Brandon Rothfuss

Was just re-reading Bands of Mourning, there's nothing spoilery in the text but just to be safe because it is a quote I'm going to put it below

Spoiler

"How in Harmony's True Name had he gotten all the way down to New Seran?

So it's official. Harmony has a True Name, and is going to show up in Book 3 of the King Killer Chronicles. My prediction is Kvothe is so awesome he ascends to godhood and becomes Adonalsium and sets off the entire Cosmere story at the end of Doors of Stone. 

1 minute ago, Magestar said:

Guys, King Killer Chronicles is Cosmere confirmed.  

We need to call in the Reckoners to deal with this. :P 

The Librarians are keeping this information from the general population for their own nefarious purposes. :ph34r: 

Also, I think this thread should be in Brandon Discussion. 

1 hour ago, Radiant Returned said:

So it's official. Harmony has a True Name, and is going to show up in Book 3 of the King Killer Chronicles. My prediction is Kvothe is so awesome he ascends to godhood and becomes Adonalsium and sets off the entire Cosmere story at the end of Doors of Stone.

Wait. Harmony cannot show up in Doors of Stone if Kvothe is supposed to start the Cosmere history :huh:

Also, we know that modern Kvothe is human and lost almost everything what made him... himself... Yeah, totally he was Adonalsium and then the Sixteen Shattered it and now Kvothe is just a bit more than a shell of flesh since they ripped out the Shards out of his soul. That explains why he's merely a shadow of his past self.

Now, how does Chandrian fit into this? Time-travelling Odium/Ruin Splinters?

The stories changed over time. The Chandrian and the Amyr are the "opposing force" who eventually shatter Adonalsium/Kvothe, not realizing the cosmic affects there will be of destroying someone as innately amazing as Kvothe. After KKC the Chandrian and Amyr who have taken up Kvothe's power leave for other worlds, and Kvothe, the original Adonalsium host, is laboring in self-sorrow in the Four Corners world all this time. 

Kvothe will come into play in the final Mistborn trilogy knowing the Names of all things and restoring the Cosmere to peace and tranquility. And somehow get Denna. Because really that's all I want in life right now.

• Chaos locked this topic