Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

2 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Not so fun fact about Warsaw:

When you walk around town you can track outlines of Jewish Ghetto from WW II thanks to marks like this one running through the city:

20160708_223423.jpg

That's rather depressing...

Maybe this list of funny Wifi network names I've seen around my city will lighten the mood a bit:

Nighthawk

Not Your Wifi

Eyjafjallajokull (yes, I can spell that without looking it up, thanks to its highly publicized eruption a few years ago)

Are Belong To Us

LG Smart Refrigerator

Buffy:

Spoiler

Well, I'm watching it. Season 4 Episode 10, "Hush." I'll admit, hearing the story behind this one (Whedon had been criticized one too many times for relying on clever dialogue, so he decided to prove his critics wrong by writing an episode with almost no dialogue) is one thing that enticed me into watching the show. 

And I must say, it's pretty fantastic so far. 

EDIT: Oh my gosh, Giles does the most hilariously horrifying slide shows ever. :lol: 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

Eyjafjallajokull (yes, I can spell that without looking it up, thanks to its highly publicized eruption a few years ago)

Nitpick: It's Eyjafjallajökull. Ö and O are completely different letters, even if they look almost the same.

1 hour ago, Morzathoth said:

Maybe the left of my laptop will brighten up the mood.

Too many books.

Reveal hidden contents

IMAG0009.jpg

Of course you have a huge horror book there. It's practically your bloodright. :P

Edit: Get it?

Edited by Master Elodin

@Eki unfortunately my American keyboard does not have the umlauted characters. But in all honesty even if it did I would not have thought to use it in this instance because I didn't recall seeing the umlauted spelling in the news reports.

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

@Eki unfortunately my American keyboard does not have the umlauted characters. But in all honesty even if it did I would not have thought to use it in this instance because I didn't recall seeing the umlauted spelling in the news reports.

Yeah, I think most news reports in English made the same simplification.

You might have a ¨ key though, that can be used to create an ö.

It's also common to exchange an ö for oe, but I'm not sure if that works for Icelandic.

1 minute ago, Sunbird said:

I know a keyboard shortcut for Macs to umlaut letters, but I have a PC and have usually resorted to copypasta when I've needed them for assignments in my German classes.

It's Opt+U on Macs, maybe Alt+U on PC?

With the fancy symbols, if you weren't already using it, you can use the Character Map program (a built in thing in Windows) to look at all the different symbols, and copy them across. 

12 hours ago, Quiver said:

Yeah, that's Black Adam for sure. Looks like the New 52 version; the hood is a fairly recent addition to the look.

The eyes... I dunno. Trinity War, Pandora's Box? No idea. Certainly an odd little thing though.

Oh that's supposed to be the hood.:mellow:

6 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

I have some Pokemons.

They are pretty Pokemons.

Mine.

Would readying the Snag Machine be too mean right now? Pretty sure it would be, so for now I'm just envious of her pretty Pokemons.:ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Would readying the Snag Machine be too mean right now? Pretty sure it would be, so for now I'm just envious of her pretty Pokemons.:ph34r:

Absolutely not. It is not fair that we should have to wait to catch pretty Pokemons.