Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

Someone needs to start chocolate therapy. Take two people who are arguing, let them stuff themselves with chocolate, and have them talk about their problems while they're in a good mood and feeling slightly bloated from the chocolate.

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

Too waxy, not enough snap. 

And white chocolate... I have a love/hate relationship with white chocolate. Mostly hate.

Too much snap for me. I can handle a few teeny tiny bites of dark chocolate before it just tastes too bitter. 

5 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Chocolate with nuts is the best.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I do like brownies with nuts. 

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Speaking of brownies, has anyone ever tried these

I have. Only difference is I used a homemade brownie recipe instead of cake mix. 

They're amazing. :mellow: 

That sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

I usually add a bit of instant coffee to my brownies, just to round out the flavor.

Unfortunately, since my apartment has an objectively terrible oven, I can't bake a thing. :(

I have to write an essay on friendship (because my English teacher decided to go right for the most cheesy topic of all) and I need examples of qualities that define a good friend. I think they're supposed to be hypothetical situations, but she was so vague about what an example means that I have no idea. What is an example? Why do I need one per paragraph? Why can't I organize my essay however I want and not have to adhere to this strange outline that she is forcing us to follow? Why must I write this essay? Why is it due tomorrow? I had no time to do this because of band and I still have no idea what she wants from me help

1 minute ago, Mistrunner said:

I have to write an essay on friendship (because my English teacher decided to go right for the most cheesy topic of all) and I need examples of qualities that define a good friend. I think they're supposed to be hypothetical situations, but she was so vague about what an example means that I have no idea. What is an example? Why do I need one per paragraph? Why can't I organize my essay however I want and not have to adhere to this strange outline that she is forcing us to follow? Why must I write this essay? Why is it due tomorrow? I had no time to do this because of band and I still have no idea what she wants from me help

Are you reading a book as a class at the moment? If so, she may want you to draw examples from the book you're reading; if not, it sounds like anything goes. 

If you want to revolt, you can write the most sarcastic essay imaginable. :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Are you reading a book as a class at the moment? If so, she may want you to draw examples from the book you're reading; if not, it sounds like anything goes. 

If you want to revolt, you can write the most sarcastic essay imaginable. :ph34r: 

We aren't reading anything currently. This teacher just got in a week or two ago and hasn't had the time to assign one yet. She's too busy talking about essays. She's a bit obsessed with essays. :mellow:

This idea, I like it. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Mistrunner said:

We aren't reading anything currently. This teacher just got in a week or two ago and hasn't had the time to assign one yet. She's too busy talking about essays. She's a bit obsessed with essays. :mellow:

This idea, I like it. :ph34r:

Ah. One of those teachers. <_< Well, it sounds like anything goes, then; you should be free to write hypothetical examples. 

Glad to help. :ph34r: 

38 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Sarcastic essays are the best essays. :P 

(Once, when assigned to write an essay and told to choose my own topic, I wrote an essay dissecting the validity and rational of of essay-writing as a teaching tool and means of conveying a logical thought process, ultimately concluding that essays (specifically, essays as defined and taught by this teacher) were insipid, outdated and inefficient forms of writing. :ph34r: Despite the fact that this was in grade seven, and my writing abilities have improved substantially over the last 5 years, I am still ridiculously proud of that one. :P )

4 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

(Once, when assigned to write an essay and told to choose my own topic, I wrote an essay dissecting the validity and rational of of essay-writing as a teaching tool and means of conveying a logical thought process, ultimately concluding that essays (specifically, essays as defined and taught by this teacher) were insipid, outdated and inefficient forms of writing. :ph34r: Despite the fact that this was in grade seven, and my writing abilities have improved substantially over the last 5 years, I am still ridiculously proud of that one. :P )

Mind posting a rewrite?

24 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

That's amazing. :D

Speaking of such, I've found "about me" papers to be much more fun to write if you make them as sarcastic as possible. Whose life is so interesting that it can't be improved by a good helping of sarcasm?

6 hours ago, Zathoth said:

So turns out one of my friends can read over a thousand words a minute... I was proud of my 400 wpm...

How many of those words can he comprehend?:huh:

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

This week in Thoughts from Twimom: "Why are so many Millennials leaving the church? Well, we were too storming nice to them in their formative years. We should've taught them to respect and fear authority more." 

:mellow: 

Oh Great Noodly One my mother is Vernon Dursley. 

I think the mindset of "if the current approach isn't working we need to bully them into being afraid to leave" is a very telling one, coming from your mother. :mellow: 

2 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Maybe not enough time but if you want to hit from an really unexpected angle, you could use MLP as the examples for your essay. :P