Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

13 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Ok people! I need some new music. What do you have for me?

stuff I have that I like includes echo smith, one republic, the script, some Lindsey Stirling, Taylor swift, Coldplay, ed Sheehan, fallout boy, imagine dragons, little mix, RWBY soundtrack. Willing to try new stuff too but not heavy dubstep or "I left you why can't I come back to you" style pathetic love songs. 

Thanks awesome people :D 

Try Dawes. They're my favorite band. Sort of SoCal, Americana Soul rock. 

Edited by bleeder

24 minutes ago, Delightful said:

stuff I have that I like includes echo smith, one republic, the script, some Lindsey Stirling, Taylor swift, Coldplay, ed Sheehan, fallout boy, imagine dragons, little mix, RWBY soundtrack. Willing to try new stuff too but not heavy dubstep or "I left you why can't I come back to you" style pathetic love songs. 

If you like country, you might like Kacey Musgraves. She generally steers clear of stereotypical things like mooning over bad breakups and whatnot. Try "Good Ol' Boys Club," "Dime Store Cowgirl," or "Follow Your Arrow" to start. 

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

If you like country, you might like Kacey Musgraves. She generally steers clear of stereotypical things like mooning over bad breakups and whatnot. Try "Good Ol' Boys Club," "Dime Store Cowgirl," or "Follow Your Arrow" to start. 

See, Twilyght agrees.

Listen to the Green Arrow's suggestions.:ph34r:

Just now, Oversleep said:

It is, it is, it is!!!!

This is fantastic.

Young Justice deserves the chance to finish it's story. Nut as a comic book fan, I'm intrigued. Young Justice was responsible for popularising a lot of characters - Artemis and Miss Martian especially- who are now making their way into other media.

Will be interesting go see what the show does with that...

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

Okay. I know you already got a bunch of responses, but if you have time later, look up Dodie Clark on YouTube. She is amazing and her first EP is coming out soon. A few of my personal favorites:

Spoiler

:D 

@Delightful I agree with @AnanasSpren about Celtic Woman if you want some Irish goodness. I'd also check out the High Kings or Celtic Thunder if you like Irish stuff.

If you're into acapella, I'd suggest Peter Hollens on youtube. He's got a wide selection of genres, all in acapella. He's seriously talented.

I am...far too excitable. I tend to flit from topic to topic pointlessly, and when I find something I like, gush and imitate until the next thing comes along.

Current expression of that:

'Steins;Gate is so cool. I wish I could make a visual novel!'

8 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I am...far too excitable. I tend to flit from topic to topic pointlessly, and when I find something I like, gush and imitate until the next thing comes along.

Current expression of that:

'Steins;Gate is so cool. I wish I could make a visual novel!'

have you ever watched Welcome to the NHK?

16 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Just came to mind with you talking about making a VN.

I should probably research on before I know if the comparision is flattering or not.:P

Seriously. Damnation. I can track my resurgence in anime interest to a few series I watched lately.

3 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I should probably research on before I know if the comparision is flattering or not.:P

Seriously. Damnation. I can track my resurgence in anime interest to a few series I watched lately.

It wasn't meant as a comparison to your person but if you want to take it as such, then no it wouldn't be a compliment. Don't think of yourself as a Satou.

Just now, bleeder said:

...I see. 

Would "noodulus" be an acceptable fake-Latin substitute for the word "noodle"? Because there is no word for "noodle" in Latin.

Yup, nothing more behind it, he told people as what condiment he sees them and I went with mine. :P

I think the first u makes it a bit too awkward to say, unless you make an effort too pronounce it as silly as possible, in which case...  well played, sir.

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

It wasn't meant as a comparison to your person but if you want to take it as such, then no it wouldn't be a compliment. Don't think of yourself as a Satou.

Just wiki'd. I git as far as 'Parasitic, socially withdrawn, hikkimori'. Had to Google the last one, but I regret to say:

Maximum Satou has been achieved.

You know when it starts raining inside you? A heavy rain beating down among the streetlights like a ballet dancer with a broken ankle tripping over the stage. When the inner soundtrack consists mostly of Chet Baker and Leonard Cohen and you go on monologues consisting mostly of similies. While you may not smoke or drink you are suddenly full of both whisky and tobacco. All color has been washed away from the world by the rain and incoming night.

And then she walks in, legs for hours and despite the lack of color you can tell she is dressed in red.

I keep finding myself in that rain.