about Atium reserves

kelsi

4 hours ago, Landis963 said:

No one.  Rashek made sure to fix that when he set up the Final Empire, though.  

Yeah i get that but surely the Atium must have been somewhere still?

Edited by kelsi
Sorry i came off Rude the first time. it was unintentional

7 hours ago, kelsi said:

Yeah i get that but surely the Atium must have been somewhere still?

I'm sure, but it wasn't as treasured then, since there were far fewer Allomancers, and maybe no Mistborn at all (we don't really know for sure, but Alendi was just a Seeker).  I bet it wasn't being mined at the time, if it worked anything like it did in the Pits of Hathsin, since no one would need to force people through that type of torture to get a metal that didn't do anyone any good.  The advent of Mistborn, or at least them becoming common-ish, would have made Atium into a valuable metal, allowing TLR's scheme to make Ruin think it was available whenever he needed it, while actually keeping it hidden from him.

jW 

Ruin's shardpool was mentioned by Alendi in his journal, on the way to the Well. It seemed pretty deserted then (and on the surface), so probably no one was mining the atium. The only one who would have been interested in it was Ruin himself, and he had to get himself released before the atium mattered to him.

Edit: I see you were the one who asked the same question on the Q&A board, so it seems my answer wasn't that useful to you... Sorry about that!

Edited by Eki

• Chaos locked this topic