Bronze Allomancy and Kinetic Investiture

taalvastal

Question

So I think it's relatively well established that Bronze Allomancy can sense kinetic investiture ("active" magic, like surgebinding, burning metals, storing/tapping metalminds, drawing aons and so on). What do you guys expect to be the cut of beyond which a use of investiture is no longer 'kinetic enough' to be sensed by burning bronze? For instance, could a Seeker sense someone just holding stormlight? This seems pretty similar to someone burning steel, but not pushing on anything. But we often talk about Stormlight and breaths being more easily interchanged than other magic systems - so could a Seeker sense someone that had achieved the first heightening? That doesn't seem likely. Elantrians are sustained by investiture (ie, they don't need to eat, etc): could a seeker sense this use of investiture?

What do you guys think is a likely cut of?

3 answers to this question

To me a Seeker may sense the use of almost all the Kinetic Investiture: this would mean: Allomancer burning metals, Feruchemist tapping/storing, Elantrian's Aondor usage, Stormlight's surges,Awakening,eccc.... But to me there are a couple of level of difficoulty.

- The power comes from outside (quite easy to detect)

- The power is inner and the User investiture also cover it (quite hard to detect)

For example we know that is possible to Sense Feruchemy use...but at the time of the original Trilogy neither Vin or the Inquisitor was able to sense Sazed's feruchemy. Neither in the W&W's era nobody mention to use a seeker to try to spot a Feruchemist.

It's also possible you need to be a Savant to made your spectrum of Investiture's pulse wider.