kind of is.  :D

Thanks to the TV show, I do know the resolution to that bit.  Whether it turns out to be the same in the books is as-yet unknown, though I suspect it will be.

But I'm not gonna spoil you.

Oh that's just evil...

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Exactly! What, does the silver shine brighter in certain patches, making the wizard who cast it go "Certainly, that brightish patch of silver is supposed to be white, while that darkish patch is supposed to be black, so this is definitely a black and white cat." How do you even tell with calicos? I mean, with the birds, it's easier; you may not be able to see the characteristic black and white markings on a magpie if it's glowing silver, but you could conceivably tell by the shape of its body. Cats all pretty much share the same shape, unless you want to mix it up with "bald and weird" or "super fluffy." :P 

And piebald mare is another Patronus. Basically, a mare that's black and white. 

JK Y U DO THIS

Because cats too need to be represented with proper variety.:ph34r: ... or maybe the test just wanted to boast it's many solutions. :P

Now if Khoshekh was an extra patronus type, that I could get behind. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Just finished a Dance with Dragons.

Reveal hidden contents

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME JON SNOW SURVIVES GETTING SHANKED

I haven't actually bothered to watch the Tv show so I don't know but let me share a revalation I had with you about the series.

Spoiler

protagonist plot armor totally exsists. It just makes you think it doesn't by spending so much time on side characters and plots that you end up thinking they are main characters that should have plot armor, except they aren't.

With that in mind, either Jon survived or gets to be some kind of zombie. That is of course only guess work and I could end up eating my words and he's actually staying dead... but I don't buy that for a second.

Edited by Edgedancer

1 hour ago, Mistrunner said:

I was just listening to Hamilton, and an ad came up between "Ten Duel Commandments" and "Meet Me Inside."

"Number ten- paces! Fire!"

"Spaghetti marinara!"

It kind of ruined the mood.

I have run out of upvotes for today. :(

But seriously, I literally LOL'd at this.

Are they firing spaghetti marinara out of their pistols? XD

Also, I added some new memes to Memefying "What Happened in Portland."