Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

HERE IT IS (sorry sideways)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_1555.JPG

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles @Kobold King @The Honor Spren @Kaymyth @Edgedancer @Mistrunner@Zathoth @Delightful (I drew you as your large furry friend)

This is the greatest thing in the history of things. All other things are looking upon this thing in sadness, knowing that the things it represents are things utterly beyond the scope of such things as they. :D

8 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

This is the greatest thing in the history of things. All other things are looking upon this thing in sadness, knowing that the things it represents are things utterly beyond the scope of such things as they. :D

I dunno. Your description of yourself as the space dragon is, at very least, a close second.

But thanks!

Edited by bleeder

4 hours ago, bleeder said:

HERE IT IS (sorry sideways)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_1555.JPG

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles @Kobold King @The Honor Spren @Kaymyth @Edgedancer @Mistrunner@Zathoth @Delightful (I drew you as your large furry friend)

It's beautiful. :D I love everything about this.

(Oh, by the way, Reginald the spoon has a sister now. Her name is Shirley and she's a fork.)

12 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

No, no, no, Quiver, you haven't even mentioned your excitement at the new seasons of DCTVU coming out! And besides, there are a bunch of comics based of CW characters, but I'm pretty sure they follow the main plot, and add tidbits, to enhance the story and explain some stuff.

My excitement for the upcoming seasons is a little muted, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong; I'm still excited and looking forward to them. The crossover episodes have me psyched, the Legion of Doom should be fun, I'm a fan of the JSA...there is a lot of cool stuff coming this year.

It's just a little tempered by the fact that...well, the last two seasons of Arrow haven't been very good. Flash season two had a lot of really amazing episodes (Earth-2) but overall, I don't think it was as strong as season 1. And Legends, while enjoyable enough, didn't live up to it's potential.

(Still haven't finished Supergirl. Thanks work!)

I'm hoping that was teething problems. They've started adjusting Legends, Arrow is going back to being the gritty crime drama it was in the first two seasons, and the Flash has a chance to do stuff playing to it's strengths. But it's more cautiously optimistic than I was this time last year.

41 minutes ago, bleeder said:

So, UVa gives out a $10,000 scholarship to up to 2 "highly-motivated gay male students" every year. I wonder...

Being gay as a criterium for scholarship is strange... are they going to make you kiss a guy to check if you really are gay? :P

I've just seen reddit questions to which Brandon was replying... and I feel something like pride because I've made topics about those things. I probably inspired those questions. Somebody was actually interested enough in my rambling that it got them to ask Brandon about it. Pride as in my heart gets warmer <3

On another note, I was not here for the last week or 10 days or something like that because my internet is constantly in the state of not working and it's a miracle I got it to work for the last hour. Probably it will soon crash again and I'll be left without any means to reach civilization. Again. Anyway, I'm not dead.

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

Who here would enjoy seeing videos of me doing something super dangerous and stupid, but also entertaining?

Don't do something super dangerous and stupid! (If you know it's super dangerous and stupid, why are you even considering it?) You getting hurt is not something I (or, I'm sure, any of us here on the Shard) want to happen.

8 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Who here would enjoy seeing videos of me doing something super dangerous and stupid, but also entertaining?

7 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Don't do something super dangerous and stupid! (If you know it's super dangerous and stupid, why are you even considering it?) You getting hurt is not something I (or, I'm sure, any of us here on the Shard) want to happen.

I'm with Sunbird. If you must do something stupid, make sure it's safe and stupid. 

32 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'm with Sunbird. If you must do something stupid, make sure it's safe and stupid. 

One of my favourite quotes from a source I can't remember: "be smart about the stupid things you do"

which j also interpret as *which* stupid things you do. 

7 hours ago, Sunbird said:

46 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

32 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Yeah, only safe stupidity is smart stupidity. 

Fine, I'll keep it smart stupid instead.

Edited by Silverblade5

I have "From A Window Seat" by Dawes stuck in my head.

But not the whole song, just the bridge and epic guitar solo.

Spoiler

I wanna make out all of the signs I've been ignoring, 

How the trees reach for the stars, or in the length of someone's hair

'cause when you don't know where you are going,

Any road will take you there

Edited by bleeder

On 06/10/2016 at 3:50 PM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

NPR: The network where, on the rare occasion two guests start fighting on-air, the host steps in and tries to defuse the situation instead of fanning the flames. :wub: 

Uh...Sorry. What's NPR?

...irrelevant side note!

The UK is airing season 6 of MLP. I actually haven't talked Pony here (or in general) for a while. Work means I kept missing episodes when they first aired, so I decided to just leave it until I could get the time.

...well, the UK is airing the season 6 finale early so. Watching that. Halfway through, and my main takeaway?

Trixie, stop flirting with Starlight Glimmer, and stop being so delightful. Starlight, stop being wonderful.

I'm lying. Neither of you should stop doing those things.