Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

Questions when lunch is in three hours: "Can you extend my computer session?"

Questions when lunch is in five minutes: "Can you show me how to use a computer?"

Questions when lunch is NOW:  "Can you help me find a book?  I think it might be blue."

You know you've allowed The Emperor's New Groove into your heart and soul when you not only know who said the line, but the line that preceded it, the line that followed, and you picture the scene in your head the second you read the line in question. :mellow:

Which line? :ph34r:

You know you've allowed The Emperor's New Groove into your heart and soul when you not only know who said the line, but the line that preceded it, the line that followed, and you picture the scene in your head the second you read the line in question. :mellow:

I...might be approaching that state of being with the Roundtable Rival music video.

Maybe.  :ph34r:

What kind of phrases?

I know Aramaic. I can help with this. ;)

It doesn't even have to be complicated.

Hay lachma anya du achalu avhatana be'ara de'mitsrayim. Kol dichfin yesey veyechol. Kol ditzrich yesey veyifsach.

(This is the bread of affliction our ancestors ate in Egypt. All who are hungry, let them come and eat. All who are in need, let them come celebrate Passover with us).

That could sound appropriately dramatic. And is (I think?) a meaning Twimom might actually approve of. :P

Edited by Delightful

Well, you could always do what my sister did. She was three, and decided to invent a new letter of the alphabet, so she drew a scribble and named it Clicker.

Ive done the same XD Im actually trying to make something that might just work right now though... may be mildly inspired by hangul, because I really like hangul...

It doesn't even have to be complicated.

Hay lachma anya du achalu avhatana be'ara de'mitsrayim. Kol dichfin yesey veyechol. Kol ditzrich yesey veyisfach.

(This is the bread of affliction our ancestors ate in Egypt. All who are hungry, let them come and eat. All who are in need, let them come celebrate Passover with us).

That could sound appropriately dramatic. And is (I think?) a meaning Twimom might actually approve of. :P

It would be. Judaism and Passover are two items on the short list of things she approves of.

That's pomegranate?

This is so fascinating.

I've also heard, not sure if it's correct, that the fruit is called ananas in every language except English, in which it's called pineapple. Does that hold true in Polish and German?

Well, in Brazilian portuguese we generally call it abacaxi though there is a variety called ananas. It also might just be regionalism calling it abacaxi:wacko: