Ashravan the Returned

Pagerunner

FWIW, here's an excerpt of the Ashravan specifics:

comment reply[Oathbringer Spoilers] Stormlight Three Update #4

from mistborn via /r/Stormlight_Archive sent 18 hours ago

argel1200 (me): Regarding Ashraven... Would it be correct to say that memories are part of the mind/CR aspect? Assuming so, was Shai forging a new CR aspect to in-effect reconnect Asharaven's Soul (SR) with his body (PR)? I was thinking this could explain how she got his mannerisms correct -- i.e. that those are timeless SR aspects, so she didn't really get those right but instead, the SR connection was re-established?

Brandon: Regarding Ashrovan: The problem here is that I don't want to get too deep into these sorts of things, for reasons that I want aspects of the magic to remain subject to discussion for a while yet. Suffice it to say that when we talk about Returned and lifeless in Warbreaker sequels, you'll have more ammunition for understanding what happened in Emperor's Soul.

18 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

But I think it's a good sign that, when asked about Ashravan, Brandon pointed unprovoked towards Warbreaker.

Yes, the only other thing I mentioned was begging for something new about Adolin for SA3 (he will wear a different outfit than his Kohlin soldier's uniform).

Now we have just a tad more to speculate on and we know for sure now that Returned, Lifeless and Forgery share similarities. Has Brandon confirmed that in the past? 

Edit: Sorry for the double-post -- since the previous one was upvoted, I didn't want to add a bunch of new content to it or replace the contents.

Edited by Argel

38 minutes ago, Argel said:

Now we have just a tad more to speculate on and we know for sure now that Returned, Lifeless and Forgery share similarities. Has Brandon confirmed that in the past? 

It's hard to search for info on the subject, since everyone spells Ashravan differently. (Even Brandon himself just spelled it 'Ashrovan' on Reddit.)

• Chaos locked this topic