Stormlight 3 %80 done on 1st draft

bdoble97

So I was over at Brandon Sanderson's website which I go to probably once a day and saw that book 3 is now 80% done I know it's a nearly 2% increase from his last up date but it got me excited. It made me wonder aren't we supposed to get it a year from now? So could we within the coming months get a possible official title for the book or some hints with interior artwork on tour.com, also is it a definite that Michael Whelan will be doing the cover if not I'll be extremely disappointed because his first two covers have been amazing. I also love how we had the interior cover for Shallan I almost wish that was the main cover instead of interior cover.  How are they going to step up book three I know they said that they're experimenting with the world map being printed on the interior of the Discover which sounds really cool but could we get third interior cover on the back end probably not but I just love the artwork and love this world.

25 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Yeah, he hasn't officially confirmed the title as final but every time it's come up for at least a year now (maybe longer?) he's said that his current intent is to name it Oathbringer and it's not likely to change at this point.

Cool. Would love to see Dalinar on the cover along with his spren the Stomfather 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Checked the website and it's now at 87%! Storms, it tells close. 

Awesome! I was thinking its been stuck at 80% for what seems like forever (in reality probably a couple of weeks) Its amazing how much work he has gotten done on tour. Not to bad mouth other authors, but one comes to mind that says he can only write his books in a specific room on a 1980's computer using an a ancient writing program. So yeah excited about the update!

13 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Awesome! I was thinking its been stuck at 80% for what seems like forever (in reality probably a couple of weeks) Its amazing how much work he has gotten done on tour. Not to bad mouth other authors, but one comes to mind that says he can only write his books in a specific room on a 1980's computer using an a ancient writing program. So yeah excited about the update!

He was touring. He did write while touring, but he probably didn't bother to update the website progress bar.

9 hours ago, maxal said:

He was touring. He did write while touring, but he probably didn't bother to update the website progress bar.

He wrote some of the 80-87% part while we were in the same city...Am I crazy to be proud of it ?:lol:

13 minutes ago, CalypsoDreaming said:

10%...drafts, editing, formatting... Hopefully in about a year! Plus, I believe it should be a bit longer...

This exciting news. Will we get any hints about the cover or official title. I know its been called Oathbringer. But I need more information haha

2 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

This exciting news. Will we get any hints about the cover or official title. I know its been called Oathbringer. But I need more information haha

You know what would give us more information? The book being released (north that we should complain, I mean, it's actually very quick). Also, I'm pretty sure the title will be Oathbringer, as this far in it would have already been changed, plus, it's been used for about a year I think? However, covers are normally done after editing I think? Maybe? Maybe not?

But hey! I read somehwere that he's hoping to finish it with NaNoWriMo, so thats good news

6 hours ago, CalypsoDreaming said:

You know what would give us more information? The book being released (north that we should complain, I mean, it's actually very quick). Also, I'm pretty sure the title will be Oathbringer, as this far in it would have already been changed, plus, it's been used for about a year I think? However, covers are normally done after editing I think? Maybe? Maybe not?

But hey! I read somehwere that he's hoping to finish it with NaNoWriMo, so thats good news

Ummm whats NaNoWriMo.

Well, you could always try banging your head against a wall to snap yourself, hope that you have secret allomancer genes, then down a vial of cadmium and hope for the best*. Or you can temporarily channel that impatience for SA3 into impatience for next week to arrive so we can read Arcanum Unbounded and take some of the edge off our cravings for more Sanderson. And then keep doing it in all future instances until whatever book you're most looking forward to arrives. I know I'll be doing it for the next, oh, seven or so years until the stars are aligned and Cthulhu is pleased everything necessary vis a vis Elantris is done and we can start looking forward to Mistborn Era 3, which is probably my most anticipated known project right now. Not to imply that I'm not eagerly awaiting everything between now and then because I am, but you know what I mean. xD

*Poster takes no responsibility for headaches, damaged furniture or heavy metal poisoning. Always attempt to become an allomancer responsibly.

51 minutes ago, Weltall said:

we can start looking forward to Mistborn Era 3, which is probably my most anticipated known project right now. Not to imply that I'm not eagerly awaiting everything between now and then because I am, but you know what I mean. xD

Is the only info we have on mistborn 3 is that it is scifi? I assume that mean FTL travel and visiting other cosmere worlds...

3 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Is the only info we have on mistborn 3 is that it is scifi? I assume that mean FTL travel and visiting other cosmere worlds...

Per my memory, Brandon has said that Mistborn Era 4 will be some form of Space Opera. What Era 3 will contain is a bit of a mystery right now

7 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Per my memory, Brandon has said that Mistborn Era 4 will be some form of Space Opera. What Era 3 will contain is a bit of a mystery right now

I thought it went like this

Mistborn 1:Final Empire-Hero of ages

Mistborn 1.5: Alloy of Law and the three sequels

Mistborn 2:1980's like setting

Mistborn 3: Science fiction setting

1 hour ago, Ammanas said:

I thought it went like this

Mistborn 1:Final Empire-Hero of ages

Mistborn 1.5: Alloy of Law and the three sequels

Mistborn 2:1980's like setting

Mistborn 3: Science fiction setting

I've been shot down for the "1.5" thing before so.. Not too sure anymore