Ym's Story

Sam Script

So I would try to describe this because I don't have the original English version on my hand, here it is:

In WoR, Ym once told the little boy that Iriali should not accept the concept of god something because they belong to a long way/trip(?)

And he said that Roshar is the 4th Continent, also they would eventually get to 7th Continent and become ONE.

So this is pretty weird... I can hardly understand how much did Ym know about Cosmere? And WHAT was going on about his story?

Does that mean Iriali once had an worldhopping exodus or anything else crazy?

Any ideas???

Humans are not native to Roshar, so at some point, their ancestors all worldhopped to get there. (Or they were created by Cultivation and Honor, but I don't think so.) We don't know how or when, but it seems likely to me that Cultivation and Honor brought them there. If Ym's religion is based on knowledge about the Cosmere... who knows? Probably.

There Irali's history is about multiple exodus and it's a common theory they comes from other Shardworld.

Someone noticed also another cool think about Ym's Story.

If you take the Ten Essences chart you may easly notice how the forth essence "Lucentia" (light) has as body Focus the eyes... It's a strong correlation with Roshar's Stormlight and Surgebinder's eyes.

This detail began a theory about the Ten Essences chart talked about the ten Shardworlds and their magical features.

I asked this to mister sanderson:

Q:Are the Ten Essence related to the Ten Shardworld's Form-of-Investiture ?
A:  They are not as related as philosophers from ancient days, who created those tables, thought that they were.

This mean that in their origin the Roshar's philosophers have at least some Cosmere's knowledge... They may made error but probably there are good parts in them.

Returning to your question (i just checked on the web because my book isn't in english) Ym talked about "fourth land"/"seventh land" and the seventh land is :

Zircon Tallow Oil All oils Wise Careful

Someone think it would be Yolen but it's hard to say.

Edited by Yata

15 minutes ago, Eki said:

Humans are not native to Roshar, so at some point, their ancestors all worldhopped to get there. (Or they were created by Cultivation and Honor, but I don't think so.) 

Well I believe mankind in Roshar are created. As Rosharans are called "Sons of Honor", but I might gradually change my mind.

We've been confirmed that there is at least one race experiencing exodus in history in TWoK. What Ym said... It's really weird, is it fine to think it of directly clues?

His story sounds more of a religion.

To be Honest I always thought that mankind on Roshar were taken there

I can't be sure if whatever they came... they was created by Honor or another Shard

Edited by Yata

To me,Ym's story felt more like a hint at the reason for the shattering of Adonalsium - that by being divided it could gain new experiences that it otherwise couldn't so that when it reforms, it has a greater wealth of experience.

• Chaos locked this topic