Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

2 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

I have to write an essay on friendship (because my English teacher decided to go right for the most cheesy topic of all) and I need examples of qualities that define a good friend. I think they're supposed to be hypothetical situations, but she was so vague about what an example means that I have no idea. What is an example? Why do I need one per paragraph? Why can't I organize my essay however I want and not have to adhere to this strange outline that she is forcing us to follow? Why must I write this essay? Why is it due tomorrow? I had no time to do this because of band and I still have no idea what she wants from me help

Use Sharders as an example! Then post your essay! Get much upvotage!!! Seriously though, don't stress it. Essays are easy. Just spout out your x number of paragraphs and do a solid grammar check. Use some big words and 99% percent of teachers will be overly impressed... sad but true.

43 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Maybe not enough time but if you want to hit from an really unexpected angle, you could use MLP as the examples for your essay. :P

Alas, I've already started using examples from Newsies. :P I'll keep that in mind for my next essay, though.

36 minutes ago, Djarskublar said:

Use Sharders as an example! Then post your essay! Get much upvotage!!! Seriously though, don't stress it. Essays are easy. Just spout out your x number of paragraphs and do a solid grammar check. Use some big words and 99% percent of teachers will be overly impressed... sad but true.

True. :P I always have a moment of incoherent screaming while writing an essay, but once I actually start writing things down I can get it done pretty fast. I think the required outlines more than anything get me. *shakes fist*

6 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Alas, I've already started using examples from Newsies. :P I'll keep that in mind for my next essay, though.

True. :P I always have a moment of incoherent screaming while writing an essay, but once I actually start writing things down I can get it done pretty fast. I think the required outlines more than anything get me. *shakes fist*

Now I have "Seize the Day" in my head, thanks a lot. <_<:P (Seriously, I haven't seen that movie since….oh jeez, I last saw it in middle school, thirteen years ago, and I still remember that song.) 

And required outlines are awful. I mean, I get how they help outliners, but for a discovery writer? They always killed my mojo. Whenever possible, I'd just write out the essay like normal, print off that copy, then go through, add a couple typos, change a few sentences, print it off and call it the rough draft. :ph34r: 

Also, have you ever wondered what happens when you google "pug god"? 

Spoiler

pugs_in_costume_puglandia_23.jpg

Now you know. 

6 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Shame. Sarcastic essay + sarcastic god of chaos learning about friendship would = win.

10 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

One thing you can do is reverse outline: write the essay first, then collapse that into an outline so you have something to show the teacher.

14 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

If you want to revolt, you can write the most sarcastic essay imaginable. :ph34r: 

This is actually how I did most of my essays in school. :ph34r: I always had trouble getting started, so to get the ball rolling I'd use sarcasm (or just plain humor) to the point that even the Twelfth Doctor would be proud. :P 

On 10/1/2016 at 8:55 AM, The Honor Spren said:

Thanks for answering that. :) I like that idea much better than just an excuse for cosplay and candy. Especially since my religion also teaches that spirits of the dead can occasionally make contact with us here on earth. I love seeing similarities between different religions. 

Don't get me wrong, I will jump on cosplay and candy and excuse the hell out of it. :D

15 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

I have to write an essay on friendship (because my English teacher decided to go right for the most cheesy topic of all) and I need examples of qualities that define a good friend. I think they're supposed to be hypothetical situations, but she was so vague about what an example means that I have no idea. What is an example? Why do I need one per paragraph? Why can't I organize my essay however I want and not have to adhere to this strange outline that she is forcing us to follow? Why must I write this essay? Why is it due tomorrow? I had no time to do this because of band and I still have no idea what she wants from me help

You missed a golden opportunity to use the Elements of Harmony ideals. :P

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

I live less than a mile from there and it's creepy at night. Also, spoopy graveyard within walking distance...

'Tis the season to be spoopy.

Yeah, I can imagine.

Just don't go near the graveyard. Especially at night or during Halloween.

7 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I'm afraid of what the internet will tell me so... what does spoopy mean?

It began with either this image, or one like it: 

Spoiler

fc6.jpg

Since then, it's come to refer to humorous Halloween fails…

Spoiler

409.jpg

….anything intentionally humorous and Halloween-related….

Spoiler

…or, as Zathoth said, just a way to misspell "spooky." 

3 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Well. There was This news story about a bunch of creepy clown sightings everywhere. So it didn't take long for everyone at my middle school to be talking about how the clowns were going around stabbing people and kidnapping small children. 

They're in Kingsport too and it's uber-creppy.

@Zathoth, This might help.

Spoiler

I find that if I imply things about myself, even if they're not true, other people sometimes mistakenly get creeped out about me. For example;  once I told a friend "do you ever get annoyed by how hard getting away with murder is these days?"  That friend, and a couple of others that overheard, refused to speak to me for an entire week. I also use a ton of overly complicated and super long words that, usually, are difficult to translate into regular, every-day English. They don't often enjoy the conversation at that point. After that most people just laugh, shrug, and walk away. I don't know if this is good or bad, but it may help your cause. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Zathoth said:

The kyutefication of horror is something that frustrates me to no end XD

It makes my hobby of greatly disturbing people and making the world a weirder place much, much harder.

I'm typically the random trivia/fact person in almost every circle of friends I'm in, which is neat. Today's random fact was sponsored by Cracked, and featured the fact that dummies exist for dentistry practice.

They range from bizarre (one company made a calendar by Photoshopping the model into stock photos, leading to some genuine Twilight Zone weirdness) to nightmare-inducing (one might as well be a Terminator with dentures).