The 17S 4 Discussion Thread

Chaos

Edit: If you saw what I said, ignore it, I was wrong about the activity streams. I doubt that having a bunch of streams creates a significant amount of work for the server, though.

jW

Edited by Jondesu

Interesting. Looks like the Ctrl-A shortcut gets broken by the quotes inside the editor. In a few tests it seems to work fine as long as I am not quoting anyone in the beginning of my reply. As long as I start my reply with regular text and then add the quote, Ctra-A seems to work as expected. 

In addition to this, I noticed that Ctrl-L no longer creates hyperlinks - which makes me really sad, as I use those all the time. Hopefully there is another shortcut I can find that still works.

1 hour ago, Dunkum said:

the one I created, 14, is a copy of 5, except clicking sends you to first unread post in the topic, instead of top of the page(edit: also only shows topics.  forgot I added that filter).  It seems like the admins would want to limit how many of these can be created, or else they might get a bit out of control if every user creates their own.  though I wonder if different users creating identical streams will actually create separate copies or just point to the same one(eg if someone created the same stream as mine, would their link be 14, the same as mine, or something else)

You should not fret about such things. 

Users will be able to make as many custom streams as they desire. This is not an issue.

27 minutes ago, Wychmire said:

I can't seem to edit or hyperlink on mobile. I click save/insert and nothing happens.

It works fine for me. What phone, OS, and Browser? 

33 minutes ago, Charlie.x.3000 said:

Is there an option to change the display font size? It feels smaller than the old version, and zooming up doesn't cause it to redo the font size.

No user facing option for this, no. It might be something we consider.

1 minute ago, Sunbird said:

Ok, so I just got this message when I attempted to give Mistrunner an upvote a little while ago...

69f6ky.jpg

Can anyone explain what this means?

You probably hit your daily quota of positive reputation you can give out.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

You probably hit your daily quota of positive reputation you can give out.

@Chaos I don't have a screenshot of it but just yesterday I hit my quota and the message was different - it said something about "You can only give out 16 upvotes a day" or something like that. It is the first time I've hit my quota and I chuckled at the choice of 16 (I assumed it was based on Preservation's use of that number). So, either the message is different depending on where you are trying to give upvotes or it might be a different issue than the quota. Just providing some feedback in hopes of helping.

20 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

Just disproved that theory by upvoting this post.

Is it just that one Mistrunner post? Please supply direct link to said post as well

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

It works fine for me. What phone, OS, and Browser? 

Kindle Fire, I'll check, Silk. Because for some reason Amazon won't let you download other browsers :(

Edited by Wychmire

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Is it just that one Mistrunner post? Please supply direct link to said post as well

I believe this is the direct link to that post.

Funny thing is, now the post shows that I have given it an upvote, without my attempting again since the error message. I guess it was a temporary glitch, possibly caused by my home wifi cutting out?

I was also able to upvote one of Mistrunner's other posts just now without a problem.

Edited by Sunbird

5 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

Testing Subscript:Does this work Mailliw?

Testing Superscript: Up high

[/sup]EDIT: Yup: Just do the normal sup and sub. 

[sup]superscript[/sup]   [sub]Subscript[/sub]

Ah, okay. I've never actually used code for that one.

2 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

I use mobile enough that I just got into the habit of always manually typing everything out. I used to have it in my signature, but i was too lazy to reformat it after the update. Besides, i like this new signature. :P

I do too, I just never had to use those two often, so when I did, it always came up while I was on desktop.

5 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

I use mobile enough that I just got into the habit of always manually typing everything out. I used to have it in my signature, but i was too lazy to reformat it after the update. Besides, i like this new signature. :P

I am also in the habit of typing out all the BBCode myself, but that's because I don't like having to take one hand off the keyboard to use the mouse and click the formatting buttons. Also, I used to frequent a few forums that had Quick Reply boxes that had no formatting buttons, so I just learned the basic BBCode tags that I use most often so I wasn't handicapped without the formatting buttons.

Random somewhat-related note: I get kind of annoyed typing book reviews on GoodReads since that site uses HTML instead of BBCode and the <> keys for the HTML tags are not as convenient to reach as the [] keys.

I must say, I honestly liked the old profile pages better. I dislike how the User Activity feed dominates the new profile page, while all the useful info is shunted off to the side, making it so much scrolling is necessary to see anything about X user. 

Edited by Slowswift
Cleaned it up a bit