Random Storm Light questions

Vaatuu

36 minutes ago, Yata said:

Well he is not bonded with a Skybreaker's Spren therefore he may be an "unofficial" member of the order to be generous.

Taln is not a Stoneward neither a Radiant at all. He as Herald was gifted an Honorblade who perfome two surges (like Szeth with Windrunner's one)...the Spren who later become Stoneward's Spren imitated him and his Honorblade to give to the Humans the same powers....He was the Stoneward's patron not one of them. Of course is still a thematic character linked to the Stoneward.

All the remaining Heralds (of course expect Taln) seem to have become the opposite of their former self (or at least a twisted form).

- Shalash is a art destroyer

- Nale is a murderous vigilantes who care only to find a legal excuse to kill his prey.

- Kalak become a great coward

Neither nothing prevent as far as I know an Herald to become a Radiant much more without their Honorblades.

Although Szeth isn't bonded with a Skybreaker spren it fits his character perfectly and he seems to be moving towards becoming a Skybreaker, I know he isn't one yet I just meant we can group them together with reasonable certainty.

Thanks for clarifying I meant to say Taln was affiliated with the Stonewards and we can also fairly safely group them together.

I disagree with the heralds becoming opposites though, 

Kalak may be a coward, but the Willshapers don't exemplify bravery, the cowardice is an independent trait he has picked up. 

Shalash is completely opposite

Nale however seems to me to be more obsessive to the literal meaning with no room for error, rather than interpreting a situation. I could quite easily see some of the original Skybreakers having the same attitude. Especially as what we have heard about high spren being very emotionless and calculating. Observing the word of the law rather than the intent is maybe a better way to put it?

38 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Resolute - admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering. (I'm not sourcing define ".." in google)
Cowardice seems the opposite of unwavering, ie Resolute, but that's an argument of semantics

Fair enough, I was going by what we know about Willshapers rather than his original personality, and the only quote we have about them was 'love of adventure, novelty or oddity' hadn't seen those attributes before.

41 minutes ago, Rich2244 said:

Fair enough, I was going by what we know about Willshapers rather than his original personality, and the only quote we have about them was 'love of adventure, novelty or oddity' hadn't seen those attributes before.

It's fine. The attributes are listed on the Ten Essences chart. I think that this is in the Ars Arcanum of both books, but not fully sure

10 hours ago, Yata said:

Taln is not a Stoneward neither a Radiant at all. He as Herald was gifted an Honorblade who perfome two surges (like Szeth with Windrunner's one)...the Spren who later become Stoneward's Spren imitated him and his Honorblade to give to the Humans the same powers....He was the Stoneward's patron not one of them. Of course is still a thematic character linked to the Stoneward.

I think Brandon counts the Heralds as part of the orders.

He still seems to be very much aligned with the mentality of a Stoneward (other than the torture affecting him, of course, but he hasn't completely turned around like the other Heralds seem to have done). I think it's very likely he will actually bond to a Stonewardspren (and escape the Sons of Honor).

Brandon has confirmed he considers the Heralds as part of their order. Therefore, Taln is the main Stoneward character, no question here.

My main issue with having every single one of those flashback characters a Radiant is it is a tad too spoiler-y. It is not as interesting when it feels as if the story has been written in advance. I thus hope the cards haven't been drawn in advance. I hope the author will give the focus to a few non-flashback characters and I hope not every single one of our viewpoint KR will be drawn out of those flashbacks characters. I hope some of them won't end up being Radiants and I hope the author will find ways to give a bit of insight on other characters even without those pesky flashbacks.

• Chaos locked this topic