Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

20 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I know that most of the stuff about Rowena is faked, but a bunch of other creepy stuff is around.

Like, in the 20's or so on Netherland Inn Road, in front of the Netherland Inn, a guy got hit by a car on a foggy night, and they say you can see him on foggy nights. There's a whole story about it (I don't know the deets), but I don't doubt it. I live in an eerie area.

It honestly sounds like a generic campfire story. Foggy night, a tragic death, "and some say that if you look carefully on foggy nights, you can still see..."

With such a story incepted into one's mind, the swift movement of a deer (on a foggy night, when you can not visually tell what the movement is) the brain can ask, "I wonder if that was the guy killed by a car in the 1920s?"

10 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

It honestly sounds like a generic campfire story. Foggy night, a tragic death, "and some say that if you look carefully on foggy nights, you can still see..."

With such a story incepted into one's mind, the swift movement of a deer (on a foggy night, when you can not visually tell what the movement is) the brain can ask, "I wonder if that was the guy killed by a car in the 1920s?"

No deer on that road. It's a riverside road, and no deer live that close. 

But, y'know, superstition is superstition. 

Like with actors. Never say good luck to an actor, and never say the name of the play Macbeth in a theater. If terrible bad luck doesn't strike you because of this, the thespians in the house surely will.

Oh, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, I drew a pug. Then I added you (in a crown and pawprint-pattern robe). Then I added @Kobold King peeking out of a corner. Then me in a vest. All on the same paper. Got a bit carried away. 

Anyone else want to be in the drawing?

Edited by bleeder

4 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Oh, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, I drew a pug. Then I added you (in a crown and pawprint-pattern robe). Then I added @Kobold King peeking out of a corner. Then me in a vest. All on the same paper. Got a bit carried away. 

I'd take you up on that. :ph34r:

Heh. A bit off-topic, but the current conversation about ghost stories made me think of this story from Not Always Right...

Spoiler

(Our phone number at work is almost the same as the local cable TV company; just the last two numbers are reversed. I get a lot of calls for them but they usually understand that they dialed incorrectly.)

Me: “Thanks for calling [Company]. How may I help you?”

Caller: “Yeah, my cable is out; I need you to come fix it.”

Me: “I am sorry, you have reached [Company], not the cable company.”

Caller: “Okay, but when can you get here to fix my cable?”

Me: “I am sorry, you have the wrong number. [Cable Company] is [Other Number]. If you call them, they can help you.”

Caller: “Okay, here is my address.” *gives me address* “Can you get here soon? I am missing my shows!”

Me: *gives up* “You bet, give us about 15 minutes. Be sure you are standing out on the lawn waving so we can find you easier.”

(She didn’t call back — must still be standing out on the lawn…)

Specifically, this comment: 

Spoiler

That was 100 years ago. Some people say that on a clear night, you can still look out on the lawn and see a faintly glowing figure waving and if you listen, you can hear a sad wailing call of, "My shoooooows, my shoooooows! I'm missing my shoooooows!"

That drawing sounds amazing, @bleeder. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Edgedancer said:

I'd take you up on that. :ph34r:

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Heh. A bit off-topic, but the current conversation about ghost stories made me think of this story from Not Always Right...

Specifically, this comment: 

That drawing sounds amazing, @bleeder. :lol: 

I'll post the finished product, whenever it's done, after all the folk who want to  be in it have said so. 

@Edgedancer Describe yourself so I know how to draw ya.

Actually, anyone who wants to be in the drawing of our Eldritch Queen of Pugs and Herald of Forumlurkers, just tell me and describe your appearance. 

8 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I'll post the finished product, whenever it's done, after all the folk who want to  be in it have said so. 

@Edgedancer Describe yourself so I know how to draw ya.

Actually, anyone who wants to be in the drawing of our Eldritch Queen of Pugs and Herald of Forumlurkers, just tell me and describe your appearance. 

I'm really bad at describing myself, so do you mind if i just send you a picture?

26 minutes ago, bleeder said:

No deer on that road. It's a riverside road, and no deer live that close. 

But, y'know, superstition is superstition. 

Like with actors. Never say good luck to an actor, and never say the name of the play Macbeth in a theater. If terrible bad luck doesn't strike you because of this, the thespians in the house surely will.

...huh. Admit, I'd be curious about getting in on the drawing...but I am far too self-conscious of my appearance for that. :ph34r:

If people like ghost stories, though, I'll just repeat that they should check out The Black Tapes.

16 minutes ago, Quiver said:

...huh. Admit, I'd be curious about getting in on the drawing...but I am far too self-conscious of my appearance for that. :ph34r:

If people like ghost stories, though, I'll just repeat that they should check out The Black Tapes.

I don't think I've told bleeder what I look like, so I'm interested in his interpretation. :ph34r::P

As for the podcast you recommended, I'm about to start episode 208 and I second your recommendation. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I don't think I've told bleeder what I look like, so I'm interested in his interpretation. :ph34r::P

As for the podcast you recommended, I'm about to start episode 208 and I second your recommendation. :ph34r:

Maybe it's just your scandalously uncovered safehand in the picture? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Pick me!

25 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Will you tell me your hair color, at least?

@The Honor Spren Will do. I'll draw you as Malon... ;)

Edited by bleeder

1 hour ago, Orlion Determined said:

Part of the fun of being me is that I can do stuff like deghostings and still openly question whether or not I'm full of crem and am just soothing overactive imaginations.  I figure it doesn't really matter - it makes the homeowners feel safer, and I refuse to accept any sort of profit from that sort of work so I'm covered on the ethics side.

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Cool. I had thought that you'd already drawn it, and I was curious to see what people thought I looked like. :P 

I already drew you and Kobold, but you were just sort of a nondescript figure in a robe and crown:ph34r:. I'll get back to work on it, and add everybody else :P;)

2 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Well, I was trying to ask for apple juice but it came out wrong.

Hold on... lemme hit the Google...

...oh no.

apple-milk-simple-and-yummy.jpg

I am somehow not surprised.

So to completely change topic

Spoiler

Grass is still the best starter.