Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

Immediately made me think of Julian Smith's song

, which I listen to regularly on my headphones and have a very hard time resisting the urge to belt it out when I'm in public.

I'm 21 and like several of Depeche Mode's songs. Have I restored your faith in humanity?

XD I love Wesley! He starts out pompous, pretentious, and annoying, but he undergoes significant character growth as the show goes on. But he never stops being funny.

Yes.  :ph34r:

Wesley is that fantastic comic relief who grows slowly as a character to the point where you don't notice that he's getting hot until he clubs you over the head with his suddenly scruffy hotness.

And then you go back and watch his first episode and it's soooo jarring.

Yours was also highly entertaining! I Googled the song and was pleased as punch to discover that the guy who wrote it is also the guy who wrote "Still Alive" from the Portal end credits. Love that song! (Weird fact, though: the first time I ever heard it was while playing Rock Band 2; it's one of the downloadable songs.)

Jonathan Coulton is amazing.  Someday, the Universe will strike with perfect serendipity and the randomizer in my car will play "Ikea" just as I am driving past Ikea.

That happens to me whenever someone has ninja'd me on a post.  Oh, also, that little pop-up that says, "Click here to load new posts?"  Yeah, that never works.

I confirm, it's exactly as it happens to me.

EDIT:

I drank the coffee through dark chocolate I was chewing, then I threw five ice cubes into (another) cup and filled with cola. Exams, here I come!

Edited by Oversleep

While I'm not sick of the music on my phone, I find myself longing for something new. Anyone have any suggestions? I like pretty much everything except the songs I don't like, so I'm kind of open to anything here. 

Aside from my usual, obvious, and quite frankly at this point tedious suggestion, have you ever heard of CHVRCHES?

While I'm not sick of the music on my phone, I find myself longing for something new. Anyone have any suggestions? I like pretty much everything except the songs I don't like, so I'm kind of open to anything here. 

Take a look at my Spotify profile, I'm not sure you'll like anything you'll find there, but who knows? https://open.spotify.com/user/1170113227

If you don't use Spotify, I'd suggest checking out Nightwish, their 2 most recent albums: Imaginarium and Endless Forms Most Beautiful. Also Delain, Within Temptation, Nemesea and Lacuna Coil. After that, you'll know if Gothic/Symphonic Metal is something you like :P

If you like Soundtracks and Soundrack-like music, then Two Steps From Hell and practically every known soundtrack composer has something for you. Also soundtracks from games are better than one might expect, my favorites are Witcher 3 (a lot of Slavic folk with varied pacing) and Anno 1404 (medieval/oriental). If you like medieval/oriental then soundtrack from the movie Kingdom of Heaven is just amazing...

I also like listening to birds, rain and any other natural ambient sounds...  :ph34r:

Edited by Mestiv

Update: Things are getting better. My advisor has spoken to him, and he seems to be recognizing the validity of our cause. In addition, I contacted the foundation and our liaison is writing a letter explaining why what we're doing is important and such. If things continue as they are, next year won't be an issue. :D

That's great! I hope it's resolved soon.

Although part of me was hoping to see that guy go to jail or get attacked by a vigilante or something...

That's great! I hope it's resolved soon.

Although part of me was hoping to see that guy go to jail or get attacked by a vigilante or something...

How about a vigilante double-team?

15hp2c.jpg

(But seriously, good luck getting everything resolved.)

Take a look at my Spotify profile, I'm not sure you'll like anything you'll find there, but who knows? https://open.spotify.com/user/1170113227

If you don't use Spotify, I'd suggest checking out Nightwish, their 2 most recent albums: Imaginarium and Endless Forms Most Beautiful. Also Delain, Within Temptation, Nemesea and Lacuna Coil. After that, you'll know if Gothic/Symphonic Metal is something you like :P

If you like Soundtracks and Soundrack-like music, then Two Steps From Hell and practically every known soundtrack composer has something for you. Also soundtracks from games are better than one might expect, my favorites are Witcher 3 (a lot of Slavic folk with varied pacing) and Anno 1404 (medieval/oriental). If you like medieval/oriental then soundtrack from the movie Kingdom of Heaven is just amazing...

I also like listening to birds, rain and any other natural ambient sounds...  :ph34r:

I have a few songs by Within Temptation and early 2000s Nightwish (back when Tarja was still the lead singer) so I definitely like symphonic metal. :P I'll have to check out some of those other bands, though. :ph34r: 

So, hey, Gravity Falls question, curious if this theory was ever raised by anyone.

Remember Ghosteyes? Gideon's prison cellmate with no pupils?

Was he possessed by the Lumberjack Ghost from Nothwest Mansion Noir? I mean... they have the same voice actor, and the 'Ghost' part of the name...

Twi, what music to you usually listen to? I find myself in exactly the same boat as you. I don't even know where to start looking for new music.

Music I like? I mean, really, I'll listen to a song from Hamilton, followed by a country song, an alt-rock song, a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and finished off with "La Bibbi Da Bibbi Dum." If I like it, I'll listen to it; and if I don't like it, I'll skip it. 

On another note, I think I can finally articulate why I have no desire to see Cursed Child. It….might seem kind of petty. :mellow: 

Could you give me some random recommendations please?

What's the plot of it anyway?

Let's see, in no particular order…..

"Yorktown"—Hamilton soundtrack 

"Somewhere with You"—Kenny Chesney 

"Follow Your Arrow"—Kacey Musgraves 

"1985"—Bowling for Soup

"Centuries," "Immortals," "The Phoenix"—Fall Out Boy

"Californication"—Red Hot Chili Peppers 

"Shut Up and Dance"—Walk the Moon

"Circus for a Psycho"—Skillet 

"Desires," "Godspeed," "Retrace"—Anberlin

"Dream On"—Aerosmith 

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World"—Tears for Fears 

"Girls Just Want to Have Fun"—Cyndi Lauper 

"Here is Gone"—Goo Goo Dolls 

"LA Devotee"—Panic! at the Disco 

I have more, but in the interest of space, I'll stop there. :P 

From Goodreads: 

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places.