Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

The ending seems a touch abrupt, otherwise awesomeness as usual :) 

35 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles The new chapter is one of my favorites yet! :D

Thank you both so much! ^_^ Glad to see that the semblance of a plot I've found seems to be heading in the right direction. :P 

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I put the first few chapters up briefly, but when no one seemed interested, I took the story down. (I'm also not very good at coming up with summaries, so that may have been part of the problem.) 

Try Wattpad as well.

EDIT- Can you give me a general run-down of ur fanfiction? I don't have time to read it soz.

Edited by Dankness Ascendant

2 hours ago, Delightful said:

Will you pick up from here or you basically wanna know what it's about?

Want to know everything thanks! I have a general idea that it's about Draco Malfoy, that's it thanks.

EDIT- Made this in Silk, reminds me of Adonalsium and Honor.

download (1).png

Oh, and here's Endowment

download (2).png

5 hours ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Try Wattpad as well.

EDIT- Can you give me a general run-down of ur fanfiction? I don't have time to read it soz.

DeviantArt is more conducive to visual arts than to serialized fiction. If I posted it elsewhere, would people follow/comment on it there? 

It's based on a theory-turned-headcanon (JK Rowling debunked it, but there are some fans who stick to it :ph34r: ) that Draco was not made a Death Eater between Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince but instead bitten by Greyback to punish Lucius. There's a general summary of the premise, because telling you everything that happens would defeat the purpose of me writing it, which is having people read what I wrote. :) 

6 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

It's based on a theory-turned-headcanon (JK Rowling debunked it, but there are some fans who stick to it :ph34r: ) that Draco was not made a Death Eater between Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince but instead bitten by Greyback to punish Lucius. There's a general summary of the premise, because telling you everything that happens would defeat the purpose of me writing it, which is having people read what I wrote. :) 

K, I'll write you a summary for each chapter after I read it all K? I'm Radiactive_TimTam on DeviantArt, I think I started watching you a month ago

EDIT- 2000 post!

So, posing the question again: Should I move the chapters I've got to Fanfiction or Wattpad? If I do that, I'll probably put multiple short chapters together into longer ones, so the DA chapters would stay up and probably continue being updated. Trying to decide if it's too much, or worth the effort. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So, posing the question again: Should I move the chapters I've got to Fanfiction or Wattpad? If I do that, I'll probably put multiple short chapters together into longer ones, so the DA chapters would stay up and probably continue being updated. Trying to decide if it's too much, or worth the effort. Thoughts?

...why not both?

That isn't snark, by the way. Is there a reason you can't put the story on multiple sites?

21 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I personally enjoy Wattpad more than any other fanfiction/writing website out there.  It's pretty easy to work, it's fairly easy to attract viewers (especially if your fanfiction is Harry Potter related), and you can personalize a lot.  I also really enjoy the variety.   This is literally a site for all types of stories, so if you ever wanted to write something that wasn't in the fanfiction genre, you could begin a totally new story without having to create an entirely new account on a different website.  XD 

So to answer your question--If you wanted to cross post, Wattpad would be the way to go (in my not-so-humble-opinion anyway).

Edited by Mistbornwithakitty

22 minutes ago, Mistbornwithakitty said:

I personally enjoy Wattpad more than any other fanfiction/writing website out there.  It's pretty easy to work, it's fairly easy to attract viewers (especially if your fanfiction is Harry Potter related), and you can personalize a lot.  I also really enjoy the variety.   This is literally a site for all types of stories, so if you ever wanted to write something that wasn't in the fanfiction genre, you could begin a totally new story without having to create an entirely new account on a different website.  XD 

So to answer your question--If you wanted to cross post, Wattpad would be the way to go (in my not-so-humble-opinion anyway).

Looks good, from what I've seen, though I'd need a cover image. Any suggestions? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Problem: I can't draw and I don't have Photoshop. :mellow: 

Ahhh!  I too had this very problem.  You have a couple options actually.....

1. You can commission a cover from someone on Wattpad.  I've personally never done this before, but it's not supposed to be that hard and doesn't cost actual money. 

2.  I can make the cover for you, if you'd like.  My computer is able to put text on images and slightly edit, so thus far I've made my own.  Although they are in no way as good as some, I'd be happy to make you one.  :D 

3. You can do some poking around on your computer and see if it allows you to edit and write text on saved pictures. 

51 minutes ago, Mistbornwithakitty said:

Ahhh!  I too had this very problem.  You have a couple options actually.....

1. You can commission a cover from someone on Wattpad.  I've personally never done this before, but it's not supposed to be that hard and doesn't cost actual money. 

2.  I can make the cover for you, if you'd like.  My computer is able to put text on images and slightly edit, so thus far I've made my own.  Although they are in no way as good as some, I'd be happy to make you one.  :D 

3. You can do some poking around on your computer and see if it allows you to edit and write text on saved pictures. 

Cool! Thanks! :D I'll look into options...once I figure out what sort of cover would work best. If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful. 

Before I go into my presidential debate rant, I would like to add that I would love it if you could put your story on Wattpad. :)

So for any of you not watching this horror show, Trump just basically said that he probably will not accept the outcome of this race if he loses. I cannot express how much this appalls me. All of America's transitions from president to president have been peaceful so far. I've been studying American history this year, and the fact that the first few transitions went smoothly is a miracle. After that they became routine, but that Trump is willing to upset that if he doesn't win is disgusting. For some reason, this disturbs me even more than when the video of him pretty much admitting to sexual assault came out. (And I was pretty shocked then.) You'd think I wouldn't be surprised any more when he says something despicable, but this . . . this is just awful.

10 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Before I go into my presidential debate rant, I would like to add that I would love it if you could put your story on Wattpad. :)

So for any of you not watching this horror show, Trump just basically said that he probably will not accept the outcome of this race if he loses. I cannot express how much this appalls me. All of America's transitions from president to president have been peaceful so far. I've been studying American history this year, and the fact that the first few transitions went smoothly is a miracle. After that they became routine, but that Trump is willing to upset that if he doesn't win is disgusting. For some reason, this disturbs me even more than when the video of him pretty much admitting to sexual assault came out. (And I was pretty shocked then.) You'd think I wouldn't be surprised any more when he says something despicable, but this . . . this is just awful.

Right now, I'm thinking I will, once I've gotten the summary and cover taken care of. :)

As for Trump: I was at work when he said that, and so I only learned about it just now, but....storms. Two hundred years of peacefully conceding to the winner, and he wants to flush it down the toilet for the sake of his ego. I'm just stunned. Without getting too political, I am aabsolutely appalled. I don't want to live in a world where he's president. :mellow: