Question

1 minute ago, djammmer said:

Good point.

However is Harmony actually stronger, or just perceived stronger by odium (being that he never held 2 shards before.)  I perceive that that 1+1<2 in the case of Harmony; as he can't do everything Ruin could once do, nor everything Preservation could once do... as he is now balanced between them.

Thanks. I do agree it might not be a 1 to 1 ratio, but in looking for the WoB i mentioned, I found these two concerning your post and oversleep's:

SHADOWSABER223 ()

If Odium were lured to Scadrial, would his physical body turn into a burnable metal? If so, could Harmony create an Odium-metal legion of Mistings to consume and burn it? Would that weaken him sufficiently enough to be killed or destroyed?

BRANDON SANDERSON

The difficulty here is, again, one of Identity. People born on Scadrial have an Identity tied to it and its magic. Odium would have to do certain things to make them able to use a magic he fuels. He has done these things on Roshar, so it's not impossible for him to manage it on Scadrial.

@Oversleep I took that to mean Brandon was referring to Odium investing on Roshar. Could there be something else he did if it wasn't investing?

BRANDON SANDERSON

They were two shards.

Yes, one entity can hold more than one. Remember that holding a shard changes you, over time. Rayse knows this, and prefers to leave behind destroyed rivals as opposed to taking their power and potentially being overwhelmed by it.

so yes Rayse never held two, nor does he ever want to hold more than one shard. So unless he can get rid of Harmony, he will always be at a handicap persay. 

I didn't mean that Odium did not Invest - I just think he Invested as lightly as he could (BTW, IIRC Odium Invested in Braize, not Roshar) while Harmony is Invested very heavily.

Anyway, I suspect that when it comes to Shards, raw power is not everything. There is also skill, knowledge and experience. When compared to original Shardholders, Sazed may have more raw strength, but lacks in other fields.
I think that's why Harmony is being blocked from learning more about cosmere by Trell, so that Sazed would be kept in dark.

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I didn't mean that Odium did not Invest - I just think he Invested as lightly as he could (BTW, IIRC Odium Invested in Braize, not Roshar) while Harmony is Invested very heavily.

Anyway, I suspect that when it comes to Shards, raw power is not everything. There is also skill, knowledge and experience. When compared to original Shardholders, Sazed may have more raw strength, but lacks in other fields.
I think that's why Harmony is being blocked from learning more about cosmere by Trell, so that Sazed would be kept in dark.

Right. Basically the way the convo went was, Odium could be doing it. I stated but isn't he trapped on Braize? Then it was said that the Unmade could be doing it. To which I replied, could a splinter be able to black the information from not only a shard, but the combination of two shards? Then that is where the strength thing came in. Now you are saying Trell is doing it. Which I am fine with. I was just confused by the earlier assertions because from what I know, Odium didn't have the freedom of movement between the oath pact and being invested to do so, and his splinters wouldn't have the power, even if used skillfully, enough to counter Harmony from being aware of the outside cosmere. Another shard maybe, but I feel a splinter is stretching it. 

1 minute ago, Oversleep said:

@Pathfinder, I only use Trell because it's easier to say than "the Shard messing with Harmony on Scadrial". After all, we don't know if Trell isn't Odium actually.

I sorry if I put words you didn't say in your mouth, it was not my intent.

No worries, and I agree using the "term" Trell would be best for now till it is finally confirmed what "Trell" is lol.