Pokemon Go!

Vyree

I get my best ones from eggs. I've been riding my bike a lot it makes hatching eggs so much easier. 

We live in a fairly small city and have a classic American Main Street that honestly people did not go to. That has completely changed its crazy. I've been taking my son their every other night it has tons of pokestops. I'd say there is usually 50-75 people walking around playing PokemonGo. A church even grills hotdogs and hands out waters to players. They have a patio there everyone hangs out and uses lures. There's a new coffee shop that would probably not have made it but lucky for them they are a gym. We go there every time and grab a drink. Something I probably would not have done before. We meet other players every time and chat about tips. This game for all its faults really is brilliant and I think actually doing some good getting people outside and being social. 

I had a very good day, which ended badly. 

Registered a tonne of new pokemon; Scyther, Geodude, Dragonair, Machoke, Slowpoke, Drowzy, Fearow, Vulpix, Gloom, Grimer, AND I FINALLY CAUGHT A GHASTLY (The last two times I attempted, they ran away :()

BTW, most of the ones above are from eggs and evolution and I jumped to level 17.

But to cap it all of, I finally got enough Dratini candy to evolve into a Dragonair, and then somehow ended up evolving the wrong dratini!! <_<, instead of my 389 CP dratini, I evolved my 90CP dratini!

6 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I had a very good day, which ended badly. 

Registered a tonne of new pokemon; Scyther, Geodude, Dragonair, Machoke, Slowpoke, Drowzy, Fearow, Vulpix, Gloom, Grimer, AND I FINALLY CAUGHT A GHASTLY (The last two times I attempted, they ran away :()

BTW, most of the ones above are from eggs and evolution and I jumped to level 17.

But to cap it all of, I finally got enough Dratini candy to evolve into a Dragonair, and then somehow ended up evolving the wrong dratini!! <_<, instead of my 389 CP dratini, I evolved my 90CP dratini!

Solution:  catch more Dratini and have two Dragonairs.

On 2016-08-03 at 3:16 AM, Quiver said:

So, I caught a Paras.

Out of curiosity, I checked Paras and Parasect's pokedex entry and sweet harmony, kill them with fire.

Some Pokémon are really scary, especially the ghost Pokémon of later generations. Oh, and Cubone.

Cubone

On 05/08/2016 at 8:19 AM, Eki said:

Some Pokémon are really scary, especially the ghost Pokémon of later generations. Oh, and Cubone.

Cubone

Well...to be fair quite a few scare me. Any of the fire/electric can kill you instantly (magcargo has a body temp of 10k °F). Any of the grass/poison types can paralyse/poison/deep sleep coma you or just incinerate you with a solarbeam. Rock types can crush you, ground can bury you, psychic can you leave you mentally broken, ghost can steal/eat your spirit, flying can rip you to shreds. Blastoise can apparently shoot water from it's cannons at speeds of up to mach 3 or to cut through solid steel so water is pretty dangerous. Ice can freeze you solid....yeah, super  scary, no matter cute or cool they may be:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

18 minutes ago, AnanasSpren said:

Well...to be fair quite a few scare me. Any of the fire/electric can kill you instantly (magcargo has a body temp of 10k °F). Any of the grass/poison types can paralyse/poison/deep sleep coma you or just incinerate you with a solarbeam. Rock types can crush you, ground can bury you, psychic can you leave you mentally broken, ghost can steal/eat your spirit, flying can rip you to shreds. Blastoise can apparently shoot water from it's cannons at speeds of up to mach 3 or to cut through solid steel so water is pretty dangerous. Ice can freeze you solid....yeah, super  scary, no matter cute or cool they may be:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

But.....poliwag! It's so cute!

23 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Then it's not a poliwag anymore is it :ph34r:

It can learn body slam + several nasty TM moves, blizzard and ice beam included. It's cute alright, so cute it'll freeze you solid so you can stare at its cuteness for call eternity. It's the cute ones you gotta look out for:ph34r:

Although, if we are having pokemon on cuteness alone, I want cyndaquil...I will suffer the 3rd degree burns :D

Edited by AnanasSpren

I've really just started playing a couple days ago. One of the guys at work that I respect loves it, and I figured why not. 

Thing is, my phone only works with wifi, so I have to hunt down wifi first. It's still a lot of fun though :D

So actually... Anyone got any ideas on how to hatch an egg while stuck with the radius of a wifi hotspot? 

I mean I can run around my house in a tight circle, or the library. I'm kinda figuring that I'll load up on eggs, then next time I go to a big mall I'll just leave the app on in my pocket. Any better ideas?

5 hours ago, ScottLeft said:

So actually... Anyone got any ideas on how to hatch an egg while stuck with the radius of a wifi hotspot? 

I mean I can run around my house in a tight circle, or the library. I'm kinda figuring that I'll load up on eggs, then next time I go to a big mall I'll just leave the app on in my pocket. Any better ideas?

If there's a ceiling fan, tie it up then tie it to one of the blades? :o

1 hour ago, AnanasSpren said:

If there's a ceiling fan, tie it up then tie it to one of the blades? :o

If my understanding of how it works is right, that won't do anything.

From what I've heard Pokemon GO only checks your distance once a minute and calculates how far you are from where you were last time it checked. If that amount is beyond a certain distance it assumes you are in a car and doesn't record it, otherwise it adds the distance to your eggs. In other words something that moves a lot but stays in roughly the same location won't help eggs hatch and walking in a circle is similarly ineffective. If you tied it to a fan you might find that it would *gradually* hatch your eggs, but you'd get the same result by leaving it sitting on your bench. Phone GPS's aren't perfectly accurate so it may change where it thinks you are by the time it updates again, resulting in a small amount of distance being added :P

50 minutes ago, Claincy said:

From what I've heard Pokemon GO only checks your distance once a minute and calculates how far you are from where you were last time it checked. If that amount is beyond a certain distance it assumes you are in a car and doesn't record it, otherwise it adds the distance to your eggs. In other words something that moves a lot but stays in roughly the same location won't help eggs hatch and walking in a circle is similarly ineffective. If you tied it to a fan you might find that it would *gradually* hatch your eggs, but you'd get the same result by leaving it sitting on your bench. Phone GPS's aren't perfectly accurate so it may change where it thinks you are by the time it updates again, resulting in a small amount of distance being added :P

Yeah, I figured as much. Explains why my running in a big circle a week or so ago did nothing xD

13 hours ago, Claincy said:

I haven't tried this yet since the update but I was putting my phone in my pocket while playing racquet ball and hatching eggs like crazy. I was moving a lot but only in a small area. I'll try and test this again soon. 

7 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

I haven't tried this yet since the update but I was putting my phone in my pocket while playing racquet ball and hatching eggs like crazy. I was moving a lot but only in a small area. I'll try and test this again soon. 

If I had to guess I'd say you had pretty bad GPS reception in the court so your GPS's horizontal accuracy might have been all over the place. I've seen my phone think I was 40-50 or so metres away when inside some buildings. :)

1 hour ago, StormingTexan said:

Took over my first gym today!! For like 45 seconds.... Learned the hard way you can't defend a gym with a Pokemon you used to take it over. 

Lol, same! My brother and I worked together to claim one (twice) and it never lasted more than maybe 30 seconds. Didn't realize that's why I couldn't leave my best Pokémon to defend it, thanks for pointing that out.

jW

On July 14, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Mestiv said:

I had to "pirate" the app, as it's still not officially available in Europe, but despite that, the city is full of poke stops, gyms and other people playing :) I think I'll get bored after two weeks, but for now it's quite fun :) I caught some fun pokemons, but not Pikachu :< Warsaw is crawling with Rattatas and Pidgeys... they're everywhere :P

Rat tartans and Pidgeys are crousing America, too. It's really quite irritating.

Also, where's my Lucario?

13 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

Took over my first gym today!! For like 45 seconds.... Learned the hard way you can't defend a gym with a Pokemon you used to take it over. 

You can, you just have to be really fast with the potions to heal it, once your Pokemon is at full HP it can be used to defend :) 

Hatched four 5km eggs today.  Two were almost there already, but I put in the extra 5km of walking to hatch the other two (I have two incubators).  Got a Ponyta and a Koffing for the trouble, nothing all that special, but I was a bit proud of myself anyways.

Edit: As you might expect, I am now quite sore (legs especially). Also, Pikachu! :angry: Escaped from a Great Ball, despite Razz Berries, curve balls, "Nice" and "Great" hits...6 times in a row! The only one I've seen, stuck around through all that, then ran away from me. So I still don't have a Pikachu.

jW

Edited by Jondesu