Reread cheat sheet

Bramble Thorn

I want to reread The Way of Kings before the release of Words of Radiance, and would like a compiled Ars Arcana to have to reference separate during this.

One this has what the forum consensus of the Heralds in relation to the ten essences, and their archway pictures, so I can reference it before I read each chapter.

Also the relations of the KR orders, and their glyphs, surges and their glyphs, and their glowy colors, all in relation to the 10 essences and the soulcasting and divine qualities.

All in one place / easy to read format, So I can look for all the correspondences as I reread. Does something like this exist anywhere?

You may enjoy this. Specifically:

Chart3-2.jpg

Doesn't have Surges, and it's really rather dated. The sort of table you're looking for doesn't really exist yet so far as I know. It would be a good project whenever we get all the Surge/Order names figured out.

Edited by Moogle

We have something started that you are looking for but not everything in one sheet. If you look up the thread that is titled "known surgebinders", there is a Google doc where we started to gather this info. I am on my phone or I would post the link.

I would like to expand on this request:  I'm also doing my reread, and I'd like the Complete, Unabridged 17th Shard version.  Translations for the pictures I'm sure I can find on the wiki, glyph/essence/herald connections... anything else I should remember before I'm beyond the shallow end?

I have a chart that I made that's (as far as I know) up-to-date. Does anyone know how I can upload it?

Depends. What format is it in? Images you can upload to services like Imgur and Flickr. Documents, you do Dropbox (or some other cloud account of your preference - Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Microsoft Skydrive, Box, etc.). 

Depends. What format is it in? Images you can upload to services like Imgur and Flickr. Documents, you do Dropbox (or some other cloud account of your preference - Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Microsoft Skydrive, Box, etc.). 

Here it is! 

I made this to use during my reread.

Edit: Actually made the link available :P

Edited by chikinllama

Here it is!

Wow, that's great! I made one for myself that is similar, but yours definitely looks nicer. I'll be printing a copy to make notes with through WoR.

Did you make this directly as a pdf? If you have the original spreadsheet file, do you mind making that available for my own downloading-and-editing pleasure?

Edited by ccstat

Eh, we don't really know that Bondsmiths fall under Kelek - they could be Ishar's. Also, the text inside light purple Secondary Surge and white + Second Ideal is different color for some reason, makes it very difficult to read.

But other than that, nice work. 

I tried making boxes that haven't been confirmed yet (i.e. Bondsmiths falling under Kelek) in gray, so that adds to the difficulty in reading. I'll change it once its been confirmed. 

Unfortunately, I just had a hard drive crash so I lost my original spreadsheet file :/ I'll end up making another for when I start my second reading of Words of Radiance!

@chikinllama: Sorry about the hard drive crash, those stink. I took the liberty of recreating the spreadsheet for you to save you the work. It was amazingly easy to recreate from your pdf.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qnrnyukpl5uve6/Stormlight%20Cheat%20Sheet.xlsx Excel 2013 version (unknown back compatibility)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qcj1u4mfuxo0vu/Stormlight%20Cheat%20Sheet%20MS03.xls Saved as Excel 97-2003 version

Edited by Mysty

Maybe you could also add the words of each of their Ideals as we learn them?

Exactly why there are blank spots in the spreadsheet, just waiting for Brandon to reveal what the other ideals are so we can add them in.

And welcome to the forum Lorna!

Thanks to all who contributed. I have made some formatting changes to Mysty's version, and the updated file is here.

I did two things:

• Added larger, clearer glyph symbols for the surges and orders.
  • Changed the surge layout to get rid of the "primary" and "secondary" designations. Now the surges lie between the orders that share them.

Are there additional changes you'd like to see?

Edit: fixed the link

Edited by ccstat

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've seen it all in one place. The ten essences Coppermind page is what I usually refer to if I need information like this - if it's not there, I can usually get an idea where to go to from there.

Thanks i cheated and reread using the audio version a visual Ten Essences chart...you have no idea how much easier it is to process this way haha :)

Thanks

• Chaos locked this topic