17th shard made my day

Kered

Hello all, my name is Derek. I've been reading avidly since my last year of high school, but I didn't find my passion for fantasy until a couple years ago. And it wasn't until last year when I finished the last Kingkiller book that I found out about Brandon. Since then I've read the wheel of time, as well as most of the cosmere novels. Actually as I type this, I'm finishing my last one, Warbreaker.

Always after I finish a fantasy book, especially one of Brandon's, I can't seem to find someone to discuss my crazy ideas/theories with the passion I want. So imagine my surprise when I found out about 17th shard. Beyond excited.

So thanks for bein the awesome dudes you are and making this forum awesome for a newcomer such as myself. Looking forward to having awesome conversations and discussions with you guys :)

Cheers

Edited by KereDerek

@bleeder I finally beat to you the thread for once!

1 hour ago, KereDerek said:

Hello all, my name is Derek. I've been reading avidly since my last year of high school, but I didn't find my passion for fantasy until a couple years ago. And it wasn't until last year when I finished the last Kingkiller book that I found out about Brandon. Since then I've read the wheel of time, as well as most of the cosmere novels. Actually as I type this, I'm finishing my last one, Warbreaker.

Always after I finish a fantasy book, especially one of Brandon's, I can't seem to find someone to discuss my crazy ideas/theories with the passion I want. So imagine my surprise when I found out about 17th shard. Beyond excited.

So thanks for bein the awesome dudes you are and making this forum awesome for a newcomer such as myself. Looking forward to having awesome conversations and discussions with you guys :)

Cheers

Hello, @KereDerek! Welcome to the bustling hive of theories, forum games, role-playing, reading discussion, and inside jokes that we call the 17th Shard. Have your first upvote.

As a word of warning: don't eat the cookies, or whatever else they'll offer you. The food has a bad habit of Ruining lives (capitalization intended).

6 hours ago, KereDerek said:

Cheers

Hi there Derek! @Elenion Some of us need sleep.

I am bleeder, resident vest-wearing music guy. 

Welcome to the Shard! We'll try to be as much of "awesome dudes" as you expect us to be, but usually we end up talking about baking... or politics... or each other's day to day lives. 

Oh, hey, speaking of baking, if you are offered any kind of food or drink, do not accept. Please. For your own good.

Anyway, we're glad to have you! If you ever need anything, feel free to let me know! 

10 hours ago, KereDerek said:

Cheers

3 hours ago, bleeder said:

Hi there Derek! @Elenion Some of us need sleep.

I am bleeder, resident vest-wearing music guy. 

Welcome to the Shard! We'll try to be as much of "awesome dudes" as you expect us to be, but usually we end up talking about baking... or politics... or each other's day to day lives. 

Oh, hey, speaking of baking, if you are offered any kind of food or drink, do not accept. Please. For your own good.

Anyway, we're glad to have you! If you ever need anything, feel free to let me know! 

@KereDerek Don't worry, the cookies are great. In fact I have one ready for you. Trust me, the taste is amazing!

images.jpg

5 hours ago, KereDerek said:

I have a feeling that there's a double meaning to your words but it's cookies so whatever. 

*verifies that you've read Mistborn*

The cookies (and everything else) contain hemalurgic spikes. We just use puns like Ruined because it's more fun.