Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

On 10/22/2016 at 2:32 AM, Edgedancer said:

So your dog thinks she's a superior being and that everyone should obey her very whims?

Yes.  And she likes to chase the laser pointer.

On 10/22/2016 at 3:58 AM, Zathoth said:

Leia is secretly a cat in a dog mecha.

That would be a neat trick, given that I've had her since she was a tiny puppy and I watched her grow.

On 10/22/2016 at 7:21 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

He'll recover when others adore him. He likes attention. And food. :ph34r: 

Heh. He'll get plenty of that. Leia's not too bad with other dogs so long as they leave her be. She might get a little growly if he gets too rowdy, but she's all bluff.

The latest episode of the new MacGyver has me sorely disappointed.  The writers are idiots.  How are these people still employed?

8 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

The latest episode of the new MacGyver has me sorely disappointed.  The writers are idiots.  How are these people still employed?

Well, you have to consider that all they had to work with was three pieces of used tape, four hundred uncooked noodles, a chainsaw and some bubble gum.

31 minutes ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

But they turned the physics lesson into an actiom movie! They have killed the soul of MacGyver!:angry:

For years, I thought MacGuyver wasn't a real thing, just a joke from the Simpsons.

Then I found out he was Col Jack O'Neil and, to be totally honest, I'm still not sure how to react to that. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Delightful said:

You know you've been spending too much time around @TwiLyghtSansSparkles When

a) you have a dream in which you are best friends with Bruce Wayne Batpug

B) "pansy Parkinson, who had a face like a pug...." 

oh so she's adorable then? 

She must've had a smile that could melt a heart of stone. Though she was probably quite the snorer. :P

4 hours ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

But they turned the physics lesson into an actiom movie! They have killed the soul of MacGyver!:angry:

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep getting the science wrong. So very wrong.

3 hours ago, Quiver said:

For years, I thought MacGuyver wasn't a real thing, just a joke from the Simpsons.

Then I found out he was Col Jack O'Neil and, to be totally honest, I'm still not sure how to react to that. :mellow:

See, for me, back in the day it was finding out that the new Stargate show was going to be starring MacGyver. And I wasn't too sure how to feel about that. (Spoiler alert: it was awesome. And so is the classic MacGyver.)

9 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep getting the science wrong. So very wrong.

See, for me, back in the day it was finding out that the new Stargate show was going to be starring MacGyver. And I wasn't too sure how to feel about that. (Spoiler alert: it was awesome. And so is the classic MacGyver.)

Headcanon: Jack O'Neil is MacGuyver using a different identity (for reasons)?

...though, I started watching SG-1 when Jack was replaced by Mitchell, and when Vala was on the team, and Teal'c had hair.

Early Stargate looks odd to me.

Today I had a very educational lecture (it's a C++ course). It got rid of some false beliefs I had.

Anyway, the lecturer said:

Remember, in your program you're gods. You can do anything. Although, I mean gods like the Norse gods who had divine powers but did not had control over fate. Similarly, the operating system is limiting your actions.

That actually sparked an idea for a story... Something akin to the "True Names" by Vernon Vinge.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Today I had a very educational lecture (it's a C++ course). It got rid of some false beliefs I had.

That actually sparked an idea for a story... Something akin to the "True Names" by Vernon Vinge.

Would i get complete power over you if tou told me your true name? 

#Eragonquote

48 minutes ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

Would i get complete power over you if tou told me your true name? 

#Eragonquote

Why are you not quoting Earthsea? There's a ton of better books with True Name implemented and you chose Eragon.

BTW, Vinge's "True Names" is cyberpunk before cyberpunk was born.
To quote its TVTropes page:

But while it was nominated for both the Hugo and Nebula awards, it remained a bit of a cult classic, and credit for many of its ideas are often mistakenly attributed to later but better-known works by William Gibson or Neal Stephenson.

Oh, and I recommend it. It's good.

Edited by Oversleep

19 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Why are you not quoting Earthsea? There's a ton of better books with True Name implemented and you chose Eragon.

BTW, Vinge's "True Names" is cyberpunk before cyberpunk was born.
To quote its TVTropes page:

Oh, and I recommend it. It's good.

I did not know what Earthsea was, and i've only ever read one series with true names whitch is the Eragon series. Long sigh... my life is sad:mellow:

2 minutes ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

I did not know what Earthsea was, and i've only ever read one series with true names whitch is the Eragon series. Long sigh... my life is sad:mellow:

Do yourself a favor and read The Kingkiller Chronicles... and Dresden Files... and I haven't read Earthsea, but read that too.

3 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Just wait till you code a module for Linux kernel. Then you'll have UNLIMITED POWAAAAA <insert Palpatine here> ;)