Long Game 26: Cognitive Dissonance

Nyali

Two reasons. First he's claimed to be an Independent Taldainian when he began the game Spiked. I was cool with it at first because I figured he was just trying to protect his identity. But then he posted this yesterday.

We know that Joe is a member of GoH, and assuming they're an open faction, they know the most of any of us right now. If they have reason to believe the Ghostbloods are trying to kill us all, I'm willing to take the chance that they're telling the truth. I mean, Joe just drew huge attention to himself by trying to kill twice consecutively, and since the second kill was on a GB (not an independent or a CoA), I think he was probably honest about wanting them dead for some reason. Since, as an independent, my win conditions do not directly pertain to any other faction, I'm going to be primarily focused on eliminating threats to myself. That will primarily take the form of helping other players so as not to be targeted (as I've done to the best of my ability so far), but in the case of an outed GB or other player I suspect of intentionally targeting independents or unintentionally targeting independents to an unnecessary degree via spamming of kills, I will try to get them lynched before I do a suspected GoH. 

Also, Dalaniar, how did you know the GB's color

Sounds like an attempt to deflect the lynch away from a teammate to me, onto a suspect Ghostblood no less, a faction that Joe is attempting to exterminate.

EDIT: That and I now know the identity of all of the most-likely-good / Independent Scadrians (Wax, MeLaan, Kelsier, Allomancer Jak). He's the only unknown, and thus most likely the evil one.

Edited by Amanuensis

Overall I agree. But this game has already been disappointingly quiet these past couple cycles, so discussion doesn't hurt. If anyone has an ability to find out a player's role or alignment and you're on the same world as Bugsy, a scan would be cool. If not, I guess I wouldn't mind an assassination. @Bugsy6912, do you have anything to say in your defense by the way?

Edited by Amanuensis

I'm Marsh, an independent. My flavortext says that at the request of Harmony, I traveled to Taldain to investigate the possibility that Bavadin was Trell. When I came across a massacre of people who wielded sand like Coinshots, I made a spike from someone who was mortally wounded and got Sand Mastery, but the Autonomy in the spike removed my spiritual connections to Scadrial and I started the game with both Sand Mastery and a Taldainian spirit web (along with the obvious Metallic Arts). I thought the Autonomy would hide my spike from Preservation, and my spirit web is Taldainian, so I claimed to be Taldainian so I wouldn't be caught ‘lying’ if I was scanned.
As for my 'defense' of Joe, I was storing Duralumin so I had to vote. Had I voted on Joe, it wouldn't really help me or the lynch and would look suspiciously like bandwaggoning. Since I have no desire to look suspicious, I voted on Dalinar and gave my (actual) concerns about the GBs as my reasoning. I followed up that post with one explicitly saying “To those of you who are CoA, it probably is in your best interests to lynch him”, just to clarify that I didn't expect anyone else to vote as I did. I don't see how I would even begin to hope to redirect an 11-0 lynch in ~2hrs, why in Braize you would think I'd be that blatantly obvious in my supposed attempt  to protect an eliminator, or what possible motive I'd have for saving an outed Odium even if I was an elim (he's going to get killed anyways).

19 hours ago, livinglegend said:

Also, Just so everyone is aware, If you become mortally wounded, please come to Roshar. It is one of my goals to heal people. 

No way! That's one of my goals too! :D But I don't think people are just going to announce to the world PM that they're mortally wounded so I doubt that anybody's gonna come to any of us :/ 

19 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

No way! That's one of my goals too! :D But I don't think people are just going to announce to the world PM that they're mortally wounded so I doubt that anybody's gonna come to any of us :/ 

Why not? If they don't, they die the next turn anyways 

They do? Huh. I need to reread the rules real quick. Be back in a sec!

Oh and if anyone wants to be healed, you can come to Nalthis too. Also, make sure you have food items for me before you get yourself mortally wounded :P 

Edited by I_am_a_Stick
ninjad by darkness

On 9/24/2016 at 11:56 PM, The Only Joe said:

Emphasis Mine. I would just like to point out that Paranoid King is a liar. He is putting Words in my mouth in order to get me killed. I never said I was a child. Because that is a Lie, and I don't lie in SE.

No, lying is when I do it on purpose. I asked why you knew the name of the children, and you said "My faction. Duh." Which lead me to believe that your faction was child, not that your faction told you the name of the children.

In addition, I don't see why I would need to put words in your mouth to get you lynched when you're doing it yourself. (Mr. I'm a GoH.)

@Bugsy6912 do you mind rendezvousing with @Silverblade5 on Taldain and letting him scan you twice to confirm you really are "Marsh"? I somewhat doubt Marsh is in the game given both Harmony and Kelsier have said that he was never mentioned in their flavor text, but if hard evidence can prove you're telling the truth then you're no enemy of mine

Edited by Amanuensis

A̶̳̮̯̗̮̞͈̼̳͚̱͇ͥ̾ͮͬ̔̄̀̀͆͞͞n̵ͤ̌͆ͫ̐̽͌͑̋̈́ͦ̅̓̓̄ͭͥ̚̚҉̷̙̹̩̟͈̦͙̹̭̪̪̟̱̕ͅ ͊̏ͦͣͦ҉̡͓̙̺̤͈͘͟ạ͇̥̙̝̲͈̞̲̳̥̲͖͋̄̎ͭ͘͟ͅņ̷̴̡̹̱̮̤͎̩ͥͪ͋ͬͅc̸̶̶͕̻̯͈̠̦̲̐ͭ͌ͯͭͮ͐͌͂ͭ̈́́̓̄ͧ̐͡͝i̜͎̬̝͍͎͚̖̪̝̱̖ͯ̍̂̂͊̊̒̊̆ͬ̎̔͘͢è̇͐̃̊̐͌ͩ̏͑̽̒̚͏̴̶̤̝̥̼͔̝ņ̶̴̺̮̖͔̟̰͇͔̰̓̌̿͒̑͒̿ͭ͛̐̆̄̂́ͦ̒͠t̷̄͗̉̑͒̇ͬ͐̍̐͐҉̧̙̦̟̜̬̜̥ ̸̭͔͖͎̟̬̥̥͉̙̌ͥ̿͜͠é̇̾̑ͤͩͫ̉̈͒͐̋̒͆̔ͬ͘҉̶̡̺̭̘̥v̵̷̭̫͙̼̲̼̼̥̤̱ͫ͊̓͛̄̎̃͋̇̅̇̽ͮ͂i̴͇̞͍̻̱͈͙̠̗̩͇̘̱͈͐̍́ͤͥͧ̎͒ͩ̈́̓̕l̵̴͙̫̰͈̼͓̬̬̫̭̠̠͈͋ͯ̈́͟͠ ̵̢̡̧̩̺̜̦͔̄̋̓ͪ̌ͦ́ͧ͢h̴̢̝̗̲̰̮̠̝̰̳͇̪ͭ̎̋́͢͟a̴̙̺̳̠̗̣̖̞͇͆̈́̇͊̎͊ͧͭ̈͋̚̚̚̕̕s̨̐͆̏ͪͪ̉̆ͦ̕҉͏̹̗̩̲͇̹̱̭̹͈͓̩͙͔͓̟ ̴̢͚͚̘̣̾̆̐͊̉̈́ͬ̌̈͂̈́͜a̙̠̟̗̥͐̇̃̆̈́͂̓ͬ̈̅͒ͪͫ̉̉ͪ̀͢w͍͓̲͉̻ͪ͒͑ͬ̇̅̿̒̿̓̍̉́ͣͬ̕͟ạ̵̷̶̢̡̗̟͙̜̤͙͈͈̌ͤ̓ͩ̌͆̋̿̈́͛͒̈ͮ̌ͪ͋̉ͧ̚k̶̷̸͍͚̼̗̗̻̗̠̲̘͋̌ͨ̂ͭ̑͘͢e̷̴̹̟͚̰̫̠͇̣͎̙̹̭̺̙̦̙͖ͭ̔ͬͤͬ̈͢͠n̡̛͍͈̺̮̥ͨͨͭ̔̿̒̉̈́̊͋ͤ̃̑͗̊ͧ̚͢͡͞ë́ͬ̐͋̽̍̚͏̵̢̨̦̦͖̳̤͉̝̩̺̖̻̺̞̳̀d̙̝̝̖̬̭̼̳͓͍̞̜̒̃̐ͥ͒ͤ̕͡.̧̮̺̗͉̝͍̦̤͇̪̖͔̭̫̱̆̈̓͛̀ͧ͆͜.̡̜̫͕̰̼͍̖͔̰̜̪́̒ͬ̐͌͆̊̒͛̀͑̎̋̅ͪ̍̎̒́̕͘͡.̷͈̠̬̖̤͌́́ͫ͒ͣ̌ͣ̅̈́͒̊̆͒̒́̀̚̚͢͜͡ ̥͎͔̼̼̌̄̋̐̃̐̏͒̀́͡͝͞C̴͎̥̠̖͈͉̗̪̰̻̍̈́̅ͦ̅͗͑ͬ̂͒ͤͥ̌͐ͩ̚͜͢͜o̧̫̮ͪ̿͗ͭ̒͋̈̓̀̎ͤ͞ͅm̷̧͙͍̺̲̺̬̫̲͕̺̙̦̲͍̘̙̙͌̓͊̒ͭͦͭ̒̑́̚͞͡ę̸̮̯̦̖̎ͣ̄͒͑̾ͬ̊̾̆̎͒͗͊̋̀́,̸̢̯̭̫̝̘̲̖̰͙͍̦̮͛͗ͥͬͮͩ̌̏͗͛̓̉̆͋̈́͜͞͠ ̴̧̧̛̞͎̫̫̣͙̐͐͛̇̓̑̍͟m͐ͬ͂̅͑ͯ̑͌̽̕͏̠͕͓͉̖̖̩͙͉̻ȳ̅̅̔͒ͪ̏̅̑͆ͫ̒ͪͫ̚͏̖̦͎̺͚̘̖̳̣̦̝̥̖̩̕͝ͅ ̷̨̖̬̼͍̯̱ͩ͂ͤ̎͊̾̓ͧ̋̈͑ͧ̂̊́́̚c̸̝̳͉͖̪͙̺̣͖̿ͯͣ͂̌́ͧͯͫ̋̒͆͛̊ͬ͜͞ͅͅh̷̎̐ͤ͌͒̈̌̅̽̚͝͏͚͚͍͔̝̩i̸̖͖͔̹̤̟̦͚͓̲͗̎ͮͣ̐ͭ̓̄ͬ͆ͪͥ̊͂ͩ̂̿ͨͦ͢͠ͅͅl̄̐̾͒ͣ̌͋̎ͧ̓̂̋͊̏̒͌̑ͤ͘҉̪̹̩͉̩̣͈̜̹̲͖͙̲̗̱͓̥̳̪̕ḑ̷̵͈̘̲͕̱̮͚̮̯̖͍̺̄ͦ̏͐ͭ̉̽̊ͨ̉͋̓̒̊̆ͭ̐́́̚r̶̵͓̙̳͍̙͚̺̞̖̤̠̥̣̣̻͔̺ͯ̑̽̈ͪ̓̉ͩ̔ͥ̆̚͡͞e̓̃̽͋̂ͧ̒̒́ͯ́ͭ͞͡͏͔̺͇͓͎͚̮̜n̵̪̘͓̞̬̮̉̒ͥ̓͐̉̏̉̿͆ͮ̐̎ͮ̎́̈̓̚̕͟͡