Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

51 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

Mine goes something like

Paint a major building, preferably the white house, hot pink
Build a Rube Goldberg machine
If one and two can possibly be combined, do it.

Use a Rube Goldberg machine to paint the White House hot pink!

2 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

Find out at what temperature M&Ms melt!

I remember reading somewhere that chocolate melts at about the human body temperature--98.6 Fahrenheit. Which makes sense, since chocolate melts when you put it in your mouth or if you hold it in your hand for too long.

So....with this new costume.  I'm making this from the ground up, right down to the corset and chemise.  And I was wondering...is there any interest in me documenting the project and creating some How I Did It posts in my cosplay thread?

6 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

So....with this new costume.  I'm making this from the ground up, right down to the corset and chemise.  And I was wondering...is there any interest in me documenting the project and creating some How I Did It posts in my cosplay thread?

Yes!

24 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

If you're wondering why you got two notifications saying this post got downvoted, it's because I wanted to upvote it three times. Do it!

11 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

If you're wondering why you got two notifications saying this post got downvoted, it's because I wanted to upvote it three times. Do it!

I've been wondering what notification someone gets when a post is downvoted and then immediately upvoted by the same person or vice versa. Has this happened to anyone yet?

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I've been wondering what notification someone gets when a post is downvoted and then immediately upvoted by the same person or vice versa. Has this happened to anyone yet?

I'm not quite sure. I can test this at some point but I've been pretty busy.

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

The board doesn't seem to notify for downvotes, so I'm not sure there's much to see other than "you got rep".

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Does someone wanna downvote me and then upvote and I'll see?
I promise to report back on my results. :P

No need. I can confirm that the forum does not notify when you get a downvote.

Also, @Kaymyth, you should absolutely document the process of creating your latest cosplay!

56 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Yes!

37 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

16 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

Also, @Kaymyth, you should absolutely document the process of creating your latest cosplay!

OK, then. :) 

Now, this isn't going to be a step-by-step of the patterns.  I don't feel like I could add much of value just parroting off what the pattern instructions say.  Rather, this is going to be how I do things that aren't already explained in the given instructions (or how I totally change/ignore those instructions), along with extra things that I do.  I want to feel like I'm giving you information that you couldn't easily get just from attempting to do it yourself.

Edited to add:  I might also try to do wings.  I think I've got the time to attempt to pull off a relatively simple open/close mechanism.

Edited by Kaymyth

Just now, Quiver said:

@Kaymyth Looking forward to the thread!

Everyone else...

...I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry.

I've started watching Teen Titans Go.

I kind of like it.

help 

As long as it's only kind of, there is hope for you! Quick, you must bind a bezoar to your throat and stand at a tree in the river bend, naked in a barrel of eels, and when the moon is full, take the bezoar and bury it in the trees roots and thus all shall be cured!

......I'm not telling you how long I've been waiting to pull that one out my sleeve. :ph34r: 

Just now, Delightful said:

As long as it's only kind of, there is hope for you! Quick, you must bind a bezoar to your throat and stand at a tree in the river bend, naked in a barrel of eels, and when the moon is full, take the bezoar and bury it in the trees roots and thus all shall be cured!

......I'm not telling you how long I've been waiting to pull that one out my sleeve. :ph34r: 

Note that this cure only works if you have a friend standing by taking video of the whole thing. When they post it to YouTube then, and only then, will the cure be complete. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Delightful said:

Is...is that a reference to something? Order you just really into herbal remedies?

It probably helps that the episodes I've seen have been Best Titan (Raven) focused. Besides Raven being awesome, she's also Twilight Sparkle, so, you know. Bias. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Is...is that a reference to something? Order you just really into herbal remedies?

It probably helps that the episodes I've seen have been Best Titan (Raven) focused. Besides Raven being awesome, she's also Twilight Sparkle, so, you know. Bias. :ph34r:

It's a mix of Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and general weird-Mediaval cures pure fabulousness. :D

Edited by Delightful

9 minutes ago, Delightful said:

It's a mix of Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and general weird-Mediaval cures pure fabulousness. :D

Hah.

Artemis Fowl was a fun book.^_^ Think I read the first three or four in that series...

1 minute ago, Quiver said:

Hah.

Artemis Fowl was a fun book.^_^ Think I read the first three or four in that series...

They're great :)

one of my favourite lines was from the demon book, when Artemis meets a girl of equal intelligence. He gets back to Butler who makes some comment like "so how did actually meeting a girl your own age go?" And without missing a beat Artemis replies "we're planning a July wedding" and then goes back to talking business. 

They're great :)

one of my favourite lines was from the demon book, when Artemis meets a girl of equal intelligence. He gets back to Butler who makes some comment like "so how did actually meeting a girl your own age go?" And without missing a beat Artemis replies "we're planning a July wedding" and then goes back to talking business. 

...Yeah, didn't read that far in the series, I'm afraid. :P And I'm sure I was young enough at the time to be offended.

Don't step on my Fowlly ship!

(That's Artemis +Holly, right?)

24 minutes ago, Quiver said:

...Yeah, didn't read that far in the series, I'm afraid. :P And I'm sure I was young enough at the time to be offended.

Don't step on my Fowlly ship!

(That's Artemis +Holly, right?)

It never really turned into a ship I think. 

I used to ship Artemis and Holly but...she's too old for him.  IIRC, he starts off at 12 and she's a police officer.  Sure she's young, but not that young. 

I think at one point I might have shipped Foaly* (?) and Holly. 

* the tinfoil hat tech genius centaur. 

Edited by Delightful

It never really turned into a ship I think. 

I used to ship Artemis and Holly but...she's too old for him.  IIRC, he starts off at 12 and she's a police officer.  Sure she's young, but not that young. 

Iwas a kidatthe time, so that's my excuse.:P

In all honesty, immortality makes romances...weird. And I rather liked them as begrudgingly respectful enemies, so...

1 minute ago, Quiver said:

Iwas a kidatthe time, so that's my excuse.:P

In all honesty, immortality makes romances...weird. And I rather liked them as begrudgingly respectful enemies, so...

Yes. That is definitely the best Holly-Artemis relationship.