Knight Radiant opposite orders

Farnsworth

4 hours ago, The_God_King said:

yah, the Skybreakers are the offensive warriors, they are built to kill, seek vengeance and destroy , where as the Windrunners are the defense, they are designed to get places quickly, protect everyone, heal when needed but they aren't aloud to go seek out the enemy and counter attack, they need to stay back and protect the other orders that don't have powers that are as fighting based, or at least that what it seems like based off of what Kaladin and Szeth are like and the half told stories about the 2

Where is it stated the Windrunners were needed to heal? Kaladin can heal, but it has nothing to do with him being a Windrunner and Kaladin definitely has one of the most powerful and combat oriented surges.

2 hours ago, Emerald101 said:

@Three1415

[...] (Credit to Erklitt for digging that up)

@Erklitt

It's nice to see another sharder who's as concerned with headcanon WoB's as I am. Thanks for coming in and helping to clear some of this up.

Thanks for the moral support. I realize I should have phrased my reply to Three1415 more diplomatically... anyway, appreciate it!

2 hours ago, maxal said:

Where is it stated the Windrunners were needed to heal? Kaladin can heal, but it has nothing to do with him being a Windrunner and Kaladin definitely has one of the most powerful and combat oriented surges.

Kaladine heals himself in book two WoR when he fights Szeth in the palace and his arm is cut through with a shard blade, thats not just kaladin, thats the second surge the windrunners have and whats his face, the guy with one arm, grows his arm back once Kaladin accepts his roll as a futur KR and his squad gains his abilities, and yes, they are combat oriented (i never said they weren't, i said they weren't made to be offensive) because they are essentialy the honor guard of the orders.

Edited by The_God_King

26 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

Kaladine heals himself in book two WoR when he fights Szeth in the palace and his arm is cut through with a shard blade, thats not just kaladin, thats the second surge the windrunners have and whats his face, the guy with one arm, grows his arm back once Kaladin accepts his roll as a futur KR and his squad gains his abilities, and yes, they are combat oriented (i never said they weren't, i said they weren't made to be offensive) because they are essentialy the honor guard of the orders.

The Windrunners' surges are adhesion (the ability to stick things together) and gravitation (the ability to fly, etc.).  The super-healing thing that he and Lopen (and Szeth) do is just an effect of the Stormlight.  Presumably all the orders could do the same.

Now, Lift also has super-healing, and that is one of her abilities, since she can do it to other people.  But any of the KR can heal themselves with Stormlight.

1 minute ago, galendo said:

The Windrunners' surges are adhesion (the ability to stick things together) and gravitation (the ability to fly, etc.).  The super-healing thing that he and Lopen (and Szeth) do is just an effect of the Stormlight.  Presumably all the orders could do the same.

Now, Lift also has super-healing, and that is one of her abilities, since she can do it to other people.  But any of the KR can heal themselves with Stormlight.

oops, sorry, I guess I miss interpreted the healing, I thought szeth could only do it since he had the windrunner honor blade

It seems like people are disagreeing as to whether Windrunners or Bondsmiths are more of a god order. The way I see it, Windrunners are the most honor with their spren beng the purest Honor, while Bondsmiths have the biggest spren.

Back to the original topic:

Windrunners do seem opposed to Lightweavers with a conflict of Honor vs. Cryptic/Lying

You can see they are connected with a diagonal lines. Lets compare others that are connected with diagonal lines.

Edgedancers and Stonewards

Their diagonal line is most similar to the WindrunnerLightweaver line.

Edgedancer spren are like vines and vinestance favors adaptability (like a bending vine) while stonestance relies on being immobile (like a stone).

I see Edgedancers as flexible and Stonewards as resolute. They seem to be good opposites.

Description of Edgedancers that supports my thoughts: "their graceful, limber movements" ~in-world WoR

14 minutes ago, Eki said:

Szeth didn't actually have the ability to heal, as far as I know.

He did heal. On numerous occasions, but the easiest one to find is when he kills Gavilar and inhales Stormlight from the gems in the Shardplate to heal his broken jaw.

15 minutes ago, Eki said:

The Honorblades don't grant that same ability as a 'real' Nahel bond does.

These are the same abilities that are granted by Nahel bond, albeit Syl mentions that Szeth needs far more Stormlight to do what Kaladin does.

2 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

He did heal. On numerous occasions, but the easiest one to find is when he kills Gavilar and inhales Stormlight from the gems in the Shardplate to heal his broken jaw.

These are the same abilities that are granted by Nahel bond, albeit Syl mentions that Szeth needs far more Stormlight to do what Kaladin does.

You're right... But I'm sure I've seen a WoB about this or something. Maybe it's damage to the soul he couldn't heal? Let me check

Edit: Here we go:

Question

Szeth says in the first stormlight book that he can’t heal from a shardblade--

Brandon Sanderson

He can’t.

Question

So when he got cut he couldn’t heal that…

Brandon Sanderson

No. Not with his powers.

Question

Not from an honorblade.

Brandon Sanderson

Not from an honorblade.

Sorry about the confusion!

Edited by Eki

• Chaos locked this topic