The Thread of Minor Theories

Straw

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

how many years ago Adolnasium was shattered

Not canon, but still WoB. We can assume it's a solid estimate.

As for the amount of desolations, Brandon did say there were way less than 99. With the prevalence of the number 10 on Roshar and Brandon's past with assigning heavy importance to numbers, it makes sense to me that the Last Desolation would be the tenth one.

I'm a fan of wild theories though, as evidenced by all of the ones I've submitted in the last couple of days. lol

Yeah, it would be nice if Brandon would release more information, but it totally makes sense why he doesn't. It would be interesting if someone created a story like this but, instead of a standard narrative, it was told purely through Q&A sessions and the like allowing the followers of the story to uncover it piece by piece. Almost like a team of investigators and anthropologists excavating a historical site in a fantasy world. Slowly uncovering the truth. It's kind of how I feel being on this forum, but with many questioned RAFO'd, increasing both my frustration and anticipation.

• 6 months later...

A little Necro from me but my theory is to small for it´s own thread. I hope it wasn´t proposed before and i just overlooked it...

Basicly i believe Venli had found and assumed Smokeform, before she talked with Eshonai about Stormform. We know she had the task of finding a form for diplomacy with the humans. "Smokeform for hiding and slipping between men. A form of power, like human Surges." from this i´m thinking of the Listener equivalent of Lightweaving, so you can look like you want to, with this they could potentially start a dialog with the humans without fear of being killed when seen. Other parts of the description of Smokefor state "Do we dare to wear this form again? It spies" and "Formed from shadow—and death is near. It lies", i guess Venli interpreted it to mean that it´s a form for spies with a talent for taking/lying but it probably was a warning that it´s spying for their Gods and you can´t trust someone who´s in Smokeform.

So Venli went out, transformed into Stormform, was possesed (like we see with Eshonai) and kept it hidden be Listener Lightweaving, which explains why there´s no shift in her character after she assumes Stormform even though we see she transformed physcally (or did she?^^)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic